vibration in 1st gear...update (from may1)

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

vibration in 1st gear...update (from may1)

Postby sharmac on Wed May 06, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi guys,
I got a call from mitsy today advising me a fix for a now known problem has been released for this model. Apparently the prop shaft/tail shaft has too be fully replaced, however there are no parts in Australia as it needs to come from Thailand. They are unsure how long it will be until its here......................not a very impressive start to a new car, let alone my first mitsubishi.....atleast the cause of the vibration is known and will be fixed but fair dinkum....no parts in australia.....REALLY - C'MON Mitsubishi.....if you want to import these things, brings the parts in too.
sharmac

Re: vibration in 1st gear...update (from may1)

Postby rick on Wed May 06, 2009 10:58 pm

:twisted: i can feel another warranty isue in my veins 8-)
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby Homer on Thu May 07, 2009 6:09 am

The prop shaft and tail shaft wow.

Does that mean the transfer case is out of alignment?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby cyberhonky on Thu May 07, 2009 6:50 am

begs the question- why do you pay for dealer delivery, when part of that cost is pre sale inspection etc, when they clearly do phuck all other than a wash. surely even the shortest of drives 'should' have picked this up.
Grammar: Lesson 1- Capitalisation.

Capitalisation (n), is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
cyberhonky
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sharmac on Thu May 07, 2009 8:56 am

Hi guys, spoke too a different dealer this morning too see if toowong mitsy was speaking the truth and it looks like they were. he had the same fax that had been sent out on friday the 1st from HO mitsy. He is lead too believe that only the angle of the shaft needs too be altered and yes there are no parts in aus for this fix. And there wont be alot of them , apparently as a customer complains the dealer has to send a report to head office who will then organise the parts to go that dealer for that particular customer.......crazy....will now keep you posted on how long it took too get the parts and if this "fix" actually solves the problem.
Other than that, im only 3/4 of the way through my first tank and ive done 650km so far. not bad me thinks. Just got the windows tinted this morning in ELITE BLACK from express tinting at browns plains ($360), looks good and the ARB canopy goes on tomorrow. I will post some pics tomorrow some time showing its transformation from a poverty glx to a half nice looking truck.
sharmac

Return to Drive Train Components