4D56 replacement engine in Perth?

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

4D56 replacement engine in Perth?

Postby Unifex4 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:46 am

Long story short... I'm wondering if a replacement engine for my 2010 PB XLS XChallenger Auto ~170k km's is going to be cheaper than repairs, which are now looking like they will cost more than the vehicle is worth.

Fuel contamination followed by initial repair fault which then resulted in fuel contaminating the oil and visa versa (14L oil drained from sump) resulted in an subsequent repair quote of over $11k.

All 4 injectors failed testing, Compression tested OK, heavy fuel system contamination.
Initial repair recommendation:- Replace Injectors. Replace/rebuild injector pump. Replace fuel rail, fuel pipes, etc. Drain & Clean fuel tank. New Glow plugs.

I gave the go ahead to commence repairs many weeks later only to find engine was seized, 'possible big ends' and probably many extra 1000's of $$$ to repair.

So i'm looking for recommendation on who to contact in Perth for sourcing and fitting a recon 4D56 engine and a ball park price?

Or best place to sell as a wreck, everything apart from the motor and fuel system else is in good condition.
Unifex4

Return to Drive Train Components