Unexpected High Lift in Rear MN Triton - Outback Armour

Unexpected High Lift in Rear MN Triton - Outback Armour

Postby MarkG042 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi All

Put in a 2 inch lift kit from Outback Armour (2014 MN Triton), the front is sitting at 580mm (was measuring 540mm standard) and I'm really happy with this. My issue is the rear, purchased the Trail kit (standard weight springs) as I generally carry minimal weight in the back and the kit was suppose to give a lift of +- 40mm but now measuring from the centre of the wheel to the arch I'm getting 650mm! 80mm increase as the ute was around the 570mm standard. I have spoken to Outback Armour and they have suggested to run the ute with some weight for a few weeks to bed in the springs, I loaded up some weight ( a fair bit) and it did drop the rear by about 15- 20mm but I don't see once the springs are bedded in the rear measurement changing a lot?

The rep from Outback Armour also suggested that the Triton's come out of the factory with a +-20mm difference from one chassis to the next, can anyone point me in right direction? What can I do to get the rear end even close to where it should be? Any tips, advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Last edited by MarkG042 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkG042

Re: Unexpected High Lift in Rear MN Triton - Outback Armour

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:47 pm

Have a read through the ride heights thread (here.

It will settle.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Mayhem2015 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Mine started off similarly when I upgraded. I went driving with like 500kg in the back on bumpy sand tracks and that settled the rear down a bit. I also tow a caravan every ten weeks or so. The difference was noticeable initially but not now.

I didn't take measurements when I upgraded to back it up but I think the rep is correct. They will settle down over time and you can accelerate the process if you wish.
Keeping the shiny side up since 1984. :D
Mayhem2015

Postby MarkG042 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:59 pm

Thanks for the info guys, I will carry some weight for awhile and see what happens. Hopefully they bed in a lot and get nearer to the 610 - 620mm mark.
MarkG042

Return to Suspension