it just got delivered!!

Triton in the media

Re: it just got delivered!!

Postby snowman on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 pm

we used the plate covers at the quarry site and obviously didn't fit them at the dunes (we had to take them off to drive there) i'm not fussed, i wasn't doing anything wrong. it was all pretty tame stuff really.

my kids LOVED seeing themselves in the mag. :D :D :D
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Bogor on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Oh! they are plate covers.
I thought they were photoshopped on in the editing stage.
My bad. :)
Bogor

Postby Homer on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:08 pm

^^^me too...
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Steane on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Just had the latest Custom Utes mag delivered, with Daryn and Big Red featured in one of the articles.

Nothing has changed unfortunately...

The Hilux from the article gets centre place on the front page, with the other brands sitting up behind it.

No winner is chosen, but you don't need to be a brain surgeon to pick up their preference.

Nothing bad to say about the Lux. Wrap-up - Lightly modified, and it went everywhere the others did, which is why it is the top seller... :roll: Oh, and it's stronger and better made apparently as well, which is why the owner bought it... :roll: :roll:

Diddy - you'll be loving this crap.

The Triton wrap-up - 'limited wheel travel' and thirsty, but lots of power.

Didn't know you were running an aftermarket ECU and a chip Daryn... :lol: Or is this a special combination you haven't told us about. :?: :shock:

They can't help themselves, it's like a nasty disease. 4WD Action = [insert long wet-sounding fart noise here]
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Steane wrote:Just had the latest Custom Utes mag delivered, with Daryn and Big Red featured in one of the articles.

Nothing has changed unfortunately...

The Hilux from the article gets centre place on the front page, with the other brands sitting up behind it.

No winner is chosen, but you don't need to be a brain surgeon to pick up their preference.

Nothing bad to say about the Lux. Wrap-up - Lightly modified, and it went everywhere the others did, which is why it is the top seller... :roll: Oh, and it's stronger and better made apparently as well, which is why the owner bought it... :roll: :roll:

well done Daryn.

fair dinkum the other day the OL bloke i was talking to said he had sold that many new 'elockers' for 100 series because their front diffs are shit, Prados break front diffs, so do the Hiluxs + their clutch issues. [censored] me they have more driveline breakages than almost any other readily available car and yet they are unbreakable WTF :? :? :? :?

the only thing unbreakable about a Toyota is their rhetoric.

//rant over.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Steane on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Forgot my manners... :oops:

Yes, well done Daryn, and all the guys on NTN who've been waving the Triton flag lately. A lot of time, and I'm sure money invested by you all to attend these shoots/drives.

Just shits me that 4WD Action are so pathetically one-eyed.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ultimate on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:28 pm

I think the tritons flex very well.

Click to view larger picture

I had a tyre off the ground at this point in the lux where as AG9111 had complete traction. Of cause the Hilux doesn't have a bump stop restricting droop, but they do have more problems with drive line failures from bad CV angles.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby ML-VR08 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Check my flex in my home page! I reckon mine has unreal flex!!! I hate how they rubbish the triton whenever there is a competition!!!! :evil: :evil: Typical badge loyalty - Yuckfou 4wdaction lol :twisted: !

////end rant!!!
ML-VR08

Postby reeldreamer on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:10 pm

I hate it more when people who bag on the hilux whilst owning a triton then buy a hilux and tell us how great they are :evil:

We have come to expect this treatment from 4wd action so it doesn't worry me! As long as we are happy that is all that matters!
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

it just got delivered!!

Postby Diddy on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Only time will tell just how good my new hilux will be cos it won't get treated any different then the triton was and I had no issues at all with the triton they are a exceptionally good vehicle for what they are .
i wish we had a caravan like the ALCO'S
Diddy

Postby har05l on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:06 pm

snowman wrote:well done Daryn.

fair dinkum the other day the OL bloke i was talking to said he had sold that many new 'elockers' for 100 series because their front diffs are shit, Prados break front diffs, so do the Hiluxs + their clutch issues. $@#&% me they have more driveline breakages than almost any other readily available car and yet they are unbreakable WTF :? :? :? :?

the only thing unbreakable about a Toyota is their rhetoric.

//rant over.

And to add to this snowie chris's brother ben who works in the hi-tech workshop they run as well will this year be updating his decked out GU patrol for a triton :D . The word is out there but only the open minded will try 8-)

And well done daz, you tried and in our eyes you won ;)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

it just got delivered!!

Postby mattz on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Diddy wrote:Only time will tell just how good my new hilux will be cos it won't get treated any different then the triton was and I had no issues at all with the triton they are a exceptionally good vehicle for what they are .

