Boost Gauge to 3.2 Diesel

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Boost Gauge to 3.2 Diesel

Postby Donk on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 pm

I have recently fitted a Chip-It chip to my ML along with a EGT monitor. So I can keep an eye on the boost I am also want to fit a boost gauge. I have decided to use an electrical gauge, but struggling to find a suitable place to tap into the system to place the boost hose.

I have seen a few posts of other members showing that it can be done and would really like a bit of guidance on where others have tapped in.
Donk

Re: Boost Gauge to 3.2 Diesel

Postby Tony on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:33 pm

Tee it in between the intake manifold and MAP sensor. (There will be what looks like vacuum hose.) A 3mm or 4mm T will be required to do this.

Do not tap in near the Turbo as there is a significant pressure drop between the turbo and inlet manifold. You want to read the true boost as the inlet manifold sees it.

This is Geek's ML triton last time I seen it. Geek did a rather nice job fitting that boost sensor too. 8-)
Boost sensor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Boost Gauge to 3.2 Diesel

Postby Donk on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Cheers Tony, I wondered if that was a reasonable place to cut in. I will post pictures on the weekend of the install.
Donk

Return to Fuel Systems