LPG on a Diesel - Warranty

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

LPG on a Diesel - Warranty

Postby pbrow1 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:07 pm

Just rang the Mitsubishi 1300 13 12 11 number & asked how LPG affects OEM warranty on new Diesel Triton's. The nice Girl said that it is not approved and should a problem happen (resulting from LPG &/or it's installation) then you can expect it not to be covered under warranty. She also said that it should be in the "Service and Warranty Manual" that owners have. :(

She could not provide anything in writing confirmation. She also mentioned that the new V6 diesel is expected to be available for the Pajero in the 4th quarter this year... :D
pbrow1

Re: LPG on a Diesel - Warranty

Postby Oztoolman on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:52 pm

I have had the DieselGas conversion on my ML since 500km, it now has 46000km and I've never had any dramas. Since the LPG helps the diesel burn cleaner therefore keeping your oil cleaner for longer you are only improving your engine and shouldn't have any failures caused by the LPG installation.
Gazza ;-)
Oztoolman

Postby Install on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Oztoolman; Which or who's system exactly did you have installed? What was the rough cost all up for the installation? Do you think you get the approx 20% increases and savings they claim?
If you're in control, you ain't going fast enuff!
Install

Postby Oztoolman on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:16 am

Install, I have the DieselGas Australia system fitted. It cost me $4500 2 years ago but I got $2000 rebate form the government. I tow a trailer all week that weighs around 2 tonne, with all my tools in the back of the ute that makes GVM of car & trailer 3920kg. I have been keeping accurate fuel consumption figures since the LPG went on and I average 11.42 l/100 of diesel & 3.74 l/100 of LPG. Looking at some of the figures other guys on here are getting yes I think I'm getting the savings and as for power etc. You hardly know the trailer is attached, even on steep hills.
To sum up I would recommend it to anyone looking for more power / economy.
Gazza ;-)
Oztoolman

Postby High Country on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:43 am

Pbrow - look at it from Mitsi's perspective - they design, market & promote the common rail diesel Triton, to run on, ummm - diesel. Naturally, if a owner then chooses to fit LPG to it, they'll laugh at that owner if theres any issues with the motor within the warrenty period. No differant really, than mistakingly dropping ULP in the diesel fuel tank, & then trying to make a warrenty claim.............

Like most modifications - done @ owner's risk & responsibility.

In my case, Mitsi approved ALL the mods that were going to happen to my own Triton before I purchased it, & stated that the mods & what it was going to be used for would'nt affect the warrenty...............(which is excellent...!!)
Tip # 1 - Avoid stress & grief & low resale values with vehicles - do it once - do it right, buy a HILUX!!
High Country

Postby Oztoolman on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:49 am

Just found out that the Dieselgas system now comes with a 3 year engine warranty, so should anything go wrong you don't need to involve the dealer
Gazza ;-)
Oztoolman

Return to Drive Train Components