Chip-It Help

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: Chip-It Help

Postby Kegsy on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:29 am

Geek will probably know the drill... I know sweet FA about windows 7 :oops:

I remember my laptop only running the usb/serial connection from one certain USB port on the laptop. I thought it was my laptop playing up, but maybe worth a try if you have multiple USB ports.

Its currently set to tune 6, so its one step up from the tune they load when originally packaged. I knocked it down a few levels before sending it out.

Pretty mild tune, but in my experience its super smooth. Good place to start, then you can venture upward if you decide to chase the power 8-)
Triton be gone :cry:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby biggibbo on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:17 am

Probably the USB to serial adaptor. Whilst the drivers may have installed fine, there have been plenty of old adapters that just won't work with windows 7. Might pay to get a new adaptor designed for win 7
biggibbo

Postby SLIMaxPower on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:03 pm

grabbed a new cable and loaded tune 10. I am pulling a 2T trailer How hot can the EGT get ? Currently have a snorkel and oem exhaust.
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby biggibbo on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:10 am

Bloody hot. I saw over 650 when towing. I try n keep it below 500 now by backing off the throttle
biggibbo

Postby SLIMaxPower on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:54 am

How much difference to EGT will a 3" exhaust make ? My alarm is set to 550 and hit it about 5 times heading to Hammy Hill from Kwinana via Rocky Road.
What's the highest tune anyone has run with one of these kits ? on a mn
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Naff on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:57 am

Dude, you're gonna break your ute. Knock it back a tune or two.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby biggibbo on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:01 am

Tune 4-5 is relatively safe, however will still get hot when pushing hard or towing. Tune 10 is asking for trouble. Tune 6 is ok if you have a 3" exhaust.
biggibbo

Postby Kegsy on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:25 am

Tunes will behave differently on each vehicle. Tune 5 is the tune that is loaded on the chip fresh out of the box, tune 6 IMHO is the MN sweet spot for everyday power.

You can peak to 650 for a short burst only, constant load try to stay under 500 degrees.

With my 2.75" exhaust, tune 8 and the enterprise mod I could sit under 300 degree at 110km/h. 8-)

Tune 10 with no exhaust and towing is asking for trouble if done for long periods.
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Kegsy on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:26 am

But more importantly, how is the extra power helping with towing? 8-) :twisted:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby SLIMaxPower on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:56 pm

power is great. enterprise mod ?
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:29 pm

It's a setup that provides manual control over the vgt and in particular prevents overboost which can be a real problem with the 2.5s.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby SLIMaxPower on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:43 pm

link / cost
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:58 pm

You wont find much on it as unique to us and I have never advertised etc.

Some hidden in the platinum lounge where this so called enterprise (due to its appearance) was only released to platinum members.

The Enterprise was designed to be an all on one stand alone boost controller for VGT equipped diesels.

The same thing can be achieved by using a dawes valve and high quality needle valve at similar expense.

I'd prefer leaving the OEM boost solenoid in and use the Dawes valve to contain boost target overshoot.

The chip can be custom tuned to run both OEM solenoid or standalone set up with a higher boost target and not ever have overboost CELs.

All advanced stuff and you must know what your doing or an early retirement of the turbo is likely. :lol:
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby SLIMaxPower on Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:15 pm

looks like I will be upgrading my account then :)
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mattz on Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:12 pm

SLIMaxPower wrote:looks like I will be upgrading my account then :)

Or your turbo. :lol:
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby coughy on Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:49 pm

hi tony is a dawes valve needed?

1 is it needed for a everyday driver, stock everything(ie no chip or exhaust)
2 easy to fit??
3 will it make a difference in drivability?
4 do you sell them?
sorry for all of the questions but i have been looking at this for a while and i can find the answers...
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby shortSteve on Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Kegsy wrote:Tunes will behave differently on each vehicle. Tune 5 is the tune that is loaded on the chip fresh out of the box, tune 6 IMHO is the MN sweet spot for everyday power.

You can peak to 650 for a short burst only, constant load try to stay under 500 degrees.

With my 2.75" exhaust, tune 8 and the enterprise mod I could sit under 300 degree at 110km/h. 8-)

Tune 10 with no exhaust and towing is asking for trouble if done for long periods.

My tune 5 used to run a bit over 500 just cruising up the freeway, would drop if you put your foot down tho. Under heavy load would never get over 600 tho. Stock tune (chip and wiring removed, not in circuit at all) will easily run to 600+ under heavy load and have seen 690something before backing off on a long climb when towing. This is with a 2.75" exhaust and snokel/k&n combo. Mine never runs below 300 while driving, and most of the time sit between high 300's and high 400's. Reads ambient temp with a couple of degrees on startup so isn't massively out of whack.
Had been trying for months to get a definitive temp that was ok to run up too, so I just based it on the max the standard setup runs at regularly. Good to get some other values, cheers :)

sS
shortSteve

Postby Kegsy on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:00 pm

shortSteve wrote:
Kegsy wrote:Tunes will behave differently on each vehicle. Tune 5 is the tune that is loaded on the chip fresh out of the box, tune 6 IMHO is the MN sweet spot for everyday power.

My tune 5 used to run a bit over 500 just cruising up the freeway, would drop if you put your foot down tho. Under heavy load would never get over 600 tho. Stock tune (chip and wiring removed, not in circuit at all) will easily run to 600+ under heavy load and have seen 690something before backing off on a long climb when towing. This is with a 2.75" exhaust and snokel/k&n combo. Mine never runs below 300 while driving, and most of the time sit between high 300's and high 400's. Reads ambient temp with a couple of degrees on startup so isn't massively out of whack.
Had been trying for months to get a definitive temp that was ok to run up too, so I just based it on the max the standard setup runs at regularly. Good to get some other values, cheers :)

sS

Mine ran very cool due to some extra mods.. 8-) Normal hwy cruise EGT for mine was around 280 degrees.

Tune 9, flat to the boards going up Mt Vic I couldn't crack 480 degree's in 4th gear.

I was getting to the point of being too cool though, a little hotter and it would have been spot on but I didn't want to chuck anymore fuel in / or take boost out :oops: :lol:

The later ECU flashes from Mitsu made the Tritons run a fair bit hotter on stock tunes, not sure why they did this... Some of the stock guys with EGT probes have reported some crazy temps :shock:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby variflex on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:20 pm

Gee I'm liking the look of the Jeep Kegsy, any pics to share
variflex

Postby SLIMaxPower on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:34 pm

cmon Mr platinum guy approve my subscription
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby variflex on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:46 pm

Haha, give it a day or two, Dave does get busy
variflex

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:52 pm

Also make sure your PayPal email matches the email you used when you signed up on the forum, otherwise it can be hard to match the payment with the username.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Tony on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:44 am

coughy wrote:hi tony is a dawes valve needed?

1 is it needed for a everyday driver, stock everything(ie no chip or exhaust)

Normally not required on stock engine unless chasing overboost issues or excessively high EGTS.

2 easy to fit??

Our kit is very easy to fit as engineered for the 4D56T, how ever I recommend a stand alone boost gauge is used for fine tuning.

3 will it make a difference in drivability?

Depends on set up, if backing up the OEM solenoid it will not change to drivabilty (Unless chip is fitted then yes)
If set up as stand alone controller, the boost will ramp in much quicker and EGTS will be lower. Trade off is, if we drive the turbo harder and lower EGTs, the fuel consumption can be offset slightly.

4 do you sell them?

Yes, we have all three configurations in stock, however we haven't advertised due to work load and support needed etc.

It could be fitting to mention our secondary company "SPV Industries" is a forum sponsor. We have not come to public view as I have to keep things manageable with continuing R&D etc.
Last edited by NowForThe5th on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quotes
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Kegsy on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:15 pm

variflex wrote:Gee I'm liking the look of the Jeep Kegsy, any pics to share

Yeah Im pretty happy how its turning out so far, I might throw a few (pics) up in the platinum section...
Its a 2014 JKU sport.
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby variflex on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:48 pm

Kegsy wrote:
variflex wrote:Gee I'm liking the look of the Jeep Kegsy, any pics to share

Yeah Im pretty happy how its turning out so far, I might throw a few (pics) up in the platinum section...
Its a 2014 JKU sport.

They are a great bit of gear, wifey regularly has one as her company car, I love driving them and will be my next car
variflex

PreviousNext

Return to Fuel Systems