COOPER ST MAXX and road noise?

Need something to get you rolling?

COOPER ST MAXX and road noise?

Postby myself62 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:09 am

A quick question.
Thinking of upgrading to cooper ST MAXX probably 265/75/16
Wondering how much noise you get from them on the road. At the moment im running Pirelli Scorpions which are quiet on road but not really chunky enough for off road.
Also from those using them, any pro's and con's?
Bruno.
Bruno.
myself62

Re: COOPER ST MAXX and road noise?

Postby Dunga71 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:39 pm

I have a set of 17s on mine and there not too noisy,heavy cornering the hum a bit.My first set had some cracks appear around the bead nothing too serious but they swapped them all over without flogging me with question on what pressures i had been running ect.They will of course be louder on the road than the scorpions you are running,i have done a bit of everything on my tyers and they preform well especially on the sand at Fraser last year.
Believe all ya see and half what ya hear
Dunga71

Postby odie602r on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:13 pm

There is a thread here somewhere where this is discussed - maybe the what tyres are you running or similar named thread. The ST Maxx's are discussed within that.

I have them and for me I don't think they're noisy - no in cab noise that's obvious. No complaints, I think they're great.

For me I think they are a great balance between road, sand and mud. At this point 18k into them I'd buy another set.

It is one of those really subjective questions though - some other will say they're not good at all and you should get x, y, or z brand.
the truth will set you free

My build thread:
http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11704
odie602r
Platinum Subscriber

Postby myself62 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks odie and dunga.
Yeh I know everyone has an opinion. It's mainly the noise factor that I want to work out.
My bro inlaw has the Mickey Thompson baza's and they seem to be very noisy (Prado) the Maxx's aren't as aggressive so maybe they will be ok.
Bruno.
myself62

Postby trouble on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:30 pm

I got em they are fine, the noise doesn't bother the Mrs or the kids, the snorkel induction noise is way worse!
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Return to Tyres & Wheels