Show us your Switches

Re: Show us your Switches

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:16 am

Switches from various Mitsubishi models will fit. Pajero, Lancer, Challenger and 380. Here's an example:

Click to view larger picture
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Stapler401 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:05 pm

Toggle switch just to switch uhf/cig light between aux power and battery power Click to view larger picture
Stapler401

Postby Naff on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Can I ask why you would do that? Just curiosity as I can't think why myself.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:31 pm

So that you can listen to what's going on when you're out in the bush, but don't have to at other times. Good idea, I thought.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Stapler401 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:36 pm

For my weekend job (security in the yards cars are stored in once they come off the boat) we use the UHF when parked and lighter to power fridge/phone charger. Being able to UHF on and hear it + charge stuff while within vicinity of the vehicle but not have keys in ignition is some what re-assuring as I am often 1 up in my yard with 2000 cars and if I have to leave my car in a hurry it would be to chase somebody trying to pinch cars.
Stapler401

Postby Naff on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Maybe I've got latent baby brain... But couldn't you do that if it was just on/off wired straight to battery and not worry about auxiliary at all?
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:42 pm

If you didn't want to risk it not turning off at night you could rely on the ignition switching it off - assuming you remembered to switch it back over. I guess if it was going to run a battery flat, which would take ages anyway, at least it wouldn't be your primary battery that got taken out.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Stapler401 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:20 pm

It works for me and my needs. Not saying anybody needs to copy. I dont get putting an airlocker in a 30k "4wd" **ducks**
Stapler401

Postby Naff on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Yeah not having a go.. Purely wondering if there was logic behind it. You never know, it might benefit someone else. It's in my nature to be inquisitive.

CD... The only time a UHF will run a battery down will be if its on it's last legs anyway... Or if it was left on for weeks without starting. But as you said, you still need to remember to switch it over.

Mine is wired to the battery, but still need to turn the radio on at the unit. I swapped it from auxiliary as it would turn off if I stalled when wheeling and I'd forget to turn it on again.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Stapler401 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:18 pm

I didn't take it as having a go, just run out of explanation
My uhf has a power switch, but if you have cut power off, it powers on as soon as power is restored. (Different to your model) My biggest issue I had was getting home and forgetting it was still on (when hardwired) as the channel was quiet. Then 3 in the morning the neighbours were woken up by two people debating the merits of a 3 piece feed over a kebab or something else tgat bored drivers talk about. So during the week I dont need to turn it on/off manually but on weekend I can leave it on with car not about to be driven off.. thats the end of my logic.
Stapler401

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:29 pm

I did say ages...

Cowboy Dave

Postby MPGGLX-R on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi guys

There are some great set-ups there that's for sure. I'm just about to start on mine so I've a few theories and questions to my method of madness

Ok this is my plan so I'd appreciate any feedback (my model is an MN)

* I'm going to relocate the hazard switch to beside the blank switch on the right side of the dash near the mirror switch OR on the opposite side of the dash just underneath the wiper stick
* I will mount the two-way radio speaker mic clip over the hole from the hazard light switch, my two-way has everything on the handpiece.
* Going to relocate the rear power window switch which is in a stupid place to a more friendly place just to the left of the handbrake when it's down there is a square space in the console
* Where the little like ashtray pocket is in front of the transmission, I'm thinking to mount a 5-7 gang plate for the Carling type rocker switches, but I will mount it on an slight forward angle to the lid of this pocket, cover the ends properly and spray the entire gang plate the same silver as the dash around that part
* If need be, relocate the SRS AIRBAG circle warning light on the left of the dash near the air/con controls to down lower near the power socket where the rear window switch currently is. That will allow me to put another clip for a two-way radio should I need to run two.

Would anyone happen to know if I disconnect this above mentioned warning light will that set the airbag light off on the dash requiring a trip to Mitsubishi?

I've got my Boggard Turbo timer currently on the black part of the dash, just behind the indicator stick.

I had Custom Rockers make me some custom LED switches for my work truck and these work really well. From memory they were $20 each

2012 MN GLX-R Triton
2012 RG LTZ Colorado
2012 TF LSU D-Max
MPGGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby fridgie on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Don't take it as gospel, but I believe if you disconnect the battery for a bit first you should be ok with the air bag system...

As for the rest, got me buggered as can't remember the mn set up :lol: :lol:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Tritonwreckers on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Airbag system will be your problem, it has the yellow wiring hooking to the srs and would be hard to extend, and the wires/ plug length is pretty short
Tritonwreckers
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:26 pm

As Fridgie said disconnect the battery first. I unplugged the underseat air bag plug on the passenger side several times and had no dramas so the dash indicator should be the same. I assume if it's just a light there might only be 2 or 3 wires running to it but it does seem like a lot of work to get a place to put a mic clip.

Cowboy Dave

Postby MPGGLX-R on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:As Fridgie said disconnect the battery first. I unplugged the underseat air bag plug on the passenger side several times and had no dramas so the dash indicator should be the same. I assume if it's just a light there might only be 2 or 3 wires running to it but it does seem like a lot of work to get a place to put a mic clip.

Hi CD and Tritonwreckers :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Airbag light to the left of the dash near the aircon dials is related to the key operated switch in the glove box isn't it? So realistically if I disconnected it altogether OR relocated it to the glove box it shouldn't be a problem should it?

CD, you would be amazed at the amount of idiots you find in natural disasters who think that it's fine to walk across live power lines, swim in flooded drain systems or attempted to cross swollen fast flowing rivers, hence the reason I run a second speaker mic for a PA system so I need it handy to grab hold of to scream to the odd idiot :roll:
2012 MN GLX-R Triton
2012 RG LTZ Colorado
2012 TF LSU D-Max
MPGGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Relocate should be okay. Total disconnect I would speculate might be a problem. I wasn't saying you didn't need a second mike, just that it might be easier to screw the clip into a vacant bit of dash instead.

Cowboy Dave

Postby MPGGLX-R on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Relocate should be okay. Total disconnect I would speculate might be a problem. I wasn't saying you didn't need a second mike, just that it might be easier to screw the clip into a vacant bit of dash instead.

Hi mate, all good :) I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to doing things. Just a shame the dash is kind of like a bubble and it does make mounting things a little more difficult. I like to have my gear in easy reach and accessible as there is nothing worse than trying to grab something in the dark and fumbling around for it. I just wish it was this easy to make the drivers seat go back another 6 inches for leg room as I'm tired of getting out and smacking my knees in the dash :lol:
2012 MN GLX-R Triton
2012 RG LTZ Colorado
2012 TF LSU D-Max
MPGGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby GadgetMN on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:36 am

fish88 wrote:Click to view larger picture

Some of my switches mounted in the console.

Fish88... Where'd you purchase that console from?
GadgetMN

Postby fish88 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:00 am

GadgetMN wrote:
fish88 wrote:Click to view larger picture

Some of my switches mounted in the console.

Fish88... Where'd you purchase that console from?

Got it from arb. Wear the switches are is usually wear a 2 way fits and when you buy the console you can get different inserts so when you fit a radio it looks neat. I got one to suit an icom 400 pro then cut it to fit around the switches then glued it to the console. Had to do that as the switches are a little bit to small to just clip in.
fish88

Postby Crash486 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:07 am

Very sexy, I like!
Crash486

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:12 am

If it's from ARB it probably came from these people; http://www.4wdinteriors.com/roof_console.html

http://www.4wdinteriors.com/mitsubishi/triton_parts_prices.htm

Your other option would be these people:

http://www.consoles.com.au/Mitsubishi_TritonML_low.htm

The latter can custom make stuff as well.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:26 pm

I spent some time yesterday swapping my switches over. Installed these in the little section at the front of the centre console - you can close the lid and hide the switches away and then open it up when the action begins. When activated the little icon things up the top light up more than what appears in the crap iphone photo which shows them in their off position.

New switches (Small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cowboy Dave

Postby GadgetMN on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Cheers Fish!
GadgetMN

Postby Padres Triton on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Opposite Lock Darwin did this great job for me, a bank of 7 switches (2 driving lights, reversing light, 2 aux camp lights, compressor & winch isolator), plus winch controls and one spare. Custom black plastic mounting plate template cut off the original panel section. Looks great.Click to view larger picture
Padres Triton
In life and on the Tracks apply the Joshua 1:9 principle (Go Hard).
Padres Triton

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical