3 inch Suspension Lift

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby GLX-RSilver on Mon May 12, 2008 4:48 am

hey i finally found a place in thailand that returned my email about a 3inch lift. They replace the upper wishbone, 1.25inch front spacer and diff lowering brackets, Rear have spacer blocks. The cost is $750US i've emailed they for delivery costs Cheers
GLX-RSilver

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby mmaaxx on Mon May 12, 2008 11:09 am

Contact my mate here in Melbourne, The Suspension Centre, ask for Rob (03) 9356 4591
tell him Max sent you.

He deals with Fox Foam Cell Struts and get somebody locally to make the coil springs for his applications. Its what I have in my hilux, they are fully rebuildable whether you want 2, 3, or a 4 inch application.

He resets the factory rear leaves, and if you want you can add a rear 1 inch spacer or an extended shackle if you want aswell.

He drives himself a previous shape GLX-R thats been raised 3 inches and runs equivalent to 33/12.5 size tyre that is actually fitted on a 27inch rim, custom import from the states, to advertise his business. dont have a pic of it, but heres a pic of my front struts-

After fitting the ARB bar, the front sagged abit so he added for me another 15mm spacer ring to the bottom shaft which raised it up another 30mm and stiffened the front end.

Heres a pic of his business partners Hilux, 5 inch front lift running 305's, yeah CV angled is maxed out but its for show not offroad.

These are old pics, when he just fitted my 3 inch as a comparison-

it'll be under 2 grand not sure how much depending on what you want, I hope that helps ya out. A couple of hilux blokes from north queensland have bought and fitted his kits after seeing them advertised on mine.

hope that helps.
The Punisher's Build - - http://www.newhilux.net/myshed.php?view=1&id=35
max@monsterrides.com.au
mmaaxx

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby GLX-RSilver on Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 am

Thanks mate i'll give him a call
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby mmaaxx on Mon May 12, 2008 11:21 am

cool, even if you dont end up going ahead with it, he is a wealth of knowledge anyway.
max@monsterrides.com.au
mmaaxx

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby GLX-RSilver on Mon May 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Hey Maaxx just checking out you pics on another thread you Hilux is well set up seems like it has plenty of wheel travel. Whats been done to the rear leafs are they reset factory springs or aftermarket?
Does you Lux have any vibration problems? Hey you rear tailshaft does it have a slip joint (eg like patrol etc) or is it like a triton 1 piece from centre bearing?
Cheers for you advise i'll give rob a call.
GLX-RSilver

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby Austblue on Mon May 12, 2008 9:51 pm

27" rims with 33" are they muddies? Those tyres must cost $1.5k each! minimum!

I price 33" for 18" rims and they wanted $740 each!

I'd love to see it if you could get a pic.
Austblue

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby Mud16 on Tue May 13, 2008 5:07 am

Snake racing are doing a 4in lift with new upper and lower arms and will be releasing it in August talk to them
Mud16

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby GLX-RSilver on Tue May 13, 2008 10:35 am

Hey Mud yeah i know about snake racing just think the price is a little high so i thought i would find upper or lower wishbones from thailand as the triton like the hilux where released there first.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby mmaaxx on Tue May 13, 2008 11:13 am

GLX-R,

My rear leafs are factory reset to 2 inches higher and Ive fitted a 1 inch snake racing block aswell. thats it.

The tailshaft is one piece from the centre bearing back with a slip joint in it aswell.

no vibrations what so ever.

yeah, the tyres are like a high performance tread pattern, for road use only. Like I said its only for show. will try and get around to taking some pics of it, hard to bump into him as everyones always busy.

you know how it is.
max@monsterrides.com.au
mmaaxx

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby GLX-RSilver on Tue May 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Hi Mmaaxx How much space do you have between your bump stops? As lifting a triton much more then 2inches you need a different upper control arm as its close to the upper bump stop how. I'm seeking a lift but with standard travel and bump stop postion kept. Cheers
GLX-RSilver

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby mmaaxx on Wed May 14, 2008 11:08 am

What upper bumpstops?

I havent really looked at that.

When the front end is fully drooped, the upper control arm just misses/just touches the coil itself.

My mate on his partners Black Hilux actually made up a spacer that goes between the bottom of the upper control arm and above the top of the spindle to space the UCA away from the coil at full droop. will see aftter afew more extreme expeditions if it causes problems and might do the same thing.

Im always willing to try something new and lokk outside the circle ;)
max@monsterrides.com.au
mmaaxx

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby AC on Fri May 16, 2008 11:08 am

hey GLX RSilver .. Im keen to know more about this kit from thailand.. who was it that has this kit and have you heard back about delivery costs?? Have you got a web address for them?? cheers.. i tried to contact someone over there about a kit like this earlier this year but was unsuccessfull.. good to hear your having some luck with the spacers... 8-)
AC

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby GLX-RSilver on Fri May 16, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi Ac no i haven't heard back anout postal cost yet but the have also told me they have a 5inch lift also which is $1500US. The web address is see at www.tas4x4.com

Cheers
GLX-RSilver

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby ML-VR08 on Sat May 17, 2008 2:03 am

Just put in your snake racing spacers mate! If they are the 35mm dont try it, machine them down to 25mm spacers and then use your old coils and walla you have 4" lift!
ML-VR08

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby Eelesy on Sat May 17, 2008 3:07 am

did you have any problems with extending brake lines and such?
I'm not dead
Eelesy

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby ML-VR08 on Sat May 17, 2008 3:07 am

Nope...they could do with a tiny strech...but nothing serious
ML-VR08

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby AC on Sat May 17, 2008 8:30 am

Thanks GLX RSilver... 8-) 8-)
AC

3 inch Suspension Lift

Postby sam on Sat May 17, 2008 10:20 am

looking on that site I found this and if you scroll to the bottom check the size of the tyres on the ML from an authorised dealer (PT SUMATERA BERLIA MOTORS) :o :eek: 8-)

http://www.tas4x4.com/produk_forest_in%20action.htm
sam

Return to Suspension