Suspension lift?

Suspension lift?

Postby B dust on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:45 am

I have just been told by my dealership that if I put a lift in my triton that it would void the driveline warranty and was interested to know if anyone else has come accross this. They told me that they had allready rejected a claim for a cv on a lifted triton allready.
B dust

Re: Suspension lift?

Postby Greedy on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:57 am

My first comment would be to find another dealer if you can. That one is obviously an arsehole. They love to use the blanket statement that mods will void warranty. I've been liasing with mine about a lift. I'm trying to work with them by getting them to install it (approx $300). I could do it myself but 160,000km seems along time in the future. So far they say it will not void any warranty unless the components themselves cause the failure. Obviously, they will not warranty the components of the lift themselves but these should be covered by the supplier anyway. In general though, most dealers will use any excuse to void the warranty. Every issue I've had has been a fight to some degree. I think it is obvious that the "famous" best after market service line is a crock of shit. It is however, your car so you do what you need to do to get it fit for your purpose.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Suspension lift?

Postby King Triton on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:01 am

If they can get away with it a dealer while blame a warranty claim on after market modifications.
It is a know fact that lifting IFS will put more strain on CV's. Some people do huge lifts and have no problems others do mild lifts and have issues but who is to say it was from the lift or a faulty part you can't prove it so the dealer will always blame the modifications.
A member on here was told that his bull bar was causing the squeak in his rear leaf springs :? :?
just shows you the lengths they will go to get out of fixing a problem.
King Triton

Return to Suspension