Random Suspension Questions

Re: Random Suspension Questions

Postby jab461 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:08 pm

ultimate wrote:x2

What are you current trim heights on each corner? (centre of wheel to flare)

G'day Brenden

R/Rear 610
L/Rear 607
L/Front 560
R/Front 580
jab461

Postby ultimate on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:20 pm

20mm differenence in the front is a bit odd. Do you have any extra accessories (e.g. dual battery) or more weight on the L/Front?

Apart from that the heights are pretty good. We usually aim for around 570mm
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby jab461 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:28 pm

ultimate wrote:20mm differenence in the front is a bit odd. Do you have any extra accessories (e.g. dual battery) or more weight on the L/Front?

Yeah mate 20ml....I had too double check it! Yep I do have duel batteries......I only had a query when a bloke came around with a Triton and the same coils as me and his sat much higher. He had the same accesaries as me as well :?:
jab461

Postby chrisb on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:26 pm

No matter what coils are used the suspension will eventually get to its limit
tires? body lift? fender work? not level ground can all make a difference
White single c/chass 97 MK Triton, 2.8D ICed turbo, 30" tyres, raised a bit, bull bar winch, rock sliders, steel tray
needs: 2" suspension lift, 33" tyres and front diff lock
chrisb

Postby fridgie on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:10 pm

jab461 wrote:
ultimate wrote:20mm differenence in the front is a bit odd. Do you have any extra accessories (e.g. dual battery) or more weight on the L/Front?

Yeah mate 20ml....I had too double check it! Yep I do have duel batteries......I only had a query when a bloke came around with a Triton and the same coils as me and his sat much higher. He had the same accesaries as me as well :?:

When you say same coils, do you mean brand or style?? (comfort, constant load springs etc)

Every one seems to get very similar but different results with sussy lifts and no 2 cars are the same. If yours is continually sagging (2nd set from memory??) then whoever is fitting it could be supplying you with the wrong springs for your requirements ;-)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby JoanTheSpark on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:33 pm

a search didn't yield so I just ask..

- why are the rear shocks asymmetrically mounted?
JoanTheSpark

Postby fridgie on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:09 pm

They are actually arranged that way to help with twisting of the axle and in the event of tire spinning they will help to subdue some of the "tire hop" that may happen. In a properly set up rear end there shouldn't be any horizontal movement seeing as the axle is bolted to a specific spot on the springs. Also it helps to stop some twisting if one side of the axle hits a hole the the other doesn't. if they were both on one side the axle would tilt or "twist" and could possibly damage your universal joints and cause major problems.
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Thommo3337 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:13 pm

I had wrote this somewhere else but knowone responded
I was getting 11L per 100km with the wheel carrier draw system fridge and roof racks and then put an arb delux bar and efs 2 inch lift and have noticed that it has dropped to between 9.8-10L per 100km. I can't understand it but am definitely not complaining. Thought it may be because of stabilising the shifting weight sooner. Could anyone shed some light?
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

Postby ely07GLXR on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi everyone. Am wanting to improve ride comfort in my 07 GLXR. Has anyone tried removing leaves from the springs and if so did it help. I realise that this would lessen my carrying capacity but that's fine.
ely07GLXR

Postby har05l on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:43 pm

ely07GLXR wrote:Hi everyone. Am wanting to improve ride comfort in my 07 GLXR. Has anyone tried removing leaves from the springs and if so did it help. I realise that this would lessen my carrying capacity but that's fine.

Removing leaves will give you an even worse experience on road :lol:

Your best bet is to upgrade and there are plenty of options ;)

Have a read through some of the suspension threads, plenty of info there ;)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:45 pm

That would make very bad suspension even worse.
If you want a cheap way to better ride replace the shocks only. The std ones are borderline dangerous.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby ely07GLXR on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Thanks harl I'll have a look. Recently upgraded to Tough dog foam cells and while I'm impressed with them the ride is still stiff due to leaf springs. Was hoping I would be able to modify not replace but maybe not worth the risk
ely07GLXR

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:57 pm

I've heard of people resetting the factory leaves but I haven't the first clue where you'd start with that.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby ultimate on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 pm

If you want to improve the comfort, you need to raise the suspension a bit to get the first stage off the second (main load bearing leaves). The best way to do this is with an aftermarket spring pack. You don't need to go a full 50mm over standard. Even 20-30mm is a hug improvement.

In my opinion it's not worth resetting the original springs. The spring still is poor quality and even if you re-camber the spring for more comfort, it will just sag back down to where it was (back onto the load leaves). You can add a leaf to keep it up, but this will just make the ride harsher and defeat the purpose.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby tony73 on Wed May 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Ok Im looking at getting an Ironman 2in lift

Has anyone gone with the constant load springs on the front (A set) with comfort springs on the rears (C set)?
A suplier has recomended this custom combo with what I explained my driving habits! Minimal loads, towing boat with 100kg ball weight, camping gear, corrogations, clearance for launching boat on dodgy ramps!

