spv module

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

spv egr chip

Postby silverstreak on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Just put in tony's chip after cleaning maff sensor and took for a short run. The engine light won't go off. Car went well . But the fuel consumption was 14.0. It's a 2008 ml 3.2 diesel. Should I keep driving it
silverstreak

spv module

Postby silverstreak on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:09 pm

just cleaned Maff sensor and put in tony's spv egr module Took for a short run and engine light stays on. Car went well but fuel consumption was 14.0. Should I keep driving it. It's a 2008 ml 3.2
silverstreak

Re: spv egr chip

Postby shortSteve on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:49 pm

An ECL will clear, if fault hasn't reappeared, after around 8 full ignition cycles if I remember correctly, or via a scan tool or similar. What caused the ECL?
Also, minor point, but this is the MQ area, the answer you are looking for may appear quicker in the right section of the forum :)

sS
shortSteve

Re: spv module

Postby shortSteve on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Lol I replied to the question in the MQ area before I saw you had posted here...
ECL will go off, assuming fault that caused it hasn't reappeared, after around 8 full ignition cycles, or can be reset by a scan tool or similar. What caused the ECL in the first place?

sS
shortSteve

Postby silverstreak on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Thanks for replying. Realised I posted in wrong section so reposted. New to all this my only mechanical experience is from reading from what's on this site. I'm female so thought I give what I had been reading about carbon buildup a try on fixing it. So panicked when the engine light wouldn't go off. What's an ECL. Don't have any tools to check faults. Looks like back to the mechanic for me
silverstreak

Postby explorer.dave on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 pm

silverstreak wrote:Thanks for replying. Realised I posted in wrong section so reposted. New to all this my only mechanical experience is from reading from what's on this site. I'm female so thought I give what I had been reading about carbon buildup a try on fixing it. So panicked when the engine light wouldn't go off. What's an ECL. Don't have any tools to check faults. Looks like back to the mechanic for me

It's actually called a CEL, stands for Check Engine Light, 14 sounds pretty high but you did say a short drive right? Wondering how accurate that consumption figure may be?
If it hasn't gone into limp mode I wouldn't panic just yet, re-check the connection on both the maff sensor and the egr delete module, likely some-thing very simple, the egr delete mod shouldn't throw any codes.
Plenty of smart cookies on this forum that can help, unfortunately i'm not one of them, so hand over to the brains trust.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby silverstreak on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:19 am

Thanks for replying. Removed spv module and cleaned maff sensor again . Just put maff sensor only back in and CEL light is still on. I read I need a scan gauge to see what code is showing. Are they expensive to buy? Can anyone recommend a good cheap one to buy as hopefully I won't be needing it much. Car has done 104,000km
silverstreak

Postby explorer.dave on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:15 am

Scangauge and Ultragauge are fairly popular, also a lot of members buy OBD11 dongles and use apps like Torque, maybe no more than $200 shipped and a lot cheaper if going the dongle and app path, If you throw up your location might be some-one close by that can help?
This problem has happened immediately after you cleaned the maf sensor? Is it possible you have damaged the sensor? How did you clean this? I still have strong doubts that the egr mod is creating the CEL's but eliminate and take it off for a day or so and see if the CEL's continue.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby L200Shogun on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:37 am

With an Android phone a dongle and Torque Pro App clear codes
Supercheap clear/read codes for $14
MAF sensors are "delicate" care needs to be taken cleaning them. I have read of fault lights occurring after cleaning before. Possibly the ECU gets a reading it is not expecting based on previous values received. I believe once reset it will stay off it may go away after a number of key cycles or disconnecting battery (need radio pin)
Highly unlikely it was SPVi cable. You did correct thing removing for fault finding. Always best to do one change at a time.

you can get these under $5 but post from China is slow
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-ELM327-O ... 2548.l4275
L200Shogun

Postby silverstreak on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:52 am

Thanks . Definitely maff sensor. Cleaned with liqui moly air sensor cleaner. Have tried a number of key cycles and light has gone off and put spvi cable back on and everything is good no Cel. Thanks again for your help
silverstreak

Postby shortSteve on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:33 pm

That's great to hear and thanks for following up with a reply ;)

sS
shortSteve

Return to Fuel Systems