Bilstein and EFS

Bilstein and EFS

Postby NQTriton on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:50 pm

I've got a MN triton with standard suspension that drives like a boat, i'm keen to sort this out ASAP. I want every bit of at least 40mm lift, i see a lot manufactures only offer 25mm. So far i'm thinking of Bilsteins up front and EFS rear springs from Fulcrum, has any one had expierence with these? How much lift did you really get?
NQTriton

Re: Bilstein and EFS

Postby tassie_ml on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:57 pm

call Brendan at Ultimate suspension. They do a full 50mm lift and everyone who has it, raves about it.

I know the billies havea good rep, but I am not sure baout mixing and matching front to rear ;)
Mark

07 Cyber Blue GLX R with a few mods

sent from my mobile rock using smoke signals
tassie_ml

Postby 4wd26 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:55 pm

I had a bilstein strut and rear shock combined with dobbinson high coil at the front.

defiantly got my 50mm lift, but the struts failed after 60,000kms (both of them within 5,000km of each other for the same problem- pitted/ scratched shafts and no warranty.

I still have that battle to fight though as what they blamed it on (dobbinson coil had a top step and was not machined flat) is exactly the same as the factory coil- so in my opinion not fit for the Triton if that is what they stick to.

I thought I had the best suspension money could buy- still very happy with the bilstein rears- but have replaced the (3 in the end at big $$$ and much hassles) with ultimate.

I still have the lift (near 60mm- with steel ARB bar but no winch or dual battery) which the coils are rated to carry if required and still no problems after 20,000kms. Time will tell, but a few others have had a real good run from the ultimates.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby NTBB on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:12 pm

I put EFS on about 35000k's ago and the front tyres are starting to cup wear. I rotate every service (5k-7.5k)
and they have just wearing like this in the last 7k so I think there shagged. I won't go EFS again.
I bought my 4wd out of NEED not want.
NTBB

Postby bill65 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:26 pm

had EFS 12mths old and was toll....went Ultimate suspension very happy :D
bill65
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Stevo8 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Gotta agree with Bill spoke with him about the EFS today. Defo improvement over stock Mits suspension but too bouncy, not enough rebound?? in their shocks. If I had the coin I'd change from my EFS :cry:
Only hearing good things about the Ultimate
Stevo8

Postby NQTriton on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Cheers for the info, sounds like i should call ultimate
NQTriton

Return to Suspension