lambda sensors on th v6

lambda sensors on th v6

Postby slimv6 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:49 pm

hey guys,

I'm not sure where to put this but as it relates to lambda's maybe it's ok?

a while ago, I almost got caught with no unleaded in botswana... (typic) so to try and mitigate this good situation, I'm toying with the idea of removing the cats for 2 reasons...
1. to take the LRP :)
2. to herd up some more horses. :twisted:

Has anyone been down this road of removing the cats and what was done for the lambda setups? IIRC, they try to maintain a finite voltage or resistance output between the up and downstream sensors....

any pearls??

s.
I'm not as thunk as you drink I am. ;)
slimv6

Re: lambda sensors on th v6

Postby slimv6 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:33 am

OK, so after a bit of web research and asking about here in SA, the following has been told...

1. The sensors operate on temperature and such, with an optimal range of voltage as a governing factor on the MPI.
2. The CAT can be removed, but the downstream sensors need to be removed from the direct air flow.

Some solutions are to install spacers between the downstream sensors and the downpipes and others use mini-cats.

Mini cats obvoiusly are an added cost and spacers a lot cheaper. What exactly the effect is, I have no idea. Suppose only the dyno will tell...

standby for more feedback. Friday's the day...
:twisted:
slimv6

Postby slimv6 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:08 pm

dyno results...

At 1800 MASL and 93octane...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... =671705483

dyno report!
slimv6

Postby slimv6 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Yeah baby.

Did a 100km round trip on tuesday, had about 500kg on the back, albeit an aerodynamic load, beastie went 100%, no funnies and all. Consumption was a bit better, was averaging about 7.8-8.2 km/litre at about 135.

I only used to get this when it was unloaded and aunder 120. So, for the free horses, they're there. Might be slight on paper, but it seems to be making the edge. Alos, fortunately had the opportunity of having a traffic light drag with a single-cab Frod 3.0, could be same as Mazda BT50 3.0. that TD was gassing, but could not catch the DC v6 4x4. I reckon I have an extra coupple of kilograms on him.

Nyah Nyah..

:lol:
slimv6

Postby Storm Trooper on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:29 am

hey Slimv6

is that dyno report correct? what country are you in? your dyno report states 106kW in test 3 as being max! is this right? what is the factory V6 power out put in your country ? in Aus its 135kW from factory! :shock: this would obviously need to be dyno and proven but surely not that far of if it was.
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:20 pm

The 135kW ex factory is measured at the flywheel whereas dyno readings are taken (obviously) at the wheels. The difference is the driveline loss. It seems reasonable to me but the fuel consumption figures are pretty good at that speed. Much better than I can get.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Storm Trooper on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:19 pm

you sure NFT5th, i remember reading that the MRT guys just dyno'd there new diesel and got 101kW thats pretty close to the 108kW stated by Mitsi from factory.

will need to check his post thou

edit:

Re: ECU upgrade by MRT
by CCM on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 am

Hey guys!

Have been busy as per my last post - My GLXR DiD Auto in the MRT hub dyno rolls up 101KW and 329NM with the factory map.
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Return to Electrical