Factory Hybrid LSD

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Factory Hybrid LSD

Postby Jitsukablue on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 am

Imagine hitting a washout at 70! It's be like the batman film where the truck flips!
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Factory Hybrid LSD

Postby ArrowsWA on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 am

Cry:(
Live life now, Tomorrow might not get here
ArrowsWA

Factory Hybrid LSD

Postby YogiOz on Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:26 pm

Had a burl on 7 Mile Beach up near Forster - wotta hoot! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Re: Factory Hybrid LSD

Postby ratstriton on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:39 am

ArrowsWA wrote:I know just Joshin ya

( Diff loc's sore point for me as the Stealer didn't advise it was an option when I bought vehicle, never 4give im 4 that ommission)

About to order a vr and the dealer has told me only one triton in country avaliable with one(GLX-R white), and wont be able to get me one with a diff loc for 3 month's :shock: :shock:
He said to me not many people wanted it ,I think it's bacause they dont tell anybody about it. :roll: :roll:
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Naff on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:01 am

This whine that is mentioned earlier - I may have it :( Not sure it's the diff though.

You know how you get a bit of a whine in 1st and 2nd? Well I figured was normal - but recently mine has just started whining in all gears - real loud too. It happened on the way back from Cervantes - the only thing I can see at the moment is that is really doing it between 2000 and 2500 rpm. Seems ok below that but I need to do more investigating.

I've booked it in to be looked at next week but should I be concerned that it's gonna fail at any random point in time before then?

If it's not the diff - it's the gearbox I guess. It's definitely speed or rev related.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jitsukablue on Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:37 am

It's hard for me to tell with mine, as it could be the tyres making the noise. Diff whine is quite similar to tyre noise, but with a bit more metalic sound...
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby slimv6 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:03 pm

haha,

you gents should remove your mrs before doing a real test!!! :lol:

I got no issues with mine, it used to have a bit of a whine from new, but after 1st oil replacement on drivetrain at 25000, it was MUCH better, after the 50000 replacement it was almost gone. next one is at 75000 it should be al quiet. (barring mrs in the suicide seat :mrgreen: )

the bfg's are also almost out, so when i try the bridgestones I'll have a nice quiet ride to listen to...

how often do you guys replace drivetrain oil? I'm at every25k.

s
I'm not as thunk as you drink I am. ;)
slimv6

Postby Naff on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:54 am

Dunno if mine has been replaced.. unless it's part of the 15K service it hasn't been done. The noise only seems to happen in the most used rev range ... 2000-2400 rpm and only seems to do it once it's hot. Still not sure if it's the diff or something in the gearbox. When I said loud, I meant really loud. Definitely not tyre noise.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Drive Train Components