Fuel additives - DiD & V6's

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: Fuel additives - DiD & V6's

Postby trouble on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:19 pm

I just put in chemtec diesel additive and the truck runs smoother and quieter, even the missus noticed the difference.
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby Install on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Some more good reading for those interested about 2T in the fuel http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/tips/cummins/general/2-cycle-oil/2-cycle-oil.htm
It's gunna be 2T for me all the way now
If you're in control, you ain't going fast enuff!
Install

Postby mad992 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:03 pm

nice find install
mad992

Postby sierra on Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:58 pm

Install wrote:Some more good reading for those interested about 2T in the fuel http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/tips/cummins/general/2-cycle-oil/2-cycle-oil.htm
It's gunna be 2T for me all the way now

Once again in that article there was the warning not to use 2T in engines from 2007 on designed to run on ULSD based on a lack of tesing but later reports clearly state it's alright to use it in those engines.

2-stroke oil and diesel

To all interested:
due to the pollution control measures of the EC diesel-oil is nearly sulphur free and contains up to 5% of bio-diesel. Sulphur has the property to grease the high pressure injection pump and the injectors. Without sulphur, the reduced greasing property of the new diesel has already shown negativ impacts on the long-term stability of the injectors and the high pressure pump. The pump manufacturers have tried to react by lining the moving parts of the pumps with teflon or other suitable material. However, the long term stability is still not achieved as with the old (sulphor contained) diesel.
The engine-research centre of a well known German car manufacurer has conducted some long term tests of diesel additives to find out whether any one of them will have an impact on the long term reliability of the diesel engine components. This introduction to explain were my information comes from.
The results of this research: any diesel additive of any manufacturer presently on the market is not worth the money!
BUT: 2-stroke oil, which we use in our motor saws, lawn mower or in 2-stroke motor engines has shown to have an extreme positive impact on diesel engines, if such 2-stroke oil is added to the diesel in a homoeophatic dosis of 1:200. In practical terms: 0,300 litre of 2-stroke oil into the 70l diesel tank. The 2-stroke oil will be absorbed by the diesel (emulsion) and grease every moving part of the high pressure pump and the injectors.
Besides this, the 2-stroke oil will keep the diesel engine clean, as it burnes cleaner as the diesel itself.
In other words, the 2-stroke oil has a much lower ash-content as diesel, when burned. This proven fact delays the DPF (diesel particulate (soot) filter) to clogg, and the "burn free" process of the DPF will be much less.
One more information: in Germany we have to present our cars every 2 years to the TUV -Technical Supervision Organisation - who will check, amongs others, the pollution of petrol and diesel engines.
The measured cloud-factor of a diesel engine without use of 2-stroke oil has been 0,95.
The same factor with the use of 2-stroke oil has been 0,47 - reduction of nearly half of the soot particles.
Besides this, the use of 2-stroke oil in the diesel will increase the milage by 3-5%.

Yamaha-Fan

To all:

Def: yes, fill in 0,3 litre of 2-stroke oil with every tank filling. You will notice a surprisingly big difference in the smoothness of your engine running, the noise level is reduced, particularely when the engine is cold, and the fuel ecconomy will increase besides the described other advantages.
The 2-stroke oil I can recommend from my own experience (value for price) is the Liqui Moly 2-stoke oil, semi-synthetic, Product no. 1052 (blue plastic bottle). The use of 2-stroke oil is recommended also for diesel engines without DPF. If you "forget" to fill in the little dosis of 2-stroke oil - no problem. Just fill it in the next time.
Everybody who has used the 2-stroke oil in his/her diesel engine has confirmed that they could not have done better.

Evanessen: see above. Do not use fully synthetic 2-stroke oil, as too expensive, and you do not really need this high quality for your purpose. Semi-synthetic will do.

npinks: the use of 2-stroke oil in the diesel will under normal circumstances not be evident, as the 2-stroke oil will be absorbed by the diesel by forming an emulsion, which will not seperate.
As I have said, we have to undergo every 2 years a pollution control inspection by our TUV, and the emission values as measured are by far better with use of 2-stroke oil than without. I have not come accross any case in which a car manufacturer has waived its guarantee obligo for cars which have used this 2-stroke oil (off course, not knowing this).
Dismantling the test diesel engines after the 2-stroke oil test has revealed that such engines have been in an extroardinary clean and top condition. So why should any car manufacturer have any reason to waive any guarantees (for whatever technical reasons) if the concerned engine is otherwise in a clean and top condition.

Yamaha-Fan

Etc etc etc

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic878.html?highlight=oil
sierra

Postby trouble on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:13 pm

Also just put the additive in my TDi VW Polo and again quieter and smoother very happy with this Chemtec stuff. :D
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby NTBB on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:16 am

My mother inlaw works for a melb bus company they just took delivery of a new uro spec 5 bus and they have to put a additive in the diesel when asked what it was the replie was UREA and water :shock: after the look i gave her she said she would check the water bit but was sure it was urea :o
I bought my 4wd out of NEED not want.
NTBB

Postby Blue on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:23 am

NTBB wrote:My mother inlaw works for a melb bus company they just took delivery of a new uro spec 5 bus and they have to put a additive in the diesel when asked what it was the replie was UREA and water :shock: after the look i gave her she said she would check the water bit but was sure it was urea :o

That's it, piss in the tank at every fill... :lol:
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sam on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:02 am

It is urea as the new Mazda CX deisels have the same thing where you have to top up a small tank with the stuff so it emitts nitrogen and water from the exhaust and not nasty nitrogen oxides so they say ;)
sam

Postby Blue on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 am

sam wrote:It is urea as the new Mazda CX deisels have the same thing where you have to top up a small tank with the stuff so it emitts nitrogen and water from the exhaust and not nasty nitrogen oxides so they say ;)

Yup, euro spec trucks (Volvo, Scania) all have a tank containing a urea solution - there are other catalysts in it too but urea is the major component...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Steane on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:19 am

Followed the trail blazed by Sierra and dropped 400ml of Valvoline racing 2T into the tank last Friday and filled it up.

Not a whole lot of difference to start with, but firing it up this morning (after 1/4 tank of fuel used) and its noticeably different.

It's significantly quieter, the 'diesel rattle' on part throttle or under load is virtually gone and it seems smoother as well.

I'll be sticking with it.

Good job Sierra! :)
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sierra on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:47 am

Good to hear Steane.
It does seem to be one of those ideas that could easily be a placebo but turns out to have substance.
The first important result is no adverse effects from anyone trying it from here and that seems to be the case for others after spending some time researching various forums. I certainly appreciate the lack of mechanical noise from the injection system and that, hopefully, is because it's getting lubricated? Drrrrr!
I'm happy to carry on using it too and will pick up 5L to make it even cheaper.
Might be a good idea to run the tank low and fill up without the 2T just to confirm the changes at some stage? Easy enough to top up with fuel soon after and get the 2T back in the system.
I've been enjoying a few bursts of power lately, lots more, so comparing fuel consumption is difficult.

Dylan started this so I'm looking forward to his opinion when he's back on the road.
:D
sierra

Postby mad992 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:20 pm

well done steane,it does make a difference i think ,hey sierra where do u get a 5lt pack from :?: supacreep
mad992

Postby sierra on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:41 pm

mad992 wrote:well done steane,it does make a difference i think ,hey sierra where do u get a 5lt pack from :?: supacreep

Yes, Super Cheapo had a big range and I noticed it in 5L containers for about $25 - $30 for the cheapest from memory.
It doesn't have to be top of the range as long as it's the minimum spec.
:)
sierra

Postby mad992 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:38 pm

sweet as sierra ill look for one on sunday buy in bulk thats the go ;)
mad992

Postby Jitsukablue on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:07 pm

I've just added half a litre of 2 stroke (125 L tank), and bought some MOREYS DIESEL SMOKE KILLER from Wangara filter discounters. 1 Litre treats 625 litres of fuel apparently...
I've used 20% bioD since new, specifically because it improves the lubricity of the fuel, so I can't say I've noticed a huge difference yet...
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby sierra on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:55 pm

Where do you get the 20% Bio diesel?
What colour is the smoke? Never seen a hint of smoke out of mine.
sierra

Postby RHKTriton on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Freedom Fuels diesel is stated as having up to 20% Bio.

What's all this smoke everyone talks about?? Smoke only comes out of
steam engines and Landcruisers.

I've been using this in my Vito, wife's pug and now in the Triton and overall seems better
than the Shell, Caltex and normal BP.

Be nice to have use of a Dyno for a few weekends.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sierra on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:05 pm

It's a bit far to fuel from WA.
:(
I like their website animation. It looks as if the fuel tanker is greening the planet.

Might try the new Caltex brew if they have it just around the corner. They had all new tanks installed a few weeks ago so no excuse for water and rubbish in there now.
sierra

Postby ag9111 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:42 pm

New 2010 Euro spec 5 (MN) engines require require a reduction of 82% of NOx, Nitrous oxide, particles from their exhaust over the Euro spec 4 engines (ML). They were never going to achieve this result on the 3.2 so hence the new engine. One way of achieving this result is through the advanced EGR systems. Euro spec 4 (EGR) engines used up to 50%, from memory, EGR gases were as the Spec 5 engines will use up to 80%. They will use multiple pass coolers to reduce the exhaust gas temp instead of the single pass unit on the ML.
The other system is called SCR, selective catalytic reduction, were a catalyst is pumped into the exhaust before the cat. This catalyst breaks down the NOx particles into healthier products for the environment. This catalyst is Urea at the moment. There is a heap of information on the web. Just type in EGR vs SCR. EGR is used in small cars, light trucks etc as it requires no more room wereas SCR requires a tank and pump for the Urea storage and dispensing . Urea will be available from servos soon. Systems are being develped that will turn Diesel into Urea and that will be the future of all diesels i believe. Most heavy truck engine builders in the US are moving to SCR with only Navstar staying with advanced EGR
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jitsukablue on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Ahhh, bless, our east cousins think we're there. Sierra, gull biod. Cheaper too. Up to 20% biod. No smoke, it just in the name, fuel treatment. Interestingly on the 4wd forum link is a link to a PDF study. Rates 2% biod blend way better than 2 stroke.
Jitsukablue

Postby sierra on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:33 pm

Jitsukablue wrote:Ahhh, bless, our east cousins think we're there. Sierra, gull biod. Cheaper too. Up to 20% biod. No smoke, it just in the name, fuel treatment. Interestingly on the 4wd forum link is a link to a PDF study. Rates 2% biod blend way better than 2 stroke.

Feel guilty about being over here at times!
Bio from plants good, bio from animals bad, if I remember correctly?
Have you got the link for the PDF?[please]
sierra

Postby Jitsukablue on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Jitsukablue

Postby mad992 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:50 am

nice find jitsu clears the debate 8-)
mad992

Postby sierra on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:26 am

The only problem is the source of the bio diesel because tallow[animal fat] is usually considered inferior and can cause problems. I think in theory Bio 20 can be anywhere from 0% - 20% bio diesel content and that can be animal, vegetable or both? If that's the case, it would be worth sourcing some top quality vegetable oil diesel such as the soy one mentioned and adding that at 50/1 mix to BP Ultimate or similar.
A 20L jerry can full would treat 1000L.
Anyone in Perth selling a good brew?
:D
sierra

Postby mad992 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:08 pm

any one in brissy selling a good brew :?:
mad992

PreviousNext

Return to Fuel Systems