For what they are hey diddy! :lol: :lol:
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby daryn on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:24 pm

The lux didnt go everywhere, it had to take the easier lines to get through everything and also had to be winched by the red truck.

I basically lead the trip and of course being the first vehicle tackled all of the harder lines, the bt50 and the lux were not willing to drive the same lines as mine and the navara(diff locked) and as such took the easier lines on all major obstacles.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Hey steane, did I at least provide some good action shots ?
daryn
Valued Contributor

it just got delivered!!

Postby Diddy on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 pm

mattz wrote:
Diddy wrote:Only time will tell just how good my new hilux will be cos it won't get treated any different then the triton was and I had no issues at all with the triton they are a exceptionally good vehicle for what they are .

For what they are hey diddy! :lol: :lol:

I didn't mean it like that
i wish we had a caravan like the ALCO'S
Diddy

Postby Steane on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 pm

daryn wrote:Hey steane, did I at least provide some good action shots ?

There is a good one of Big Red cresting a dune with the front wheels in the air, and 'talk' but no photo evidence of Big Red being fully airborne on its way up a hill... 8-)

Is it a bird...is it a plane...no its Big Red... :lol:
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Steane on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:30 pm

daryn wrote:The lux didnt go everywhere, it had to take the easier lines to get through everything and also had to be winched by the red truck.

I basically lead the trip and of course being the first vehicle tackled all of the harder lines, the bt50 and the lux were not willing to drive the same lines as mine and the navara(diff locked) and as such took the easier lines on all major obstacles.

There you go. Not that we needed proof, but we now know that 4WDCraptacular won't let the truth get in the way of a good Toyota story. That is crap isn't it! And the Tri had no advantage other than power over the Lux, both had the usual lifts and mud tyres.

I'm going to go and light a fire with my back copies. :evil: All of those ads should burn for a while...
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:41 pm

who wrote the article from 4WD Action? we had Scott Butler at our shoot but he didn't seem to get any credit for the write up.

har05l wrote:And to add to this snowie chris's brother ben who works in the hi-tech workshop they run as well will this year be updating his decked out GU patrol for a triton :D . The word is out there but only the open minded will try 8-)

And well done daz, you tried and in our eyes you won ;)

yeah i got a lift to the station in Chris's truck and i saw Ben and said "you are obviously Nissan fans" and he said no Toyota actually but when we went to buy the only toyota option was the cruiser and it wasn't worth the coin.

they are good blokes and it would be good to get em out one day...although we might struggle to keep up with their rigs 8-) .
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Steane on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Brendan Seymour wrote this latest one Snowie.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:57 pm

just quietly i would love to take the triton on one of their DVD trips......
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby har05l on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:02 pm

snowman wrote:just quietly i would love to take the triton on one of their DVD trips......

Move to talk shit thread :lol: :lol:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daryn on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

By darynmck at 2011-04-06

This is the dune that the nissan could not get up and I airborned over it first go

By darynmck at 2011-04-06

click my name and if you want to waste time you can browse the other pics, which are pretty boring.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby al coholic on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Congrats Dazza........I will grab a copy of 4wdActionToyotaCustomUtes when it hits the stands :D I cant believe you let a Hilux beat you though :roll: You were there to represent the Triton community and let us down man :twisted: :lol: :lol:

reeldreamer wrote:I hate it more when people who bag on the hilux whilst owning a triton then buy a hilux and tell us how great they are :evil:

Mate......seriously build a bridge and get the f### over it!!! Enough with the whining, Diddy may be buying a Hilux, but anyone can see he is trying to get blokes like you revved up :roll: And its working :?
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby UAV on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:29 pm

snowman wrote:just quietly i would love to take the triton on one of their DVD trips......

x2
UAV

Postby Steane on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:50 pm

al coholic wrote:Congrats Dazza........I will grab a copy of 4wdActionToyotaCustomUtes when it hits the stands :D I cant believe you let a Hilux beat you though :roll: You were there to represent the Triton community and let us down man :twisted: :lol: :lol:

There wasn't an actual winner Alco, I've just read between the lines with the way they summed each ute up. Most of the article was about mods and driving, it wasn't really a comparo, although it started off sounding like one, most of the article wasn't related back to the actual utes and their differences. They even stated that the locked D40 wasn't allowed to use its diff lock, to keep things more even, and that all of the cars had around a 2" lift (the D40 had a 5" lift...), but they didn't actually compare anything in the end. Very strange.

Usual load of nonsense from them...
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Triton News