Hard Top Canopy

Hard Top Canopy

Postby Dozza on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Has anyone got problems with there hard top lifting up when driving when not locked, it's a royal pain in the arse having to turn the engine off to unlock and grab somthing out. Maybe I should fit a boot release setup.
Dozza

Re: Hard Top Canopy

Postby Blue on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:01 pm

Anything over80-90kph and it lifts up like a big spoiler and a tailwind while stationary will lift it also...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daryn on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:06 pm

hey Dozza,

Do you mean the hard top cover/lid as apposed to larger canopy.

If so, yes as soon as I hit a certain speed depending on wind etc it can come up above 80km/hr, if I hit a bump at speed this can flick it up. I now actually like locking most of the time to minimise any rubbing which could come about excess movement and rubbers going out of whack.

As far as the keys go I went and bought one of those key rings which has the button and splits with a ring at either end, I forget what they are called, under $3 at supercheap I think, Ignition key on one end and boot lid key on the other, saves having to turn off or have a heap of keys and scratching lid as well.

Welcome to the Board Dozza.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Dozza on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:28 pm

thanx Daryn, I ended up removing the key altogether but it ended back on the keyring with fear of losing it, I'll give your idea a go but hope it's not too bulky. Cheers
Dozza

Postby Naff on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Can also do a search for lidlok around the forum... $400 odd to get it fitted but it seems pretty handy - one day!
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dozza on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:07 pm

Thanx but no thanx Nathan, I don't think it's a $400+ dollar problem (unfitted it seems), I think I'll just sprinkle some concrete on my weeties and harden the f*#@k up. By the way, imagine if it shit itself, you would have to destroy the hard lid to get in, ouch.
Cheers
Dozza

Postby Narloo on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:07 pm

No Dozza you've got it wrong there, the lidlok uses the standard latches which stay in the closed position. If the lidlok mechanism dies you can just unlock with the key as you do now. As to wether it's worth $400 - I payed it and think it's well worth the $. I think those pissy locks will die well before this product decides to shuffle. And fitting it yourself is a doddle.
Narloo

Postby Dozza on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:09 pm

Thats clever narloo, why didn't I think of that....I'll think of the next big thing u know, some day, when is the big Q?
Dozza

Return to Tips & Tricks