Abs,traction control and stability control lights coming on

Re: Abs,traction control and stability control lights coming

Postby SEJ GLX-R on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:29 am

The only other thing I can think of (but hope Mits checked) is the fuses and relays.

Good luck with it ;)
See my build thread ... HERE
See my shed ............. HERE
SEJ GLX-R

Postby colin hills on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:49 am

SEJ GLX-R wrote:The only other thing I can think of (but hope Mits checked) is the fuses and relays.

Good luck with it ;)
Now doing so, will soldier on
colin hills

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:23 am

Keep an open mind though as those lights can come on from faults other than ABS and traction control at times. Odd that the dealer couldn't work it out though.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby colin hills on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Keep an open mind though as those lights can come on from faults other than ABS and traction control at times. Odd that the dealer couldn't work it out though.
CB, dealer said he did not want to spend the time on it as he would lose money. Pretty pour excuse, tradesmen wont learn anything if all challenges are taken away from them,not my job to critisize but that how I become proficient at my trade
colin hills

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Yeah I guess since it doesn't sound like a warranty job and he knows you're not going to be happy with a big bill. But he should still have been able to stick the MUT3 on it for you and tell you exactly which code was causing it so you could narrow it down. When you said he'd had it for a few days I assumed they'd gone right over it, which would have made it an odd thing to have not at least read the fault code. I guess once you get the Autel you'll be able to read it yourself. There are quite a few threads with various fault codes listed so if you do pick one up it may help you find the answer you're after. Whereabouts are you located? You may find you're near someone who already has a reader that would be prepared to have a squiz for you.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Calblitzen on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:03 pm

colin hills wrote:
Cowboy Dave wrote:Keep an open mind though as those lights can come on from faults other than ABS and traction control at times. Odd that the dealer couldn't work it out though.
CB, dealer said he did not want to spend the time on it as he would lose money. Pretty pour excuse, tradesmen wont learn anything if all challenges are taken away from them,not my job to critisize but that how I become proficient at my trade

If it's under warranty then they should be fixing it. Otherwise if your paying then it's up to you how much time they spend on it.
No matter what life throws at you, SMILE.

Better to be looking at it, than looking for it.
Calblitzen

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Yeah but if you read his earlier post he has been in there swapping bits of his steering setup so it's unlikely to be a warranty job if it was caused by the work he did.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Calblitzen on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:21 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:Yeah but if you read his earlier post he has been in there swapping bits of his steering setup so it's unlikely to be a warranty job if it was caused by the work he did.

Was unsure who was doing the work. But yeah if he was doing it then on his own maybe.
No matter what life throws at you, SMILE.

Better to be looking at it, than looking for it.
Calblitzen

Postby colin hills on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Calblitzen wrote:
Cowboy Dave wrote:Yeah but if you read his earlier post he has been in there swapping bits of his steering setup so it's unlikely to be a warranty job if it was caused by the work he did.

Was unsure who was doing the work. But yeah if he was doing it then on his own maybe.
Have delivered car to auto electrician recommended by mitzi dealer.Had it a couple of days now and have not heard back yet,I need this fixed, to get it through Regency [registration inspection in Adelaide]. Further to the story I purchaced one triton GLX R roll over[soft] written off and needed to do something with seeing mechanically it ran perfectly ,so purchaced another triton same model same year repairable wreck from Alice Springs different colour,swapped motor and geabox to Alice car and painted same ,as have said before only had a problem when I fitted universal at bottom of steering.Traction lights on dash!!!!!!!!!!!!! on
ROLLOVER CAR 2010 BUILT 7/10
ALICE CAR 2010BUILT 9/10
HOPE STORY HAS INTEREST TO YOU OUT THERE.
colin hills

Postby spoiltone on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:01 pm

i have had the lights come on with a overboost code. when i fitted a 3" exhaust on a auto. .turn car off engine was fine reset with the same reader you are getting and all good. only happens when auto kicks down going up hill
spoiltone

Postby colin hills on Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:37 pm

spoiltone wrote:i have had the lights come on with a overboost code. when i fitted a 3" exhaust on a auto. .turn car off engine was fine reset with the same reader you are getting and all good. only happens when auto kicks down going up hill
Thanks thats interesting
colin hills

Postby hvac guy on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:36 pm

i thought you couldnt reset the overboost code, dealer only ?
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby spoiltone on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:06 pm

hvac guy wrote:i thought you couldnt reset the overboost code, dealer only ?

when i started the car after shutting it down the engine light would go away and the srs and traction control light stayed on. i cleared the code with the tool i had. 60 bucks off ebay.
spoiltone

Postby Doc on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:18 am

Been looking for a while for some insights to our latest problem - ECU, ASC off and traction control lights all on but the engine is running rough too (low power - almost as if one cylinder not firing). Had the 90,000 klm service done last week - drove it up to the Sunshine Coast hinterland the following week. Drove fine up the range but, after stopping for lunch, the ecu light came on and car started to run rough. A few seconds later the ASC off and traction control lights came on. Pulled over and checked manual - says it should be fine to drive but to get Mitsubishi dealer to check. Can't get it in until Friday though.