The B performance kit will only raise 25mm supposedly for manuals with two piece tailshaft as they cant handle 40mm

Means I should get a 40mm lift all round and not just on the rear, but also have a decent ride! Looking at the foam cell shocks!

Also will I have to modify anything else such as brake lines as Ive seen mentioned a few times???
tony73

Postby rooboy on Sat May 11, 2013 8:41 pm

My question is fitted a ironman suspension today and took of the top rubber stop of the upper wish bone to make it easy to fit the strut assembly. Then I was lifting the chassis and realised the foam cell shock was getting very close to the to the inside of the wish bone so I went to put the rubber stopper back in and had to bounce on the bulllbar to get it to fit in.I have no downwood travel at all so question ?Is there an adjustment I can do or will it settle after a run around the block
rooboy

Postby Mongrel on Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Just my 2 bobs, but the best thing I did was to get new suspension! Ultimate fitted the new kit, and the ride is ridiculously better. I now drive it like a sedan! There is a MASSIVE difference.
Ain't Nothing Like a Mongrel. :twisted:
Mongrel

Postby mattz on Sun May 12, 2013 6:43 am

rooboy wrote:My question is fitted a ironman suspension today and took of the top rubber stop of the upper wish bone to make it easy to fit the strut assembly. Then I was lifting the chassis and realised the foam cell shock was getting very close to the to the inside of the wish bone so I went to put the rubber stopper back in and had to bounce on the bulllbar to get it to fit in.I have no downwood travel at all so question ?Is there an adjustment I can do or will it settle after a run around the block

No adjustment that I'm aware of and it'll take more than a run around the block to settle.
Do you have a bull bar and winch?
If you don't.....they may have supplied springs for this rather than the lighter rated ones for a lift without the bull bar and winch.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby rooboy on Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 am

constantload mate and I have a whinch and a bullbar I don't like the sound of cutting the stoppers as that is a way to protect the cv and with the wider shocks they could end up hiting the the top wish bone
rooboy

Postby 1 Nathan on Fri May 31, 2013 7:03 pm

Can anyone recommend a place to install my new suspenshion in Ipswich or brissy get my ulterment 2" kit next week can't wait to get it in sick of my boat like handeling ?
1 Nathan

Postby Naff on Fri May 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Jonlin Automotive Engineers

15 Clarence St, Coorparoo
(07) 3394 2400

They actually sell the ultimate gear I believe.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 1 Nathan on Fri May 31, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks mate I will hit them up for a quote on Monday have to love rdo Mondays
1 Nathan

Postby blythe on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:36 pm

hewy hacket wrote:Ultimate,
I have a 2011 MN and on the front strut there is a small bracket spot welded on to hold the brake line i cannot see this on the ultimate struts (or are they underneath on the photo).

let me know how you go mate. i am looking at putting ultimate suspension on my triton to but they said it might shutter if it does you can be fix it but im not to shore about it ?
blythe

MN Triton 2" Suspension lift

Postby Mark7792 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:05 pm

G'day,

I was wondering if anyone has had a 2" suspension lift done Zordo's 4wd suspension?

I was having a chat with them thismorning and they are offering a kit of Doblinsons coils and EFS or Bluemax leafs depending on availability. If anyone on here has used these guys before im just chasing a general idea of how there ride has performed since.

they also mentioned for an extra $400 they would use Bilstein Shocks, as i have next to 0 idea about this stuff i thought i would ask the masses.

Thanks
Mark7792

Postby Homer on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Mark7792 wrote:G'day,

I was wondering if anyone has had a 2" suspension lift done Zordo's 4wd suspension?

I was having a chat with them thismorning and they are offering a kit of Doblinsons coils and EFS or Bluemax leafs depending on availability. If anyone on here has used these guys before im just chasing a general idea of how there ride has performed since.

they also mentioned for an extra $400 they would use Bilstein Shocks, as i have next to 0 idea about this stuff i thought i would ask the masses.

Thanks

Post moved. Hey Mark, welcome to the forum.

It's worthwhile familiarising yourself with the forum for a bit as there is plenty of info on here about probably everything you want to know about the Triton.

We try not to start too many new threads for common type questions so it is easier to find info among fewer miscellaneous threads.

Use the big red search button up the top, or if that proves ineffective have a look in my signature line for the link to the forum Directory....click on everything you need to know about the Triton line ;)

If you can't find it there, ask away but my guess is you will find everything it is possible to know already here ;)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension