4WD Light in Dash - Not Working

4WD Light in Dash - Not Working

Postby Storm Trooper on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 am

Guys my 4WD light in the dash no longer is displayed in any mode - 2WD, 4WD H - 4WD L

tried looking for the fuse.. no luck, anyone know if their is a fuse or what could be wrong...

everything works fine... i mean 4WD high and low and 2WD but no light in the dash, and this includes when you first put the keys in on reds.
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Re: 4WD Light in Dash - Not Working

Postby al coholic on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:11 pm

I think from memory that the 4wd system is vacuum actuated, and i know some of the guys on here have had problems with the light staying on??? so could be something similar with the light staying off??? Sorry cant be more help :?
Have you taken a bit hit on the bash plate at all last time you were out.........err......ummm rock crawling??? :twisted: :D

All the other lights on the dash working ok???
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby snowman on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Storm Trooper wrote:........... no light in the dash, and this includes when you first put the keys in on reds.

i am pretty surethe whole dash lighting up at the beginning is just that a full dash array to check all light operation. if it is not shining then it sounds like a globe mate. that means you can't fix it with duct tape or cable ties.

not sure how you would pull that out to replace.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby har05l on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:23 pm

al coholic wrote:Have you taken a big hit on the bash plate at all last time you were out.........err......ummm rock crawling??? :twisted: :D

Yes storm, were you somewhere you shouldn't have been :?: :D
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ag9111 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Large step maybe Stormy. Naughty Boy.
The 4wd systems is activated by two electric solenoids. These activate the vacuum solenoids that disengage 4wd when you are in 2wd. Put the car in 2wd and slowly roll fwd between 2 and 5 km's. Turn of the ignition, as you are rolling, to the lock position. You should feel the clunk from the front end as the electric solenoids drop out. That will indicate the solenoids and vacuum system is working. Looked at the front bash plate? Didn't take a whack there did you? Will look up the manual later to see how the 4wd switches work as i'm pretty sure that they work off selectors in the gearbox.
Auto or Manual?

Auto, looked in you shed
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Storm Trooper on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:00 pm

al coholic wrote:Have you taken a bit hit on the bash plate at all last time you were out.........err......ummm rock crawling??? :twisted: :D

All the other lights on the dash working ok???

ummm..rock crawling ...... don't know what your talking about!!!! :twisted: all other lights on the dash work properly

har05l wrote:Yes storm, were you somewhere you shouldn't have been :?: :D

:D No... i am fully aware at all time of my presences and whereabouts... :twisted:

ag9111 wrote:Large step maybe Stormy. Naughty Boy.

Large, Naughty..... was this because i asked you to sleep in my swag.... again...

Seriously now... all is fine 4WD engages and binds up when turning on bitumen as expected in both High and Low... just no dash light. Its got me puzzled... i am more inclined to think its either dash globe out or fuse...
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby ultimate on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:30 pm

I know the 4WD light doesn't come on in Sam's Surf. We determined it to be a damaged cable (Completely cut and hanging next to the diff) but haven't had time to fix it yet :roll:

Like with your vehicle; his 4WD is fully functional, just no light.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby steve1961 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:33 pm

when mine was new i had a dodgey light too .... sometimes it would come on by its self and other times it wouldn't come on at all ... but seemed to fix itself ... i think mine was a dicky switch that came good
steve1961

Postby Storm Trooper on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:00 pm

snowman wrote:not sure how you would pull that out to replace.

ultimate wrote:I know the 4WD light doesn't come on in Sam's Surf. We determined it to be a damaged cable (Completely cut and hanging next to the diff) but haven't had time to fix it yet :roll:

Like with your vehicle; his 4WD is fully functional, just no light.

steve1961 wrote:when mine was new i had a dodgey light too .... sometimes it would come on by its self and other times it wouldn't come on at all ... but seemed to fix itself ... i think mine was a dicky switch that came good

I think i will get under the truck tomorrow and look for a cable/switch etc that might be cut/dodgy etc before i look at seeing if the bulb is burnt and needs replacing.
Storm Trooper

ML Triton GLXR 3.2 , 4x4 Light Issue??

Postby MrGLXR83 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi Guys an Girls ... I’m new here ... the names Carl I’ve got the ml triton glxr 3.2 07 my issue is I’ve got no 4x4 lights coming up on the dash at all , but it engages 4x4 Lo and Hi perfectly I just can’t seem to work this issue out ?? Has anyone had this issue and solved it .. any help would be appreciated... Thankyou All
MrGLXR83

Postby tmichel on Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:03 am

If its engaging and everything is working I would lean towards a blown bulb.
tmichel

Return to Electrical