Ride Heights

Ride Heights

Postby daryn on Thu May 20, 2010 9:19 pm

snowman wrote:
i don't even think Daryn has read em all....... his hand and ipod have a special relationship that doesn't involve him.

If I ignore ya long enough you may go away...lol

Sent from my iPod.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Ride Heights

Postby daryn on Thu May 20, 2010 9:22 pm

acresgreg wrote:G'day Darren,

I have read some of your posts, but not all 1700 of them I am sorry to admit.

I did not think there was an issue with Lovells, I must have missed those posts.

Greg

Greg, 1520 of them have been in word association or the talking shit thread ...lol
daryn
Valued Contributor

Re: Ride Heights

Postby acresgreg on Fri May 21, 2010 7:32 am

G'day
Here are some photo's

Greg
acresgreg

Postby acresgreg on Fri May 21, 2010 7:34 am

acresgreg wrote:G'day
Here are some photo's

Greg

Lets try again

/Users/greg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Triton/IMG_0076.jpg
/Users/greg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Triton/IMG_0077.jpg
/Users/greg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Triton/IMG_0081.jpg
/Users/greg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Triton/IMG_0083.jpg
/Users/greg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Triton/IMG_0084.JPG
/Users/greg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Triton/IMG_0085.JPG
acresgreg

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri May 21, 2010 7:46 am

Greg unless you are a subscriber I think you have to put them onto a website (photobucket is free) and then post the [IMG] code from that site in your post. If you are a subscriber then you can upload individual images and then put them into your posts from there.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby acresgreg on Fri May 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Thanks Dave, I never knew that and on the thread "how to post pics on the forum" it does not mention it.

I have just paid for a subscription, so I should be able to do it soon.

Greg
acresgreg

Postby acresgreg on Fri May 21, 2010 9:16 pm

G'day,

Lets try this again with photo's.

Greg

I have paid the money, but it is still not working
acresgreg

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri May 21, 2010 10:16 pm

It takes a little while for Dave to activate it. Also you need to make sure the email address you used matches the one you registered here with. It's still easier most of the time to use photobucket the way that Subi demonstrated in his thread. If you want to PM me I'll give you my email address and I'll post them up for you if you want them up quick.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby acresgreg on Mon May 24, 2010 7:17 am

G'day,

Here are the promised photos.

Greg[img][/Users/greg/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Modified/2010/Triton/IMG_0076.jpg][img]/Users/greg/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Modified/2010/Triton/IMG_0077.jpg[img][/img][/Users/greg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Triton/IMG_0083.jpg]
acresgreg

Postby acresgreg on Mon May 24, 2010 12:26 pm

here goes another try with pictures

Greg

6 great iPhotos.rtfd.zip
Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acresgreg

Postby acresgreg on Mon May 24, 2010 12:36 pm

Lets try again.

IMG_0084_3-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acresgreg

Postby acresgreg on Mon May 24, 2010 12:40 pm

IMG_0081_3-1.jpg
IMG_0083_3-1.jpg
IMG_0082_3-1.jpg
Your F#$king eripper, I think I have worked it out with no written instructions on this site as to how to download photo's.

Greg
acresgreg

Postby acresgreg on Mon May 24, 2010 12:42 pm

IMG_0079_3-1.jpg
IMG_0078_3-1.jpg
Can post but no idea on the finer points like multiple photo's.

Greg
acresgreg

Postby acresgreg on Mon May 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Well as you can see the Triton has a nose down attitude. Also the rear springs are only 3 main leafs and 2 huge helpers.

Any comments and advice is appreaciated.

Greg
acresgreg

Postby acresgreg on Tue May 25, 2010 5:54 am

G'day all,

The Triton is booked in today to get the front spring changed from the sagging Lovells to a taller Ironman coil. The Koni shock is also going to be stiffened up a bit as well.
I hope this changes things for the better, but as Brendan said as well, I don't like mixing brands of springs. I took the chance on mixing different brands of springs to shocks, but I assumed that going top shelf would be OK and that it had been done successfully before.

Hey Brendan, did you let Lovells know of my issues??.

Greg
acresgreg

Postby acresgreg on Tue May 25, 2010 7:46 pm

G'day all,

Well I finally got the Ironman front coil fitted and the heights are:

1 week ago Today Increase
FL 529 567 38
FR 537 574 37
RL 613 620 7
RR 620 624 4

So the balance front to rear is 50mm difference, which seems to be the magic figure. I hope that the fronts don't settle too much, but I am about to put a ARB RSTB on and a Cargo Drawer drawer and floor, so it might settle the rear leafs down a bit.

