Cooper tires... a quick discussion

Need something to get you rolling?

Re: Cooper tires... a quick discussion

Postby Tony on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am

Mine is only making around 190HP ATM as on conservative tunes and running stock rail limiter.

kinda bad when 32" tyres light up in second while towing. :roll: Also lets go in third going around corners. :shock: In superselect, the front lets go and it torque steers like crazy.

Braking is where it really falls over, also, my wife has just told me it stepped out twice last week while cornering wet black top. Slippery as a butchers proverbial. I rate them worse than BFGs and the old Pathfinders I had years ago. That pretty bad. :roll: :o
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby trouble on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:36 am

Similar to my expirence Tony only ST maxx.
Ok so the tyre are just shit on wet bitumen!
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby Duck on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 am

So we are at about 50ty 50ty at the moment some love them some hate them. Which is the power of forums I suppose. So to all of those thinking of buying ask me & I will reccomend highly ask someone else & they will say you are nuts. Flip a coin, so as the Micky T's come out of the same factory do they get similar feedback ? :?
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby useless offroader on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:47 pm

Blue, slow down when it's wet....

Towing a tandem tradies trailer fully loaded most days, 40psi and had no worries what so ever.
useless offroader

Postby trouble on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:12 pm

^^^^ clearly you don't have enough power^^^^^
Just jokes dude!!
But it is interesting your comments.
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby useless offroader on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:33 pm

Haha. All good. If I give it the right boot, of coarse I get them spinning, but I've had to get on the brakes pretty heavy, towing load, and they pull up pretty quick. And to me safety is paramount. I suppose it depends and people's driving styles and preferences. Maybe I'm talking myself into it coz they are what I have. Haha
useless offroader

Postby markwhybrow on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:09 pm

I have cooper st on my triton and have done 80,000 km on them with no problems there is still about 20 to 30,000 kms left on them. They are great in the wet or dry conditions i have already purchased a second set
markwhybrow

Postby FredSmith on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:33 pm

odie602r wrote:
Froggy wrote:
robothefisho wrote:Don't do yourself the disservice of buying cooper tires. Had the Cooper ATR's on a pajero which were terrible on wet roads and wet dirt roads.

Now have the new st maxx's on a triton. Have been terrible from day one. Squirm around on dry pavement. Wander all over the place. Braking squirms around. Some uneven wear (scalloping) after 10 000kms. Noisey. As for wet weather handling, absolutely terrible. Anything resembling a medium pace brings on understeer with no throttle or oversteer with throttle. Braking is woeful.

Offroad, nothing special. Really have to drop the pressures down to get any real grip out of them.

Worse than any muddy I have ever had. Leave that really bad being ripped off feeling.

I think you describing a Triton not the tyres...
Mine have done 30,000 now with NO uneven wear! Yes they are noisy - there chunky so you put up with that. Wet dry whatever they are fantastic on or off road.
I haven't rotated mine at all :-o fronts are now nearly 50% rears 75% will rotate them this weekend + can't see why they won't last till 80,000 or at least very near. Not too bad for what they are if you ask me!
They aren't a muddy which it seems your trying to compare them too, just aggressive A/T. That said, they keep up with the muddys just fine!
Sorry, just couldn't leave this post alone when I know what your saying is wrong!

+1 :!: - although I wouldn't have described them as noisy

2004 tray back cruiser (4.2 turbo)
Carrying 500kg of tools.
50/60000 kms per year
2008 tray back cruiser (V8 Turbo)
carrying 200 kgs of whatever and towing 1.8 tonne trailer
70/80000 kms per year
2009 tray back cruiser (v8 Turbo)
carrying 200 kgs of whatever and towing 1.8 tonne trailer
70/80000 kms per year
All vehicles suffered as above. Tyres started blowing at 50000 km's
Tyre pressures were always 40psi front and rear when loaded. All trucks had new tyres fitted at 60000 km as they became unsafe to tow a trailer especially in the wet.
So not just a Triton problem.
FredSmith
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Tyres & Wheels