Good tyre shop in Adelaide

Need something to get you rolling?

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:00 pm

Can anyone recommend a good tyre place in Adelaide. Thinking I may have to upgrade.

Realise tyres have been talked to death but, what is the max diameter allowed on an ml, it's 15mm larger then standard, and the standard is 245/70R16 but what's the actual allowed diameter?
I feel sorry for people who don't drink...
When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Good tyre shop in Adeliade

Postby MLTRIT08 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Most run the 265/75's bob, i don't think anyone on here has been done for them yet ? Not sure about insurance but you would be hard done by if ya got stung :o
MLTRIT08

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:29 pm

Was thinking all the tires over the weekend looked pretty big (compared to the +15mm allowed). Good to know.

So, any good tire mob's around?? Will have to get prices together but the D694 looks popular. The cooper AT3 and STMaxx look decent as well. Will have to figure out if I just buy 1 new tire or make the leap to a bigger tire on all 5 corners...
When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Desert Brewer on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Gday Bob, i got my new MN imeadiatley fitted with a set 245/75/16 Micky T ATZ 5 rib - i got the tyres from OL at Mile End on South Rd, theres a massive tyre franchise just down the road which makes for a good base to haggle down the $$. I think more importantly they took the car around the corner to alltrac 4WD for a wheel alignment http://www.alltrac4wd.com.au - a proper wheel - well worth the coin - i certainly cant a get a wheel alignment like that in Alice Springs.

My 2 cents worth.

DB
Desert Brewer

Postby Desert Brewer on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:29 pm

That should be 265/75/16
Desert Brewer

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks DB, might give them a look alright! Hoping I can get a deal buying 5 new tires.

Are you happy with the 5-rib? Forced into looking and the Mickey T.'s look fairly decent. The Coopers look good too, and I know the duelers are popular as well...

How do you choose without driving them???
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Good tyre shop in Adeliade

Postby motoz on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:48 pm

I'm really happy with my ATZ 4 ribs. A little more aggressive, great wearing and handle pretty well on the road.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Greedy on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Have a look through the tyre survey thread mate. I'd post a link but haven't worked out how to copy shit on a tablet yet and can't get near the computer. :x All your research done for you. If you're after Mickey T's, give Jacobs Tyres a ring in Blackwood. They did ok by me. Agree with Dave above as well.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Good tyre shop in Adelaide

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Been reading thru the tire survey a lot. I'm not trying to take over from that really....

Motoz, ur tires looked sick over the weekend and performed... will give them a look too
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Postby slimjim on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Kerry Collins (Male) at Bridgestone's Norwood, Fantastic honest bloke i have used him on a number of occasions. Prices are competitive but for me its his honesty & service. He also fitted my Ultimate suspension, Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Bridgestone potenzas on our other car also.

He is certainly worth a call at least tell him Gary from Roxby put you on to him.

I fitted 265/70R17 MTZ's but i have got mine engineered & certificate of excemption from DTEI
slimjim

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:10 pm

Cheers Gary. I'll get a price off him so as well.

Seems that the MT's are more popular then the coopers.

We don't have either back in ireland, so is there something about coopers I should know. From reading thru the web, there seems to be some sort of unspoken bias against them??
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Postby slimjim on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:21 pm

Bob, as for me, i have never had either. Price was almost the same for both, i just went on different feedback from many different sources which in the end made it harder to choose, but the MT's won me over. I unfortunately haven't had a good go offroad with them yet, but they feel good on the bitumen & aren't overly noisy.

Good Luck
slimjim

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:24 pm

Cheers, my shopping continues...

Thanks for the feedback slimjim. Ah, i'll go look at the tires and see what i like. Figure tire people will be the most knowledgeable and I''m just looking at tires at this stage without seeing the price, so that'll play a part in it as well!! I'll be phoning around tomorro.
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Postby boycee on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Give cotton tyres a call. They are the distributors for most tyre brands and should be competitive ;) they are in athol park. 8-)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:08 am

Thanks boycee... Not too sure if I should mention ur name or not... ;)

Was taking to Kelly at Bridgestone Norwood. Seems to be a decent bloke all round. At one stage even said I could ring him for advice even if going with a different shop...

Got a decent price on the duellers there as well...
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Postby SecondEye on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:16 am

Ive been happy with Wisechoice at Lonsdale just off of O'Sullivans Beach road, only purchassed the one set for the xtrail so far.
SecondEye

Return to Tyres & Wheels