Carbon build - up its everyone’s problem.

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Carbon build - up its everyone’s problem.

Postby L200Shogun on Wed May 30, 2018 4:10 pm

It is mentioned elsewhere on here and you can see for yourself in workshop manual. MN use a temperature probe post inter-cooler for fueling.
L200Shogun

Postby Danos on Wed May 30, 2018 7:00 pm

Ok I’ll have a look. I wasn’t contemplating removing it. Just curious on the negative impacts if any.
Danos

Postby jrs184 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:43 am

ls2cruiser wrote:Your truck will start to run like crap. You would have to pull the intake off

I bought a small video camera and fed that down into the intake manifolds a few times, wiping the sludge and oil off it, to get a view before cleaning them. i couldn't get it all the way thru and didn't want to risk it staying down there. I did that and the mod and the catchcan at 100k, which i clean every fortnite and do my fuel adjustment (2T and chemtech) every full tank of fuel and any surging disappeared, the car behaves perfectly, the oil for a diesel is still clean on the dipstick after 10k and I never have to top up more than 500ml between services and i can get in it and drive it for 6500km like on on the last run to Port Douglas and back and the engine runs better than ever. ML 165k no complaints, i will dig out the camera and do a follow up to see how they are after the mod and can, i haven't done it again since that initial peep ...This morning i removed the intercooler ( I had never cleaned it ) to check it for oil/sludge and gave it a flush with petrol, first flush I closed both ends and gave it a good shake and set it aside for a short time to let it soak, a small amount of black gunk was washed out (I bought the car at 100k now it is 165k) same shake and soak again for 2nd and 3rd flush it was clean so i wiped it down shook the remaining fuel out, checked the cores, soft brushed a few insects off and let it dry out for a few hours. Checked inside the intercooler inlet and outlet pipes, there was a film of oil on the inside of the metal 90 degree bend where the metal gasket is, cleaned all that out, wiped the insides of the rubber pipes with a cloth and they were surprisingly clean, so it was worthwhile doing for just the peace of mind that all my intake is nice and clean and is not likely to get oiled up or dirty again probably for the rest of its life...(I guess the metal pipe condensed more mist/vapour than the rubber pipes).
Last edited by jrs184 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrs184

Postby Danos on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:18 am

What is the 2T fuel adjustment you mentioned?
Danos

Postby L200Shogun on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:21 am

Danos wrote:What is the 2T fuel adjustment you mentioned?

at a guess viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14320&p=351121&hilit=2+stroke#p351121
L200Shogun

Postby jrs184 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Danos wrote:What is the 2T fuel adjustment you mentioned?

Add some mineral two stroke oil to your fuel, each fill. it lubricates your pump, injectors, scv etc and helps with by a clean burn in the cylinders. The Chemtech is an anti fungus/algae in the tank additive that also helps clean the fuel system and injectors during the burn cycle.
jrs184

Postby Genebaby on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:49 am

Not too much MQ on here but I assume everyone knows about the EGR delete cable you been buy from Munji 4x4 for the MQ?

Plug and play to stop the build up in the MQ.

I've got one and a catch can to fit on our new Triton when it arrives as we are going to have it for a long time, or at least that's the plan.
Genebaby

Postby Genebaby on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:48 pm

This guy, whoever he is, is really for the EGR.

http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/201 ... you-money/
Genebaby

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:04 pm

He's talking about petrol engines, not diesel.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Genebaby on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:39 am

Oh, is he? I've only heard about it on Diesels, though I see now it can be used on petrol too. Interesting.
Genebaby

Postby Mayhem2015 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Has anyone used these guys or similar? http://www.enginecarbonclean.com/perth/

Not sure whether it is any better than disassembling and cleaning manually or not. I am keen to clean the manifold and shut off EGR after. Module, catch can, blanking plate or combo. Have not decided yet. There seams to be a few hydrogen based cleaning companies around at the moment.
Keeping the shiny side up since 1984. :D
Mayhem2015

Previous

Return to Warranty/Recalls