SCV - Suction control Valve

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

SCV - Suction control Valve

Postby Newguy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:44 am

Anyone here had any trouble with this valve, after a few weeks of running the fuel pressure wound up when i am in 3rd 4th or 5th gear with my foot flat from 3000rpm - 3500rpm there can be dead spots. Power sort of goes flat momentarily then power comes back on then off and on to 4200rpm.

I am wondering if this valve is causing me an issue, couldn't find any other threads with the search facility.

Has any one taken one off to clean?
Do i need a new gasket if i do?
I have turned my fueling back down and it is all OK, just want to find out what it could have been?
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Re: SCV - Suction control Valve

Postby irwazza on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:56 am

Mine done the exact same thing. Mitsubishi replacing the scv valve under warranty
irwazza

Postby Tony on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:11 am

I'd be looking at the rail pressure limiter by the sounds of that. :? Have you got the Hi-spec limiter or a disc fitted?
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Newguy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:13 am

Ive got the Hi-Spec Limiter in place from chip it tony.
Wouldn't have thought it was that but it could be??
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:16 am

Anything is possible.

Shoot me a PM and I'll organise you a replacement as an exchange just in case. 8-)

BTW, what tunes have you been running?
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Newguy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:11 am

As im running the Chip that i am tony, i have no idea what tune im running, i had the fuel trim and timing turned right up.
Was running very well, now it is probably running aswell, i just need my duel cable to up the boost to burn the extra diesel, Downpipe should be here soon.

What do i look for in the SCV any one know?
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Newguy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:21 am

Just went for another test, it must be the valve opening Tony and bleeding a bit of pressure, as it stops if you drop the gas pedal and then jump back on it then it does it again.

Turned my fuel pressure back down.
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby borngeek on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:30 am

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9142&hilit=suction+control+valve

sits on the back of the injector pump.... you cant look at much. :lol:
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Newguy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:18 am

Sweet, so ill forget that it could be the problem then.
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Newguy on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:58 am

So I have replaced the limiter and i still had the same issue pulling pulling pulling then no pull then she comes right.

Something went wrong today I was giving it a good test run from.0 to 160 went limp and now I have the chip unplugged as my fuel pressure won't raise over 6700psi. I drove the rest of the 200km trip.

What should I start to look at? I'm back to wondering about svc or the pressure sensor on the rail?

Feels like I'm driving a great wall ute now :p
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby irwazza on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:18 pm

What chip are you running?
irwazza

Postby Newguy on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:47 pm

I am using the common rail pressure sensor chip. I have the chip unplugged from the system now.
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby irwazza on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Is that the one supplied by chipit?
irwazza

Postby Newguy on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Sorry no it is supplied by racechip.de
Google racechip.
Dunno what's shit itself
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby irwazza on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:00 pm

And your car runs normal with the chip not plugged in?
irwazza

Postby Newguy on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Not won't rev over 3000 and the fuel pressure does not get above 7000psi. What ever was causing my issue has buggered itself I think.
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby irwazza on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Have you checked the fuel rail plug for bent pins?
irwazza

Postby Newguy on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Pins are fine. All connectors checked. Still got 18psi of boost usually 22psi but it must be done because of the lack of fuel.
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Newguy on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Also I have no check engine light or any faults on the obd reader. Cleared exult faults also incase they were hidden....
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Brett05 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:06 pm

I have been chasing this problem for almost two weeks now. The surging was that bad that I wanted set fire to my beloved ride. I was so convinced this morning it was fuel filter related, I bought another filter and installed it at work today........drove home with the same problem as before the filter was fitted. I got home and removed every mod I have done to the engine. I removed the Suction Control Valve, Swirl Control Valve and what ever else I could unbolt, cleaned and checked it.....every time I removed a mod or part, I would go for a drive to see if the problem was solved......four hours later, it came to the common rail plug the caught my attention, I pushed it in to check and it moved about 3 mm......thought to myself, that wasn't right.....unplugged it again, sprayed a little bit of WD40 in there just for the hell of it, blew it out and went for a test run.....it never skipped a beat.....I had the biggest smile on my face after that. I put all the mods back on and installed tune 8.....this this is a jet now....I was so close to dropping it off at the service department and letting them deal with the problem.....I'm glad I persevered....not only do I have the satisfaction of fixing the problem myself, I probably saved myself 5-6 hundred dollars

side note: taking off the SCV and looking down into the upper manifold.....absolutely clean as (almost three years).....the blanking and catch can are doing there job beautifully
If I pushed a copy of myself off a cliff, because he was swearing. Could I be charged with making an obscene clone fall ?
Link to Centre Bearing Mod viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6394
CAD & PDF files Centre Bearing Mod http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/download/file.php?id=638
Brett05

Postby Newguy on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Will try this in the morning, I have only got crc. It is such a silly issue.

Did you have a check engine light?

Cheers stew
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Brett05 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:53 am

I never got any engine check lights.....just the bloody surging
If I pushed a copy of myself off a cliff, because he was swearing. Could I be charged with making an obscene clone fall ?
Link to Centre Bearing Mod viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6394
CAD & PDF files Centre Bearing Mod http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/download/file.php?id=638
Brett05

Postby Mooons on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:07 am

Brett05 wrote:I have been chasing this problem for almost two weeks now. The surging was that bad that I wanted set fire to my beloved ride. I was so convinced this morning it was fuel filter related, I bought another filter and installed it at work today........drove home with the same problem as before the filter was fitted. I got home and removed every mod I have done to the engine. I removed the Suction Control Valve, Swirl Control Valve and what ever else I could unbolt, cleaned and checked it.....every time I removed a mod or part, I would go for a drive to see if the problem was solved......four hours later, it came to the common rail plug the caught my attention, I pushed it in to check and it moved about 3 mm......thought to myself, that wasn't right.....unplugged it again, sprayed a little bit of WD40 in there just for the hell of it, blew it out and went for a test run.....it never skipped a beat.....I had the biggest smile on my face after that. I put all the mods back on and installed tune 8.....this this is a jet now....I was so close to dropping it off at the service department and letting them deal with the problem.....I'm glad I persevered....not only do I have the satisfaction of fixing the problem myself, I probably saved myself 5-6 hundred dollars

side note: taking off the SCV and looking down into the upper manifold.....absolutely clean as (almost three years).....the blanking and catch can are doing there job beautifully

I'm confused I thought the SCV was attached to the fuel pump not the manifold & the EGR was on the upper manifold
Best I do some more reading :roll:
When you point your finger cos your plan fell through
Theres three more fingers pointing back at you
Mooons
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Newguy on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:13 am

Svc is on the fuel pump. I feel mine maybe stuck open. Letting most of the fuel back to the tank and not to the pump. Will clean the rail sensor pins also
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Newguy on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:18 am

So i pulled the scv out, looks ok but who would know. Gave it a tap and a clean rotated 180 degrees and re installed. Checked the rail connector. Cleaned and re installed. Went for a run and there is no change. :(
Newguy
Platinum Subscriber

Next

Return to Fuel Systems