how to get the elec throttle to shut as if it was cable!!

how to get the elec throttle to shut as if it was cable!!

Postby PAN1C on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:02 pm

hi everyone..
first i would like to say this is by far the best triton site on the internet..:)
and now to the topic...my older brother and father both have a triton (06 and 07)..my dads onyl uses the car as a work car but my brother has got diffrent plans in his head :twisted: lol...so far his done a 600x260 hks intercooler kit with piping..cold air intake setup..afm moved right before the throttle body..custom stereo system..boost.water and oil autometer gauges mounted on the center panel..currently running 17 pounds spiking at 18 (NO BOOST CONTROLLER,THE ECU AUTO ADJUSTED ONCE HE PUT THE COLD AIR INTAKE ON (14psi) AND THEN THE INTERCOOLER (17psi) stock turbo is still running like a dream after 1 year of "thrasing the S%@t out of it" lol..he has the money saved up but not much time to work it..his main problem is the electronic throttle closing to slow..if anyone would know how to get it to close cable like..(COMPLETY SHUT) when letting of the throttle..it would be greatly appreciated :D ...
best regards - elvin :)
PAN1C

Re: how to get the elec throttle to shut as if it was cable!!

Postby Jitsukablue on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:25 am

Would you believe I used to work in this line of work? The ETC throttle body will most likely be running of a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signal from the ECU. If you want to shut it, you could try just sending 0 V down the control line. Disconnect it from the ECU first though.

Wiki PWM and it should show you how it works.

Please do me a favour, can you tell me what the throttle is supposed to do/achieve in this vehical. Do they increase the pumping losses (and my fuel bill) by throttling to control emisions? Or is it to increases engine braking?

On a separete note, whoever set up the ECU map for cold running should be shot, is it just me who notices this? IE, from gently acceleration, slowly lift the accel. pedal and there's a point where it just dumps the power off, digital style. Might mention that when it next goes in.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Buzzy on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:42 am

How good is this site, there is nothing you cant find out.

Jitsukablue I feel your pain..... it's crap!
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Jitsukablue on Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:56 pm

I think between us all, we've got it covered....
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Return to Electrical