Camera cable advice

Camera cable advice

Postby redloum on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi, just bought an MQ single cab 4x2 diesel auto to accommodate my slide on van, as it is a semi permanent arrangement not being my daily ride, I need to fit a rear vision camera using the rear vision mirror as that is not now usable, if anyone has done this I would appreciate any advice as to where to access the cab with the cable, thanks
redloum

Re: Camera cable advice

Postby BBP on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:34 pm

I would run cabling up to the engine bay on the drivers side and feed it through the grommet to the left of the brake booster. Easy to get at from inside as well. Put all cable in conduit and tie on top of chassis rail.

Rob
BBP

Postby redloum on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am

Thanks Rob, that has confirmed my thoughts, I just wasn't sure if there was any access in the floor or rear of the cab, I neglected to say it is a tray back but assume that doesn't make any difference, appreciate your help, thanks again . Red
redloum

Postby redloum on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:34 pm

For anyone interested in this thread, I have located a convenient factory hole with grommet low down behind the passenger seat, so have gone in there with my cable, don't know how I missed it ;)
redloum

Postby explorer.dave on Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:29 pm

you might want to think of a different video outlet other than the rear vision mirror display, great idea and would be very useful but i'm pretty sure those displays are only meant to be used in short bursts, not a dedicated full time display.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby redloum on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:47 am

Yes Dave I reckon there are much better systems available out there, however for the cost this set up is working fine, didn't know of any accessories access that's available at the back of a cab/chas so tapped into the tail lights and run during day light with parkers on for full time rear vision, and having the slide on van on permanently the 7" view, works fine so far.
redloum

Return to Electrical