Dead battery...

Dead battery...

Postby Quinny on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:38 pm

I had my day all lined up for work - jumped in the ute... turned the key - nothing :o

Anyway - called roadside assist, they were here in 15 minutes (yes minutes...) The RACQ bloke got me going (err... the ute that is...) and I went up to the local stealer and explained my problem...When I got to the Mistubishi dealer, turned off & on the engine - started perfectly :roll: ... anyway I still wanted it checked out ... and sure enough - a faulty battery... Replaced under warranty, no dramas. They were even pretty nice about the whole thing... go figure...

Anyway - my question: The girl said - lucky it happened just inside warranty (owned the thing for about 11 months) - I was too busy to ask at the time... and havn't checked my documentation - what is the warranty period on a Triton these days ??? or is it only 12 months on the battery ?

More questions:

Does anyone know how the Bulldogs did on the weekend ?

Does anyone know anything about blue tongue lizzards (no - not the beer) ... the slippery little suckers... I found a dead one in my back yard today... wondering why :shock: ...

Did you see Mitchel Johnson get his 100.... :D

What is the meaning of life ? Does god drive a GLX-R ?

Any assistance greatly appreciated...

Q
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Dead battery...

Postby Quinny on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 pm

What ? was it the "does god drive a triton ;) reference...???" that no-one responded

or was it me asking how the Bulldogs went on the weekend ?

Q

:shock:
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Blue on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:51 pm

12 months on the battery... I hear God does indeed drive a GLX-R, he traded his softlux for it and has never been happier... :D
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby rick on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:59 pm

but did you know if you buy a new battery from the stealer "it" has a 2 yr warranty :|
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby Quinny on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 pm

Well - God probably knows whats best... Hi to all you non beliving patrol / cruiser folks... our mate rick is ... "shakin that ass"... go rick...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Bulldogs ?
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:48 pm

If I post a message here again thats 3 jumping boobies in a row...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:51 pm

No Serious... Can someone tell me if Canterbury won ?
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Eelesy on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:25 am

Im not sure, but i bet there was riots and brawls regardless of the outcome.

boom boom tish
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Homer on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:32 am

Yes the Broncos - I mean Bulldogs won.... thieving player stealing bunch of b@stards.

18-16 Hazem El Masri kicked the winning goal with 10 secs or so left - but the Broncos pack carried them.

Played at Penrith so too far for Aladdin's carpets to fly out the trouble makers. ;)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Greedy on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:22 am

Homer wrote:Played at Penrith so too far for Aladdin's carpets to fly out the trouble makers. ;)

Love this line. Keep up the good work Homer! :lol: :lol:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby trouble on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:44 am

Tritonasaurus wrote:Im not sure, but i bet there was riots and brawls regardless of the outcome.

boom boom tish

Can confirm there was a number of brawls I was at the game *ucking bulldog fans are hopeless.
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby Quinny on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:08 pm

Yes - the flying carpet brigade does put a dampener on the great club... I hate that part of the game - that seems "normal" these days...

"When I was a boy" ... Ted Glossop, Steve Mortimer, George Peponis, Warren Ryan... Hughs, Halligan & Bullfrog is probably turning in his grave...

Poaching players ??? Take a look at the Eastern Suburbs girls team ... There's half of Canterbury's side... I hate Willie & don't get me started on Sunny B... :roll:

I would go to a game when I was younger and wear my old blue & white dogs jumper and ... yes ... you will cop crap if you loose ... but that's it... No broken bones... just a bit of fun...

I've got Foxtel now - I don't go to the games anymore !

Have fun boys...

Q
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MR T on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 pm

steve mortimer ....he gave me a footy at a grand final when i was a kid :D
it was a long time ago so cant remember the year
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby daryn on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:51 pm

Dont know why your blue tongue is dead, but they are good to have around, supposedly they don't like snakes, brown ones in particular.

Sorry, but I have been off footy since the super league and they all become rich spoilt little boys who cant control there drink and keep their we little willy in their pants, I am glad my son plays real the real football (soccer) at the moment.

Oh, hope bulldogs lose their two points, the knights suck, and if i was to give a go to anyone, go souths.

Whose Mitchell johnson ?
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Quinny on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:05 pm

Yep - Canterbury was one of the first to defect to the super league. I left them at that time and followed the Sydney Swans... (AFL) - to look at the game and try to understand it - messed with my head - but I liked it... That must have been around the late 90's...

I saw Tony Locket - (Ex Staints) kick 100 odd points one day... I saw Sydney beat Geelong by 150 points at the SCG - 45,000 crowd ! One of my favorite matches...

I saw a replay of the '88 grand final between CB and Balmain on TV recently... they would scroll some writing at the bottom of the screen - Paul Sironen - Council Worker... They had real jobs once ! - Yep I agree with you Dayrn... Something is missing in professional sport these days -
- To see in the morning paper that your favorite footy star is caught on someones mobile phone screwing someone on a toilet floor some where...

I hope your young bloke likes the round ball game ... Although that sport has it's problems... Oh my god ! I just hurt my finger typing this message... Can I have a penalty please Ref ??? But that is soccer - (world cup qualifier agains Italy ??? - I wont forget that...)

I can't believe the dogs had too many players on the field... Dickheads...

Mitchell Johnson is the (relatively) new fast bowler in the Aust. Test team... Genuine quick (around the 140 - 150 kays)- but no direction most of the time... I remember him bowling one or two to 3rd slip ... ( Brett Lee is out at the moment with a foot injury). He made 90 something in the last test against South Africa - ran out of parners - and then 100 + something last game... All rounder ? - Mark Waugh look out ! Just kidding...

I like Souths too... and Newtown Jets... and North Sydney... and Canterbury...

While I'm here... Stop trying to fill huge stadiums like Telstra & ANZ etc... I would much reather go to Belmore or Jubilee or Lang Park... 1300 people at a huge staduim looks stupid on TV...

I think my Blue tongue may have got messed up with a toad... Smilar to Sonny Bill Williams...

Enough said

Have a good night...

Q
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:18 am

Yep I was a Bulldogs supporter (for probably only 5-6 yrs) before the Broncos started up - back when they were the entertainers and had Robbo, Mortimers, Terry Lamb etc.
It is unbelievable how the culture of a club - or probably more accurately its supporters can change so much from the 'family' club to what it is today. Must make you long time supporters shake your head.

Totally agree on the Roosters thing. I think their recruitment method for the past 10 years is to wait until another club spots and bloods them and then step in with their first big offer after 2 first grade games.

My perspective on Super League and some of the issues mentioned here.

It is different to a lot of others so feel free to bring out the flame throwers. :D

I am a passionate RL supporter ever since I started in the under 6's, and the big Super League wars were terrible dark days of uncertainty. However it had been obvious to anyone outside of Sydney that Arthurson & Quayle had to go. Coming from north of the border it was a totally NSWRL comp and badly biased that way (still is a little - night grand final/NSW public holiday, stadium guarantees done behind closed doors etc as examples), and would never expand under the white shoe brigade that was in charge with their Sydney only attitude. They only started making expansion and inter state compromise noises after the threat of SL came up, although to hear them tell it now there were 'grand plans afoot'. :lol:
Add to that, they were the first to start throwing the million dollar Marque player deals around to try to survive - Brad Fittler, The Chief etc not SL.

Meanwhile the Victorians were having a clue and starting a truly national sport - despite the same Vic parochialism within their ranks and the culling that was necessary to get it working properly.

SL wars certainly weren't ideal but I think ultimately necessary to drag the sport into the future, and keep up with the main rival code - the business plan was good, much better than previous admins, the only problem was the old admin had to let go of long held established protocols and inter club alliances, and that wasn't going to happen without blood letting.

We would still be running around with a predominantly (broke) Sydney comp if it didn't happen and it wouldn't be in the top echelon of Aus sports. We are pretty much running as per super league now and so are the Poms and the game is the best it has ever been. Too bad they compromised with the ARL and got rid of WA and SA as it would be interesting to see what the game would look like now.

I also don't like the player behavior nowadays as a lot of them are spoilt little turds.
But in saying that they are no different to any other high contact sports people who have been molly coddled from an early age.
It is a catch 22 when we find the fastest, strongest, most fearless youths in our society and pitch them into physical battle every week, with huge consequences on the outcome both monetary and emotional. We then also expect them to be well balanced individuals - if they were they would be here on newtriton and not training how to cripple a 115kg front rower on Friday night, so we breed this mongrel into them - just doesn't make for good citizens, and us the public wont allow them to get rid of the mongrels because our teams then lose.

AFL is no different with collisions and they have just as many social problems - we shouldn't even mention West coast Eagles - WTF is wrong with them!
They've still got the same coach and admin that oversaw, hid and accepted the massive drug culture in their ranks. I've got a mate lives there and he is a long time supporter - but he hates himself a little for it - must be like being a Manly supporter :lol:

I also played soccer for a few years (4th grade lol) and like the sport, absolute great fun to play but boring to watch (IMHO) but if you think the admin and fabric of the game has a problem in other codes, man go to a general meeting of your local club - take an interpreter and bullet proof vest.
The player behavior difference is the physical collisions are missing therefore they don't need to breed mongrels - but they fall down screaming and get carried off on a stretcher and then get off it on the sideline and run back on???? I hate to think what would have happened when I got home if my dad saw me do that!

Phew rant over, frustrations taken out. My dog is safe for another day.
Public apology to anyone this marathon post offended - except Manly supporters :D
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Return to Electrical