NEWBIE Quetion.

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

NEWBIE Quetion.

Postby mitchcool1 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi All,

Have just brought a Triton GLXR. Its a 2007 model with 50,000 Kms. After driving it home from the dealer i noticed the aircon wasnt up to scratch so i call the dealer back and he had a fridgey come to my house and look at it. It need a new evap coil which the dealer is organising my Trition to be collected from my house and they will lend me a car.

My first question is, should the none Mitsubishi dealer pay to get this repaired or will he take it to a Mitsubishi garage for warranty repair?

Also after looking further into the engine bay i notice the radiator Fan blade is all over the shop and does not run true. Even the shaft look un balanced? He said he wil get this looked at also...If the belts arnt aligned right could this be the reason for this?

Really hope i havent brought a Dudd, am getting pretty stressed over it..no so much the aircon, but this belt and fan blade ussue...Any help would be greatfull, cheers Mitch.
mitchcool1

Re: NEWBIE Quetion.

Postby sierra on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:34 pm

I would suggest that you have a really close look at the front end, looking from the engine bay out to see if it's been repaired after a front end hit. That could explain both problems?
:(
sierra

Postby mitchcool1 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:36 pm

Sounds a good idea, any was of finding out if its been in any crashes?
mitchcool1

Postby sierra on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:47 pm

Yes, grab a good torch and look at the front end very closely for any signs of repairs and damage that hasn't been repaired.
Especially the paint for masking and overspray. Also the extremities of impact in the inner panel work where they think it doesn't matter. If you find any signs you could get it inspected to make sure it's been repaired correctly. Hopefully the consumer law in your state will look after your interests?
Is the fan blade new, if not does it have any marks on the front/ends of the blades where it's touched?

You could also ask a Mitsubishi dealer to check the registration in case they have a record of an accident on the computer.
That would be in their interests in case of future accident related warranty claims.
:?
sierra

Postby mitchcool1 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:03 am

Thanks, will do the above let you know the out come....Cheers.
mitchcool1

Postby mitchcool1 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:41 pm

It now trurns out that it has a had a front right bump and some body work done on it....I am Mad, what shall i do? They came and collected the car today and left me with spare to use. They are replacing the A/C evaporator and checking out the fan and belt alignment issue. just not sure if i am happy knowing its been in a crash? or should it be ok if every thing works fine after this..Have just spent $29,000 on this. Well my company has, the loan is on my back but they give me $600.00 per month to pay it off....Should be happy with the Trition but have mixed feeling now...Not suree what to do?
mitchcool1

Postby sierra on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:26 pm

The dealer is the expert and could be assumed to have already known the vehicle was involved in an accident since they would have assessed it before buying it themselves and might well have got it cheaper on that basis?
Did they mislead you as to its history when you bought it? Especially, did you ask if it was accident free?

I would get it independently inspected by someone like the RAC who have experienced insurance assessors who know where to look because they've seen several ML's before with front end damage.

Ask the dealer for the name of the insurance company and repairer in case they can furnish a copy of the damage, cost and repairs carried out?

If they've bent the rules and you push hard enough they just might reverse out of the deal?

Have you climbed up to have a good look at the roof to make sure it's not rippled or repaired? Check the shut of the doors and look for signs where they might have overlapped on impact etc etc etc

If you get it checked thoroughly and it's all fixed correctly with new parts that's the main thing.
sierra

Postby mitchcool1 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:37 pm

That sounds kool, will do. You think i should pay for the RAC to look at it or make them pay?
P.S my bloody fault, i didnt ask about if it has been in a an accident...am well pissed off with my self...

Hey dude, wherew in WA are you. Im in Tuart hill nr Osbourne Park.
mitchcool1

Postby sierra on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:32 pm

I'm in Carine, small world.
The RAC are at Balcatta, just up the road. Give them a ring and ask what they charge, they might have some good advise too? I would pay because they are acting on your behalf and if they find bad news just add it to the claim against the dealer.
You may as well tell us the dealer, someone might throw some light on it that way, especially if it was their car and they just traded it?
Depending on the outcome I would then contact the Dept of Consumer Protection for advise and support.
Here's their site if you haven't already found it, so you can read up on your rights in this state.

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/ConsumerP ... /index.htm

:| ;) :)
sierra

Postby mitchcool1 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Cheers for the info.. Will be calling them tomorow to check on the process of the new a/c coil.. Have also organised a independent inspection, then will take it from there...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :x
mitchcool1

Postby mitchcool1 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Have had my Trition back and had Auto inspections give it the once over, all is good. The only thing is, is it has no spot lights which i am sure the GLX-R should have. How much are they to by or should the dealer put them on for me or is it to late now?
mitchcool1

Postby daryn on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:32 pm

Mitch, I would think as seeing as though you bought it used, that unfortunately the Driving lights are a no issue.

I do have some for sale, sorry for the plug...:)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby mitchcool1 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:22 pm

cheers m8, how much you asking for them?
mitchcool1

Return to Drive Train Components