The front Koni's were stiffened up as well, the back rise can't explain except I took out the ute liner and factory tool with virtually nothing in it, so all up maybe 40kg???

Well as you can see it has made a big difference with the front. My wife drove the 25km home up the New England Hwy and reports that it felt smoother but firmer. No more pitching in the front end over bumps. She said it felt even, meaning that it was the same firmness front to rear ie. balanced in the damping rate.

So hopefully all is good.

Greg
P1030454.JPG
P1030453.jpg
P1030450.JPG
acresgreg

Postby sam on Tue May 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Will be interesting to see how this set up goes as we've got koni's as well but running king springs in the front atm ;)
sam

Postby acresgreg on Tue May 25, 2010 9:26 pm

G'day Sam,

I just took it for a drive down the road and it is amazing the difference it has made.

2 km away is a 45kmh corner with a couple of mid corner bumps that normally unsettles the front and causes pitching and weaving. Well I did three runs at up to 100kmh and no pitching and very much in control. I live in a rural area so this was not 100kmh in the suburbs.

Even within the first 1.5km you could tell a big difference, before I got to the corner. It's early days but after a decent drive I will have a better idea.

Greg
acresgreg

Postby acresgreg on Mon May 31, 2010 7:15 pm

Well I have given the Triton a bit of a drive and it seems a lot more controlled and balanced now. The front springs seem a bit on the soft side, but the Koni's are controlling them better now that they have been wound up to clicks from the "baseline" setting. At least with the extra length/height of the Ironman coils making the triton not so nose down it actually takes a bit of weight off and transfers it to the rear.

I don't know if Brendan did say something to Lovells, but Climax Suspension have not heard anything, so if Brendan did say something I guess it means that the all Australian company does not care.

Greg
acresgreg

Postby daryn on Mon May 31, 2010 8:35 pm

This should all be in Climax's court Greg, its up to them to follow through for you, they recommended them to you. :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby acresgreg on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:30 pm

daryn wrote:This should all be in Climax's court Greg, its up to them to follow through for you, they recommended them to you. :)

I agree, but if Brendan did mention something I would have thought that Climax would have heard something. I don't know if Climax pushed it that hard, but knew that the only real solution was the fitting the Ironman coil.

I will probably write a letter to Lovells, but at the moment I have a letter to Kubota to write about a $2,500 warranty issue that they won't honour. That means $2,500 that I can't spend on say a in dash GPS for example or that Engine Chip.

Never work with machinery !!

Greg
acresgreg

Postby ultimate on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:33 am

Hi Greg,

I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep in touch. I have been overseas in Dubai and the internet filter was blocking newtriton.net :evil:

I'm glad the Ironman coils have raised the front a bit. It's definitely sitting a lot better now and looks good. I spoke with Lovells about the coils and they are looking in to the problem. They are a good suspension company though and generally build high quality parts. It's just a shame it didn't work out for you this time. At the end of the day the most important thing is that Climax looked after you and fixed the problem. Now your vehicle is sitting right and the safety and handling is improved because of it.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby acresgreg on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:41 pm

G'day Brendan,

It would be great if Lovells can get a fix that will work very well then they contact me and offer to pay for fitment of the new and better correct springs. Then I can tell people a good news story about an Aussie product.

5 Months down the track knowing what I know now I think I would be going with your Ultimate Suspension as everyone who has it is positive about it.

Greg
acresgreg

Postby fitz on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:50 pm

acresgreg wrote:G'day Dom,

Is the 570mm measured with an ARB steel bar, snorkel and side steps?

Are you getting close to having it resolved?.

Greg

Greg,

Sorry for the delayed response.

To answer your question yes. ARB steel bar, Warn Winch, steel winch cable, snorkel, sliders, dual battery, driving lights, partridge in a pear tree etc etc.

As to getting things resolved the wheels are turning but slowly. Lovells are developing a spring to give a 40mm more lift than their raised HD spring. It appears even that even the HD version of their raised spring just can't handle a steel bar, winch etc at the front of the Triton.

They are now looking at a 570mm from centre of wheel to under the arch to be consistent in terms of upwards and downwards travel. This also seems to be consistent with other springs.

I would certainly to be interested in the Dobinson vs Lovell scenario as I can't get a new set for at least 6 weeks!! I am leaving for central Australia in a little over 2 weeks.

I can put Dobisons on, however we haven't been able to get confirmation about the ride height combined with a set of Bilstein shocks.

Interested to know if anyone has this setup.
fitz

Postby landcruiser2 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:04 pm

mud16 love ur truck man
landcruiser2

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension