Fitted a 125 Litre Ironman Tank, to the 2010 Triton GLX R.
Had an Idea, it normally took about 3 Hours.
To save time working out what needs to be done, I will let you know.
Probably most tanks will need to be done the same way, so this will help many people.
Remove the spare wheel.
Remove the bolts supporting the brake line, and just let it hang loose.
Remove Tail shaft. Undo the bolts, to the rear diff. lower tail shaft, and pull the tail shaft, out of the gearbox shaft. There will be a small amount of oil lost here, so be carefull. we shoved a rag into the gearbox housing.
Take note of where the shaft ligns up with both ends, mark with something.
Remove the internal mud guards, on the passenger side, to access the hose conections, for the fill, and over flow, and breather.
We tied ropes, to support the weight of the tank, while we figured out the next stage. We did have the tail shaft, in the middle still and used the chassis to support the other side, and just slung the ropes under the tank.
We lowered the tank, and rolled it onto its side to access the Fuel lines on top of the tank, and the fuel tank sensor wires.
The wires on top of the tank, are held in position with 2 plastic clips which push into a slot, and open up to catches which need to be pushed in to give you enough slack to lower the tank enough to disconect the sensor wires, at the plug.
Disconect all tubes, 5 tubes being, the fill tube, the over flow, a breather, and the fuel line, and the fuel line return.
Take note of what tubes go where.
The old tank should now be on the ground.
Remove the fuel gauge sender, and Fuel return valve plate, and install in a similar position to old tank. Fix breather valve to tank.
Lift the tank, back into position. We were able to access all conections and tubes, with tank held loosley in position by the originall nuts.
Attach all the hoses, and the sensor wires, and then tighten the 4 support nuts for the tank.
There is an indentation in the side of the tank that lines up with the bolt that suppports the spring, we noticed that there was virtually no clearance between the end of the bolt, and the tank. We decided to put a small piece of rubber between the tank and this bolt, to reduce rubbing.
We had to shorten one of the bolts that support the brake line,and turn the bracket upside down to get it back into position. The longer bracket, there was no room for it, so we put a custom bend in the bracket, and tek screwed it back near its original position.
When attaching the breather tube, and the over flow hoses, they were longer than neccesary, and just cut them down to suit.
Put the tail shaft back, the mud guard trim etc, back and the spare tyre back, and started it up.
Total Time 5 hours for 2 of us.
If we weren"t scratching our heads as much, it probably would have taken about 3 hours.
I hope this helps