Snake Racing Coil Spacers

Snake Racing Coil Spacers

Postby ML-VR08 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:58 am

Correct me if im wrong!

But coil spacers seem to make the car unsettled especially when hitting whoopies in the sand, my car has a jerking type motion when going over the bumps - front coils are compressed far too much i think. and makes for a very sharp lift thus the jerking motion! Could this be right? Im looking at getting some Dibinson Coils but need the same amount of height as i have now! can someone without a bullbar supply me with the stock number and front ride heights?? I think my height is 610 or somewhere along those lines??
ML-VR08

Re: Snake Racing Coil Spacers

Postby Wallace on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:19 pm

ML 610 from centre of hub to the wheel arch seems alot of lift when only using EFS struts, standard springs and spacers. Mine with Dobis has 560mm with the bar work and the rear is at 610 again with bar work tools etc :?: :?: I couldn't imaging you getting spring bind.
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby ML-VR08 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:30 pm

I checked againts my mates coils and i can fit around 2 fingers between his and just manage to fit 1 finger in mine! Maybe its 600 i will check tonight... i know from the ground to the underside of the guard its 995mm - 1000mm and around 1050mm in the rear!
ML-VR08

Postby Wallace on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:35 pm

i know from the ground to the underside of the guard its 995mm - 1000mm

I think from these figures that you are looking at about 550mm give or take!Just had a look see at your shed and comparing heights it doesn't appear to be sitting any higher than mine..........
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby GLX-RSilver on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:13 pm

ML-VR08 wrote:Correct me if im wrong!

But coil spacers seem to make the car unsettled especially when hitting whoopies in the sand, my car has a jerking type motion when going over the bumps - front coils are compressed far too much i think. and makes for a very sharp lift thus the jerking motion! Could this be right? Im looking at getting some Dibinson Coils but need the same amount of height as i have now! can someone without a bullbar supply me with the stock number and front ride heights?? I think my height is 610 or somewhere along those lines??

Hey ML check you cv joints aren't bottoming out as i know with my superlift kit it's the similar height as you have. I also have spring spacers plus 2 inch coils and i need bump stop spacers so the cv joints don't bottom out and thats with the diff lowered 20mm.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Postby ML-VR08 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Hmmm maybe it is this then - my mate came around and he has the same setup as mine but ruinning stock coils stock shocks only the 35mm spacers and he has the same problem with the sharp jaring...must be an issue with the cv angles and bump stops!
ML-VR08

Postby Eelesy on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:52 am

The most accurate way to measure and compare is from the bottom of the rim to the underside of the guard.

Providing you have either stock, or other 16 inch rims.
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby ML-VR08 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:46 pm

Wallace - just measure mine then i have 601 front both sides, that was taken from the centre of hub...
ML-VR08

Postby ML-VR08 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:18 am

I mean 610*
ML-VR08

Return to Suspension