Lpg tank location from tray to tub

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Postby llt on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:01 am

Just curious I have a single cab 07 triton I just purchased a tub for it. It originally comes with a alum tray. Now the lpg tank is located behind lower cab under front of alum tray. If I switch to a tub can I retain its current position?

If not where do they usually sit them on vehicles with a tub?

My apologies I have no experience in lpg stuff so kindly go easy on me.
llt

Postby mattz on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:23 am

I'm not 100% sure, but if it has to be moved the most likely place is at the rear of the tub.You would then have to relocate the spare wheel.
I wouldn't advise that you do it yourself.......take it to someone who is licensed to install lpg systems as there are all sorts of rules and regulations when it comes to lpg
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Re: Lpg tank location from tray to tub

Postby baito on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:54 am

You will have to move it I would say, get a scuba type tank and lay it flat in the tub floor, then build a false floor over the top of it, that is how I had it set up in my old lux. Don't put it where the spare is, it sucks arse haveing nowhere for your spare to go, go see a gas mechanic they will sort it for ya
baito

Postby llt on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Seems a lot of hassle. I may eliminate the system altogether. Thank you very much for your inputs.
llt

Postby Edd on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:39 am

LPG tank will go were the spare is at the moment. I have a dual cab and spare is up on the roof rack. Worth the hassle because the range you get out of both fuel and gas together. I get about with both tanks filled 1,000 plus kms but also I have a long range tank put in 125lt Ironman. Love the V6
Edd

Postby Duck on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:58 am

I would keep it if it is already installed, Gas is great, definately has to be done by a licensed fitter or you would void all insurance's. I would ring a fitter & they can give you all of the options. 1 might be keep the tray & enjoy the extra space. The tub without a canopy of sorts fitted is as roomy as a 'mighty boy'
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby baito on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:54 am

Yep is just keep the tray, heaps more room and more practical I reckon, but just my opinion
baito

Postby llt on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:07 pm

The tub appealed to me cause it looked a lot neater. Especially when I tow our cars with it. Im not to sure if the lpg is approved I looked for stamping of some sort could not locate. Im in two minds about it all.
llt

Postby baito on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:24 am

It's not really that hard to move the tank mate, hopefully there is enough length in the hoses? If you put a scuba tank at the very front of the tub near the back window and had the hoses come up through the tub you would be right. All you need to do is empty the gas tank by driving till it runs out, pull old tank out, bolt tub on and bolt in new tank, attach two hoses and done electrics to new tank, job done
baito

Return to Fuel Systems