oil pressure sensor Fault

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

oil pressure sensor Fault

Postby mnbrodie on Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:14 pm

Hey so last week I had my oil light come on I checked my oil level and it was fine. The car ran as
Normal. So I put I down to faulty oil pressure sensor. As soon as the car starts it’s on. The car got serviced the other day and I forgot to let the mechanics know I’ll book it in as soon as I can to get it fixed. My question is will it be safe to drive. I only have one long drive on Saturday about a hour away from home

Thanks Brodie
mnbrodie

Re: oil pressure sensor Fault

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:40 pm

Just because there's oil in the sump and it 'seems' to run ok, doesn't mean that it is getting enough oil moved around the engine to lubricate all those moving parts. An oil light could be a faulty sensor or an electrical connection not made or it could be telling you that there's an oil pressure problem.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:02 am

Lube is everything for any machine. I'd be putting a thorough check at the top of the list. You don't want to hear the screaming metal of seizing bearings three quarters of the way into your one hour trip.

This is where having a pressure gauge as well as the regular sensor would be good.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mnbrodie on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:55 pm

Thanks guys it didn’t come on today to work (only 5mins away) on the way home no light went and picked my son up from school the light came back on. I might have to give Saturday’s hour drive away a miss this weekend until it’s sorted next Wednesday
mnbrodie

Return to Drive Train Components