Beaudesert Exhausts

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: Beaudesert Exhausts

Postby Steane on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:21 am

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f28/diesel-exhaust-flow-calculations-42772.html

This link and the link within it are worth checking out. They relate to diesel rather than petrol.

Chip IT quote 151hp and 573Nm for the 3.2, without a boost increase, just the chip on setting 4/5. Run the boost increase as well and that rises to ? (has to be 170-180 or so?), which is getting close to the 200hp = 3inch exhaust theory.

I'm guessing the Chip IT guys supply a 3" exhaust package because it works well, maybe for the above reason.

I'm ordering a 3" Scotts Rods system today and I blame Daryn for the decision. :lol:
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby reeldreamer on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:09 pm

I have recently got the boys at Scott's Rods to install the 3" mandrel bent system to my MN 3.2 and it goes really well! Not to loud and provides some solid torque! 3" is not to big as my old 2L turbo rice burner 200sx ran a 3" system with no worries! Back pressure and the like aren't an issue when you have a diesel! Can highly recommend to deal with Travis @ Scott's Rods, very helpful and quick!

Mitch
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby 4wd26 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:16 pm

reeldreamer wrote:I have recently got the boys at Scott's Rods to install the 3" mandrel bent system to my MN 3.2 and it goes really well! Not to loud and provides some solid torque! 3" is not to big as my old 2L turbo rice burner 200sx ran a 3" system with no worries! Back pressure and the like aren't an issue when you have a diesel! Can highly recommend to deal with Travis @ Scott's Rods, very helpful and quick!

Mitch

Mate you cannot have a MN and 3.2

Starting to get my attention with regard to the exhaust upgrade and need to confirm what others are using.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Steane on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:46 pm

I fitted the same Scott's Rods 3" system a few weeks ago. Surprisingly quiet, just a slight note. Haven't really taken it for a good drive yet, but I've also just fitted a bull bar and despite that the economy seems to be better than ever.

Didn't notice any great performance increase though.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby touchit on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Steane wrote:http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f28/diesel-exhaust-flow-calculations-42772.html

This link and the link within it are worth checking out. They relate to diesel rather than petrol.

Chip IT quote 151hp and 573Nm for the 3.2, without a boost increase, just the chip on setting 4/5. Run the boost increase as well and that rises to ? (has to be 170-180 or so?), which is getting close to the 200hp = 3inch exhaust theory.

I'm guessing the Chip IT guys supply a 3" exhaust package because it works well, maybe for the above reason.

I'm ordering a 3" Scotts Rods system today and I blame Daryn for the decision. :lol:

150hp, :o ,just when i was thinking about trading my ml , it currently wouldn`t pull the skin off a rice pudding :x .3" system comming up !!
touchit

Postby reeldreamer on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:37 am

4wd26 wrote:
reeldreamer wrote:I have recently got the boys at Scott's Rods to install the 3" mandrel bent system to my MN 3.2 and it goes really well! Not to loud and provides some solid torque! 3" is not to big as my old 2L turbo rice burner 200sx ran a 3" system with no worries! Back pressure and the like aren't an issue when you have a diesel! Can highly recommend to deal with Travis @ Scott's Rods, very helpful and quick!

Mitch

Mate you cannot have a MN and 3.2

Starting to get my attention with regard to the exhaust upgrade and need to confirm what others are using.

Sorry i meant ML..............
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Previous

Return to Fuel Systems