Anyone had something like this before?
Some say the glass is half full...
Some say the glass is half empty..
I say “Are you gonna drink that?
Doc

Postby Hillz on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:01 pm

I recently brought a new 2014 GLX & both the traction control & stability stopped working & lights have been on for about 1 month with less than 3000kms on it

Fair to say my dealer has been giving me the run around ever since, & im getting tired of it
Hillz

Postby Doc on Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Doc wrote:Been looking for a while for some insights to our latest problem - ECU, ASC off and traction control lights all on but the engine is running rough too (low power - almost as if one cylinder not firing). Had the 90,000 klm service done last week - drove it up to the Sunshine Coast hinterland the following week. Drove fine up the range but, after stopping for lunch, the ecu light came on and car started to run rough. A few seconds later the ASC off and traction control lights came on. Pulled over and checked manual - says it should be fine to drive but to get Mitsubishi dealer to check. Can't get it in until Friday though.

Anyone had something like this before?

Since sorted - it was a dodgy injector which caused the ECU to fault. As a consequence of the engine not running properly it apparently interferred with the ability for the ASC and traction control to operate correctly so they too shut down. Half day with the mechanic and all is right with the world.
Some say the glass is half full...
Some say the glass is half empty..
I say “Are you gonna drink that?
Doc

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:58 pm

It's pretty common for those lights to come on for ecu faults. Definitely not one where you'd automatically assume the lights meant the ASC etc was the source of the fault despite what logic would suggest the lights should mean.

Cowboy Dave

Postby furious on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:10 pm

Hillz wrote:I recently brought a new 2014 GLX & both the traction control & stability stopped working & lights have been on for about 1 month with less than 3000kms on it

Fair to say my dealer has been giving me the run around ever since, & im getting tired of it

MMA and let them know your situation, also do you have another dealer in your area? try them.
furious
Platinum Subscriber

Postby not2oldru on Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:37 am

I had these lights come on with my MN two days from new.The dealer said bring it back and we will fix it.I deduced that a factory new car should have no problems so the dealer had probably screwed something.Symptoms were the dash lights but also the blinkers sounded fast.Going out one night I realised I had no rear lights or blinkers at all.Crawled under the car and found large connector under passenger side on chassis behind back wheel was not fully clicked in.This fixed the problem .When they installed towbar they had not seated the connector properly.Hope this helps someone. :D
not2oldru

Postby jazaboy1 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Just away up the coast doing some 4wding and did a little river crossing and through a couple of mud ruts. Having a ball of a time but now all my dash lights have come on. Any ideas in relation to finding a solution. Your help would be muchly appreciated . 2013 glz manual
BUILDING UP FROM STOCK, ONE MOD AT A TIME.
jazaboy1

Postby OffRoadDave on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Mud in the alternator would be my first guess jazaboy.
OffRoadDave

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:59 pm

When you say all of your dash lights you may need to narrow it down a bit for us I'm afraid. I mean if they were literally all on you'd think the whole thing was toast.

Do you have an OBD2 code reader at all or does anyone with you have one you could borrow?

The potential causes of this combination of lights range from trivial (voltage marginally out of range on the canbus) to more serious - from say ABS wiring pulled loose, to some sort of engine issue.

Cowboy Dave

Postby not2oldru on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Pull all the wiring connectors apart and check for moisture.Start at the back and work forward if you find moisture in a plug dry it out or try wd40.
not2oldru

Postby tmichel on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:00 pm

Just came back from a weekend off road in the mud , cleaned up the old girl and then the next day when driving the ABS and traction lights came on and wouldn't go off , booked into Mitsubishi tomorrow to have a look at but driving home in the rain this afternoon and lights have gone off and stayed off?
tmichel

Postby har05l on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:26 pm

^^^Sounds like the extra water spray underneath has helped ;)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical