Clutch issue

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Clutch issue

Postby Peruano on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:51 am

I've read a few threads in the past where people have had this problem with the clutch and just looking to see if anyone was able to resolve the issue?

It usually happens after a bit of rain and going through one or two small puddles. The clutch feels soggy or like your pushing your foot down on a hydraulic pump. It's only for the last 1-2 inches at the bottom. (close to the floor)
The first time it happened to me was on a couple of river crossings in the high country. (maybe 1 foot deep)
Since then when we get decent rain (hardly ever in Vic) I'll notice it going through a puddle on the road. it clears up after a few days but it's starting to frustrate me. Went out to Cobaw with some mates and it felt the same going home. We went through a few small puddles and now it feels sh!t.
I've had the clutch fluid replaced recently hoping that would solve the issue. Anyone else have any ideas? Don't know where the water would be coming in from to cause a problem like this. Not keen on doing a river crossing if this is how it acts with puddles.... :(
Pete
"when I was young my parents moved around a lot...... but I always managed to find them"
Peruano

Re: Clutch issue

Postby Jitsukablue on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:22 pm

I noticed it after the powerlines trip, felt like a bump half way down when you depressed the clutch... cleared up of it's own accord.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Re: Clutch issue

Postby Eelesy on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Hey Jitsukablue i noiticed it after the same trip, but went away in a day or so.
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Return to Drive Train Components