Upsizing

Need something to get you rolling?

Upsizing

Postby Howie763 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Hoping i can get some advice from all the genius's out there. I am thinking of upsizing my tyres on my MN manual from 245/65/17's to 246 or 265/70/17's. Is there a down side to this with performance? Turbo lag? Economy? Looking forward to your advice and input. Cheers Phil
Howie763

Upsizing

Postby tukadafoonday on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Try searching. There is a whole thread on tyres which is very useful.
tukadafoonday

Re: Upsizing

Postby snowman on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Howie763 wrote:Hoping i can get some advice from all the genius's out there. I am thinking of upsizing my tyres on my MN manual from 245/65/17's to 246 or 265/70/17's. Is there a down side to this with performance? Turbo lag? Economy? Looking forward to your advice and input. Cheers Phil

look under the tyre threads mate there is heaps of info on this exact issue.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Here's a good place to start:
http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8401

I'd love to tell you that this is the 100th time these questions have been asked but when we hit 3 figures I lost count. :o :shock: :(
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Howie763 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanks Cowboy. At least I have a place to start :oops:
Howie763

Postby fridgie on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Hey mate,

Those guys have got you headed in the right direction ;)

Just a small word of advice before starting a new thread, will help keep you out of the mod's bad books ;) :lol: :lol:

The 'home' page has an index, great place to start and you will see subheadings to the various topics like tyres, servicing, warranty. Can't find it in there....

Try the forum directory (link in my signature and at the top of the index pages), Tex has put together a very comprehensive list of the most common topics in an easy to navigate through way. (As CD alluded to, this topic pretty much gets asked by EVERY new member here and as each time it is a new topic, the mods have to let it run, guide them to the info and then clean up and remove/merge the thread, otherwise the information will get lost in 5000 different threads on larger tyres).

Failing the directory thread, there is the site search function. Good thing to play around with and learn how to use ;) Can be a bit tricky at first but once you get the hang of it you'll be able to find anything you want to know about your Tri. With the collective minds amongst this group, just about everything has been covered or at least something close has.

Still can't find what you're looking for, but have found a thread that sorta half has a little bit to do with what you are looking for?? Feel free to post away in that thread, it will show up in new posts and people WILL read it. (They will generally be a bit happier to help you out too as it will look like you have made an effort to find it before asking for help).

And lastly, don't forget the power of a PM. There's quite a few of us long standing members who have read just about every thread on here and know where to find a lot of the information (as you can see by the above replies ;) ) Feel free to send any of us or the mod team a PM and we will help you to the best of our ability.

(ok, maybe not quite a 'small' word :oops: )

Heaps and heaps to read on tyres, grab a beer/coffee/water/milkshake and settle in for a bit. The info is definitely there ;)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby daryn on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:25 am

Your thread has been locked

We have locked this thread because your topic has been covered and we don't need another one of them repeating the already good discussion with top information provided by our 7,000 plus members.

With over 8,900 topics and over 222,000 posts, guess what, we have already discussed your problem/query/concern etc.

If we were generous our members or moderating team may have provided you with a link below to lead you where you wanted to go to, if not please have a go at using the SEARCH feature.

We have a fantastic forum bible as a first place to visit:
Forum Directory HERE

To have a go at using search follow this tutorial:
New Search Tutorial HERE

If you are fresh new to forums, please watch this video:
Posting and you... new members please watch this short vid!

We highly encourage digging up old threads and definitely discourage creating a new thread for the heck of it.

If you are unsure the moderating team are here to help, just ask us. We would rather help you out instead of locking threads.

Lastly we are not stopping you from posting and creating new topics, but more helping you post in the correct place, so please continue to enjoy the largest Triton/L200 forum for Triton enthusiasts on this globe.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Return to Tyres & Wheels