TDC & boost controller

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

TDC & boost controller

Postby Stu on Fri May 22, 2009 1:09 pm

G'day guys, Just wondering if anyone is running the tdc with a boost controller and what boost you are running?
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Re: TDC & boost controller

Postby brenze87 on Fri May 22, 2009 6:24 pm

i've had mine running on 18psi and the tdc set on B with no problems. but do not want to turn the boost up anymore because i have not had it on the dyno and do not want to be running it lean and do any internal damage.
brenze87

Postby hicko on Fri May 22, 2009 8:29 pm

tritonstu wrote:G'day guys, Just wondering if anyone is running the tdc with a boost controller and what boost you are running?

I’ve been running 22 psi with a boost cut off modular which tricks the ECU into thinking that it is only running 14.5 psi with no problems after 8000kms to date. The dyno shows good air fuel ratio at that psi with Monstertriton set up. I’m not sure how the AFR would be at 22psi with the other performance chips as no one has had or posted dyno figures with other set ups yet.
Remember we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors
We borrow it from our children

My best day at work is still not as good as my worse day fishing
“Aren’t you wishing you were fishing “
hicko

Postby Stu on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Well that's it, TDC is going in landfill. No matter what setting it's on with or without the boost controller it cuts at 3000rpm in 3rd 4th & 5th gear. BTW this is my second unit, the first was replaced because it was doing a similar thing but also just stopping dead at times. I know most of you guys are running the TDC without issue but I'm over it.

One thing I noticed while hooking up the boost controller was a small amount of gunk/carbon/black greasy crap in the line between the turbo & the wastegate. Just curious as to wether this is the same issue/related to other carbon buildup threads?
Stu

Postby Blue on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Can you contact TDC again Stu...??? I think it'd be fair to say the unit isn't right given that it overfuelled my engine from setting 7 and above while giving little or no power improvement below 7...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Stu on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:16 pm

yeah mate but warranty is long gone and even though last time they came to the party it was only after I got a little angry that they came to the party so they are off the list and I personally won't have a good word to say about them from here on in. MRT remap is in my sights now but I have a feeling that I'm gunna have to sell my left teste to pay for it
Stu

Postby Blue on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:17 pm

As long as it's only your left one... :lol:
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Drive Train Components