loss of power ontakeoff

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

loss of power ontakeoff

Postby troyski on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:35 am

Have my09 vr that had great pulling power for first 5000 or so km, then noticed having to ride the clutch to take off and a distinct shudder as if not much power getting to the driveline. Went in for service and techs performed a relearn on computer, the difference was immediate and better than new but only lasted about 500k`s before a noticeable loss of power but this time with no shudder. Techs are saying that all the systems are fine and test drive is not revealing any problems but can feel I am not getting the best out of the engine.I carry approx 250kg of work gear in back everyday since new and doesn`t seem to affect performance if I load her up a bit more. Any suggestions out there before I see tech again. Thanks
troyski

Re: loss of power ontakeoff

Postby snowman on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:23 am

petrol or diesel?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Re: loss of power ontakeoff

Postby troyski on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 am

Sorry forgot to mention its 3.2l t/diesel vr dual cab, have had 3 petrol tritons prior to this one with never a drama, just got sick of pouring fuel through them.
troyski

Return to Drive Train Components