Spare Key & Battery Replacement

Re: Spare Key & Battery Replacement

Postby OffRoadDave on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:29 am

Joeh wrote:There is also this:

How to program Mitsubishi transponder chip keys 2002-up Mitsu vehicles SNIP....

This sounds feasible to me, the VZ Commodore is almost exactly the same process. I'm only speculating but there is possibly some sort of law that requires 3rd party sellers the ability to program in transponder keys, a bit like the requirement for OBDii ports to be accessible by mechanics other than the maker of the vehicle.
OffRoadDave

Postby Ausgamer on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:36 pm

I got quoted 280 by the dealers l bought my car from
It didnt come with a remote. Only a programmed non genuine key. Not happy
Ausgamer

Postby spencekiwi on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:51 am

wowser, so stupidly i didnt chk with the dealer (non-mitsi) when we bought the triton that there was a spare. There isnt :cry:

Tried in vain to get them to contact the previous owner , so checked with the local mitsi guys ....$455 cut and programmed :o

old thread , has anyone had any more recent options worth pursuing ? looks like some of those US sites can delivery one for $18 US then i would need to cut it and get the dealer to program so potentially alot cheaper if its the right key
spencekiwi

Postby Crash486 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:26 pm

I have heard Mits dealers often just outsource the cut and program to locksmiths. I believe you can get a key cut and programmed so it starts the car, without the lock unlock buttons much cheaper if all you need is a spare. That way if you do lose one you can get another one cut and programmed
Crash486

Previous

Return to Tips & Tricks