Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Re: Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Postby Matdobbs on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:06 am

Hey guys,
Your thread is totally informative!!!
A few quick questions if anyone can answer it'd be much appreciated. I'm trying to decide if I should get one of these units for my new 2012 GLX triton.
Is the sound any better/worse than the stock unit?
Is the Bluetooth calling clear?
Does anyone use the tv function, and is it clear in Perth metro?
Now they pioneer have released mirror function units so I can project the gps Tom Tom screen from my iPhone onto the unit display... So is the gps function of the unit good? Or comparable to other iPhone gps software?
As some others have stated I'm just trying to decide if I too should take the plunge like you all have.
Great forum and support guys.
Cheers in advance!!
Matdobbs

Postby daryn on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:30 am

Mat, Im not sure if the Pioneer mirrors all apps yet, it seems to be a select few which are enabled and TomTom is not currently advertised as being on that list.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Matdobbs on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:39 am

daryn wrote:Mat, Im not sure if the Pioneer mirrors all apps yet, it seems to be a select few which are enabled and TomTom is not currently advertised as being on that list.

Cheers for the heads up Daryn I'll have to look into that further then.
Would you say the GPS in these units are comparable anyway??
Matdobbs

Postby daryn on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 am

I never had the DigOption one, mine was an Opel which I think is a similar concept and specification, basically you need to look at what Nav program they are using and how often they update etc., research in that area I would suggest.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby dunney on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:04 pm

My unit arrived yesterday and when trialing the navigation side of things, all a seem to get is 'cant find navigation software!'

The sd card is in the unit, unfortunately digi is closed for the day but need to navigation ready by Friday for my holidays!! Eeeek!!!
dunney

Postby dan.batto on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Shoot Matt an email, with your phone number, tell him your problem and that it is urgent, he will most likely shoot you back and email with the files required!
He has been fantastic like that for me!
dan.batto

Postby t_j_g on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Sorry to repeat myself, but i think it got overlooked. Does anyone know if the system allows for the factory stereo audio input jacks in the centre console to still be used?
t_j_g

Postby mjrstar on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Has anyone had an issue with "cannot find navigation software"

I have tried this
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50328074/DIG%2 ... ctions.pdf

but no joy as the SD card dies not seem to display file paths (tried 2 different SD cards)

Rest of the unit is really good, and the issue above has only happened recently..
Current steeds:
09 GLXR double cab.
04 Turbo airtrek (outlander)
96 Lancer evolution 4.
79 Toyota starlet race car.
71 Austin mini.
mjrstar

Postby gauci204 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Radio reception issue, potential fix.

I have posted this also in the radio reception thread but thought I should put it here also as it is specific to the dig options unit.

Ok, just tried installing the new zcg Ariel and it has done nothing, but I think I have found the permanent fix for the dig options unit, and it is free (unless you have paid $120 for a nice shiny white Ariel like me :evil: )

Ok, it is all in the settings.

Start with the radio on and Press the SRC button and then press setup in the top left corner of the screen. Then press audio. then in the top right hand corner of the screen press "next"?

Now there will be 7 vertical sliders to adjust the output volume (my assumption) of the unit for DVD, TV, RADIO, BT, IPOD, AUX, NAVI

Go to the radio slider and press the down arrow until your reception clears up. Mine came good a minus 1. Turn your volume up to check it is all good. :D

I hope this helps you guys. I can now get all my fm stations static free, and also listen to my cricket on abc grandstand clear as day. :D

Cheers

Chris.

P.s. anyone want a new am/fm Ariel?
gauci204

Postby dunney on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Im still having no luck with the navigation side of things and im beginning to lose my patience with digoptions about it. their help so far has been fairly ordinary imo. i must admit it is christmas time so maybe that is contributing to that. So in the mean time I turn back to this thread

As i said i have been dealing with matt regarding my navigation problems and I have even downloaded the new software upgrade and still am getting " can't find navigation software".I'm fairly sure my unit has a fault at this stage...however i have a few questions

1- can a proper reset on the unit be done? I press the button for a reset but all my setting and radio stations are still memorized? I'm hoping for a total reset just incase something has been changed In a menu setting.
2. For some reason my factory Bluetooth is not working properly.They can hear me taking on the phone. voice dailing controll is workig i just cant hear them???It was working for one day but now it's stopped? The blue lights on the 3 buttons are illuminated.I hope these issues aren't linked
3. My rear speakers don't work when I'm playing a DVD.

