slow super shift

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

slow super shift

Postby southerndreamer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:59 pm

My 2015 auto MQ took about 10 seconds to stop flashing when I changed in to 4 H or back to 2 WD prior to a recent service. After the service it takes about 24 seconds both ways. My service dept suggests they may have put a heavier grade oil in the tranny so causing the slow change over. Has anyone on the forum experienced similar.
southerndreamer

Re: slow super shift

Postby WUNSIE on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:08 pm

If they put a heavier oil in, its either they did or they didn't, they ( The service dept ) should know its only a matter of going out on the floor and asking the clown who changed the oil in the Transfer Case and what weight did he use :roll:
and if its wrong correct it immediately.
WUNSIE

Postby southerndreamer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Of course you're right, however the service manager suggests it would have been accidental as the tranny oil drums stand side by side. Now I don't know if this is the case but I have to take his word. He has offered to drain and refill for me but he is a 4 hour round trip so I'm going to wait until I have a an excuse to go. Anyway I would be interested to hear from any other owners who have experienced this.
southerndreamer

Postby WUNSIE on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:21 pm

As the Transfer case only takes 1.3 litres of 75w-80 might be more cost effective to pick up a 2 litres bottle of good oil Say Penrite Trans Gear semi syn and drop and fill your self,
WUNSIE

Return to Drive Train Components