POLLEN FILTER

POLLEN FILTER

Postby Storm Trooper on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi guys

i just spoke to my local mitsi Parts department regarding getting a pollen filter, i was informed that if it was installed they should be available... but on his system they don't have a part number!

does anyone have an original or aftermarket pollen filter installed on their Triton?
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Re: POLLEN FILTER

Postby Storm Trooper on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:39 pm

anyone ...... ? :(
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby grasshopper on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:38 pm

Not as far as i know on my 2008 model ML Single Cab Chassis.
But i could be in for a shock when i take it in for the 30K service in a couple of months.
grasshopper

Postby Adz on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:09 am

Sorry to sound ignorant but where would it be, if I had one? Is it just another fancy name for an air filter?
Last edited by Adz on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby snowman on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:36 am

it is part of the heating and vent system (for occupants). not sure where it is (it will be in under the dash somewhere near the fan). i am pretty sure all models from VR and up have them. not sure about GLX though.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Storm Trooper on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:20 pm

snowman wrote:it is part of the heating and vent system (for occupants). not sure where it is (it will be in under the dash somewhere near the fan). i am pretty sure all models from VR and up have them. not sure about GLX though.

yeah the pollen filter is basically a (air) filter for your aircondition system, which is under the dash, most new cars have an option to fit them if not already fitted.

i thought the GLX was a model above the VR ? or do i have it the other way round, i thought the model line up is (starting from base model) VR, GLX, GLX-R and GLS.
Storm Trooper

Postby greeny03 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but I think it goes, GLX, VR, GLX-R and GLS Storm Trooper. :?
VR Triton
greeny03

Postby Greedy on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:23 pm

greeny03 wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but I think it goes, GLX, VR, GLX-R and GLS Storm Trooper. :?

By jove! Greeny has it.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Storm Trooper on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:56 am

i'll take your word for it greeny, do you know that they sand for (GLX, VR etc)?

that sorts out the model line up, but what about the pollen filter :?:
Storm Trooper

Postby trickydevil on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:04 pm

I thought the pollen filter was the white stuff on the underside of the stock air filter. :?:
trickydevil

Postby Adz on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:13 pm

No, thats cotton wool...you can use it for removing nail polish!! :lol:
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby bainy on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Any answer to the Pollen Filter location / part number?

I have called multiple Mitsubishi dealers and no one can help.

After driving offroad on beach etc, i turn on my aircon and sand spits out the vents... My old 03 Triton never did this so I hope there is a fix for my 07 Triton GLX-R.

Cheers
bainy

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:12 pm

I had a look under the dash and a feel around the fan unit and don't think you're gonna be in luck.

Only other place there could be one is under the plastic grill below the windscreen, but this doesn't look like its supposed to come off any time.

If the beach is the main problem, maybe shaping some foam bits to clip over the intake grills may solve your problem - easy to fit and remove, clean, etc.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Notso on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:20 pm

There was a post a long time back that said the filter from a lancer would do the trick. Apparently there is a cut out panel that needs to be removed.
Notso

Return to Tips & Tricks