I hope a simple reset fixes these problems but I can't see that happening

Apart from these issues it's been a pretty good little unit. A pity a proper manual cant be done considering the volume of units there are out there now.
Last edited by dunney on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dunney

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Could it be a card reading issue? Have you tried another card? Reformat the card with your PC maybe?

I don't have one of these but those seem the obvious places to start. Is there somewhere in the setup where you tell the system where to look for maps? Does that point to the right place?

The problem you're going to have is that a lot of the people with these units are also going to be out and about with xmas holidays etc so you might not get too much of a response in here either.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Chill on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:31 am

Hi Dunney

I have had the same problem with the unit not finding the sd card and navigation software. There is a setting in the digoption unit somewhere but I'm not in front of my unit atm. Will try and get it for you. Mine ended up been that the card was faulty and Matt sent me one up with software loaded and worked(Not very computer literate) :oops: . If your local in Brisbane, you are more than welcome to try my sd card in your unit :D
Chill

Postby irwazza on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:32 am

Seems like you haven't directed the navigation to execute the correct exe file off the SD card
irwazza

Postby dunney on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:53 am

Ok so it's become apparent that the navigation sd card reader is faulty on this unit. I still can't get the rear speakers to work or hear the people on the factory Bluetooth which is becoming annoying.
dunney

Postby irwazza on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:06 am

How did you find out the SD card reader is faulty?
irwazza

Postby Chill on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi Dunney, could be the plugs on the unit that isn't making good connection, :?:

Did you reload software on new sd card for it to work?
Chill

Postby dunney on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Yep got the best sd card I could buy, reloaded it and still no love. As for connections im sure they are good but I will check it but it will have to wait as the unit is being removed and replaced by dig options.
dunney

Postby mjrstar on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:30 am

I got mine back up and running by sliding the Sd card 90% home into the slot and card reader picjed it up. I let it load yand then pushed the card fully home. Has been fine for the past 3 weeks..

Also bluetooth with the phone. I can hear the person fine but they cant hear me. I have checked the external mic connection but not sure if there is a setting i need to change or something.
Last edited by mjrstar on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current steeds:
09 GLXR double cab.
96 Lancer evolution 4.
71 Austin mini.
mjrstar

Postby mjrstar on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:30 am

Double post. :|
Current steeds:
09 GLXR double cab.
96 Lancer evolution 4.
71 Austin mini.
mjrstar

Postby gauci204 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:23 pm

mjrstar wrote:I got mine back up and running by sliding the Sd card 90% home into the slot and card reader picjed it up. I let it load yand then pushed the card fully home. Has been fine for the past 3 weeks..

Also bluetooth with the phone. I can hear the person fine but they cant hear me. I have checked the external mic connection but not sure if there is a setting i need to change or something.

there are settings that you can adjust. have a look at my post above about adjusting the setting of the radio. the bluetooth setting is in there as well.

cheers

chris
gauci204

Postby dan.batto on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 pm

gauci204 wrote:
mjrstar wrote:I got mine back up and running by sliding the Sd card 90% home into the slot and card reader picjed it up. I let it load yand then pushed the card fully home. Has been fine for the past 3 weeks..

there are settings that you can adjust. have a look at my post above about adjusting the setting of the radio. the bluetooth setting is in there as well.

cheers

chris

Didn't work for me, what are you asking for the aerial? May consider it!
dan.batto

Postby Tryton08 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:13 am

In need of a little help. I'm installing one of these double din units and after removing the old unit which is a single din in the middle of the dash I noticed that it has 2 plugs going in to it.

Can someone please tell me what the small white plug is for, it only has 4 wires going in to it and do I need it.

Click to view larger picture
Tryton08

Postby crazyau on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:32 am

I think the second plug has steering wheel inputs, blue tooth and links to the trip computer
crazyau

Postby Scale on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 am

RockoWallaby wrote:
1. Hood and brackets.
You will need to get some parts, to install the radio into. The GLX and GLR already have these bits (Lucky buggers).
The computer hood will NOT fit...so, don't waste your time cutting

Cheers
Scotty

I have 2012 GLX and my radio surround will not fit the new dig unit it is close did anyone have to mod this part or have the new dig units changed?
Thanx
Rick
Scale

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:16 am

Maybe the hoods have changed if there are different head units being supplied?

I think Rocko put some part numbers up there somewhere, yours should have the part number embossed on the underside - if they're different numbers that might identify the problem.

Pretty sure there are hoods/fascias on ebay now from memory.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical