ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

Re: ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

Postby coughy on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:48 pm

this is what it should look in your photo bucket click on the share IMG link on the right side then paste here.
Click to view larger picture
Last edited by coughy on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby bundybear75 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:48 pm

coughy wrote:like this m8 here it is your picky i did for you

Click to view larger picture

Thanks for that - I spent ages in the sandpit trying but all I got was a blank page.......
bundybear75

Postby coughy on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:50 pm

easy read my edited post m8
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby deputydog on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:04 pm

Just a big thank you to Brendan, replaced an Iron man set up that totally collapsed after only 80K. Can not believe the difference. I can't wait for next week end to give it a proper work out. Highly recommended
Cheers
Gentlemen
deputydog

Postby bundybear75 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:17 pm

bundybear75 wrote:Fitted my Ultimate Suspension today.

AWESOME!

40mm higher in front and a whopping 100mm higher in the rear.

This will settle down a bit but it is a huge improvement over the (very tired) 40mm OME lift it had 120,000km ago

Ride is firm without being harsh over bumps

Retensioned the bolts today after a 1000km or so.

Front bolts were tight as but got at least 3 full turns on the U bolts at the back.

Pays to check them. Its due for a service in another 1000km or so I'll get my mechanic to check them again.
bundybear75

Postby 91Geoff on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:01 pm

How has everyone gone with longevity and their Ultimates gear?

I bought mine in 2012, installed onto my ML in approx. August '12 and since then I've done just shy of 35 - 40'000km on the whole kit. Did the front and rear ends. Vast majority of that driving has been bitumen highway touring.

At this stage it looks like the diagnosis on the struts is terminal. I'll give Ultimate a ring tomorrow when they re-open before i go harping on about the product online so they have a chance to respond first, but just wanted to gauge whether anyone else has had their ute off the road after such a short period.

Unfortunately i am really time constrained at the moment and with some big kilometers to do next week, i wont have the chance to have the ute off the road for long and sort out some replacement struts from Ultimate. I'm having to settle for a quick turnaround and throw in Oztec which apparently are decent enough (?) but i have to say that I was very happy with the performance of Ultimate gear while it was in service and will be disappointed to see them off the ute.

Hopefully I can get to the bottom of the struts tomorrow with Brendan.
ML GLX diesel.
Ironman bar, Flexiglass canopy, 265 Mickey T's, Ultimate suspension, Nite Stalker spotties, reverse lights, drawers, dual batteries, fridge slide & 60L Waeco, did3.2 seat spacers and a lot of right boot in the soft stuff.
91Geoff

Postby Jrosey on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Hi mate
I have had my Ultimate kit in for nearly five years and 85000 klms. Only issue was a leaking rear shock which was rebuilt under warranty. Unless things have changed the warranty for the shocks and struts was for 80000 klms or 2 years which ever came LAST. They repaired my shocks at just under the 80 klm mark with out question. As the Triton is not my every day driver and reserved for towing both camper or caravan and has been most places ,HC ,Simpson, Gulf , Flinders and much more, I personally can't fault them. I am currently looking at a new Triton so will be checking prices etc with Ultimate. Hope you have luck sorting things out. Cheers
Jrosey
Platinum Subscriber

Postby har05l on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:37 am

91Geoff wrote:How has everyone gone with longevity and their Ultimates gear?

I bought mine in 2012, installed onto my ML in approx. August '12 and since then I've done just shy of 35 - 40'000km on the whole kit. Did the front and rear ends. Vast majority of that driving has been bitumen highway touring.

At this stage it looks like the diagnosis on the struts is terminal. I'll give Ultimate a ring tomorrow when they re-open before i go harping on about the product online so they have a chance to respond first, but just wanted to gauge whether anyone else has had their ute off the road after such a short period.

Unfortunately i am really time constrained at the moment and with some big kilometers to do next week, i wont have the chance to have the ute off the road for long and sort out some replacement struts from Ultimate. I'm having to settle for a quick turnaround and throw in Oztec which apparently are decent enough (?) but i have to say that I was very happy with the performance of Ultimate gear while it was in service and will be disappointed to see them off the ute.

What is the terminal diagnosis you refer of :? :?

I've had mine for many years and something like 120k km's plus with only one leaking drivers strut which like jrosey was sorted under warranty also.

I've done 3 outback trips, high country, flinders, a few Qld trips and god knows how many extreme off-road expeditions.

Probably not the best idea to start a little vent in the threat of an outburst if you want to be looked after :roll:

With all the kits they've sold and that would be in the thousands don't you think if they were an issue more people would raise it. Best keep your knickers on and as you said call Brendan and I'm sure he will look after you ;)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 91Geoff on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:15 am

har05l wrote:
91Geoff wrote:How has everyone gone with longevity and their Ultimates gear?

What is the terminal diagnosis you refer of :? :?

I've had mine for many years and something like 120k km's plus with only one leaking drivers strut which like jrosey was sorted under warranty also.

I've done 3 outback trips, high country, flinders, a few Qld trips and god knows how many extreme off-road expeditions.

Probably not the best idea to start a little vent in the threat of an outburst if you want to be looked after :roll:

With all the kits they've sold and that would be in the thousands don't you think if they were an issue more people would raise it. Best keep your knickers on and as you said call Brendan and I'm sure he will look after you ;)

Like i said mate, i was just seeing if anyone else had had any issues. It's nothing that can't be fixed and Brendan has offered some really good support already via returning my email, as per usual from the crew at Ultimate.

Thought i made it pretty clear i wasn't bagging them or the product and my knickers are well and truly un-knotted. Seems pretty stupid for me to not ask the question - I've been very happy with my suspension and seems my premature repairs will be just an anomaly. Which is all i was asking.
ML GLX diesel.
Ironman bar, Flexiglass canopy, 265 Mickey T's, Ultimate suspension, Nite Stalker spotties, reverse lights, drawers, dual batteries, fridge slide & 60L Waeco, did3.2 seat spacers and a lot of right boot in the soft stuff.
91Geoff

Postby biggibbo on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:46 am

mine have been in for 200,000, with 3 outback trips and a bit of 4wd'ing thrown in. Had a leaky rear shock very early on, which was fixed quick smart. Other than that, no problems with mine, however I will need to replace the bushes again soon.
biggibbo

Postby 91Geoff on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:57 am

Bloody hell 200thou is a good run.
ML GLX diesel.
91Geoff

Postby biggibbo on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:51 am

70,000 in the last 12 months - the km add up very quickly
biggibbo

Postby nashy27 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:50 am

Installed my Ultimate suspension yesterday. Very simple and straight forward process. Took just under 6 hours to do by myself without any assistance, gotta love pre-assembled struts! :D I had one minor hiccup when putting the rears on, the shackles weren't quite wide enough, but a quick email to Brendan confirmed that they'd accidently sent me 60mm shackles instead of 70mm ones. It was no big drama, mistakes happen, but Brendan was very apologetic and once again lived up to their reputation of awesome after sales service by sending a set of 70mm shackles via express post this morning.
I've manged to get it fitted and will replace the shackles when they arrive. So far my impression is that of everyone else's, the car is absolutely awesome to drive, such a difference! As an added bonus I have absolutely no shudder in any of the gears or at any speeds so I'm over the moon about that. For reference mine is a mid 2013 manual GLX+
nashy27

Postby ag9111 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:05 pm

I had my ultimates in for 150,000km with the only maintenance being lower strut bushes needing replacing twice.
Bushes are consumables, so not a problem, and was sorted by my mechanic at service time after I noticed the issue.
I have done outback qld twice, outback NSW once, HC, Simpson, Flinders three times and fraser twice plus a heap of extreme 4wding. My daily work driver so gets used all the time
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Battle_Scar on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:58 pm

I have noticed that most brands are constantly bringing out new products, what about ultimate? Is the suspension they install today the same kit they installed 2 years ago?
Battle_Scar

Postby har05l on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:14 pm

The product is proven so why muck around with it, just sayin
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:47 pm

I think you'll find there have been a few refinements here and there over time. Also it's never been one size fits all with ultimate anyway which means you don't really compare it to manufacturers that are selling 'packages' off the shelf.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby jmjLc on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:12 pm

i have my car booked in @ kedron to have an ultimate suspension done soon and have been hearing only good things about them for 4 years since i have had my triton and after landcruiser park it was a no brainer.
im getting draws and they have allowed for those too. Cant wait to see what my baby looks like lifted.
jmjLc

Postby Battle_Scar on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:17 pm

I have no doubts they are a great bit of kit, and I dare say I'll get them in just curious if they are the same now as they were 2 years ago or if there are any noticeable changes is tech improvements
Battle_Scar

Postby 91Geoff on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:18 am

Well, the warranty job rebuild has a bit of a spanner in the works.

The workshop i had the vehicle at threw out the Ultimate struts instead of keeping them as i instructed. Bit hard to rebuild something when it's at the tip by now.

Which is a shame because as I've said before, the customer service from the guys at Ultimate has always been absolutely stellar. They provide a good product and treat their customers well. The fact they need a rebuild is neither here nor there in my opinion - that's just how it goes with suspension, no point burying your head in the sand about it in that respect. There's no company in the world that makes a perfect, 100% infallible product but it's how they address it that sets one out from the rest.

Hats off to Brendan and the crew there.
ML GLX diesel.
91Geoff

Postby ag9111 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:32 am

Battle_Scar wrote:I have no doubts they are a great bit of kit, and I dare say I'll get them in just curious if they are the same now as they were 2 years ago or if there are any noticeable changes is tech improvements

not a lot you can do in development of springs and coils when they are tuned to each vehicles weight and use.
there are better struts and shocks around but they cost twice as much.
I consider Ulitimate to be mid priced equipment at a mid price.
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Kegsy on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Your mechanic threw out a fully rebuildable strut? He is mad? :lol:
Triton be gone :cry:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ultimate on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Battle_Scar wrote:I have no doubts they are a great bit of kit, and I dare say I'll get them in just curious if they are the same now as they were 2 years ago or if there are any noticeable changes is tech improvements

Ultimate Suspension products are continually being worked on and improved. We are lucky to have a great connection with our customers and make improvements based on any feedback or issues encountered along the way. Most changes to spring and shock designs will go unnoticed unless you are fitting the kits all the time.

Since the ML Triton was first released, we have worked on a large range of products which have been released under Ultimate Branding and in conjunction with other companies. A lot of the products like strut mounts and brake lines were key developments which are now commonplace in the industry.

I believe our Triton kits are very good and excel over most of our competitor products. As a flood of new vehicles is about to hit the market, we are focusing our attention on these to ensure the new generations of four wheel drives are also catered for.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby Aquagen0 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:18 pm

Any idea on a time frame for the new mq?
Aquagen0

Postby ultimate on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Shouldn't be too long at all. The R&D process has already started and the first samples will come out of production soon.

We will be looking for a vehicle to complete some further testing on in coming months. If anyone is interested, they will score a free kit ;) I will post an official thread closer to the date.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension