Air leaking around drivers side rear door GLX-R

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Air leaking around drivers side rear door GLX-R

Postby Hillzy on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:40 pm

Have a very annoying air leak in the cab at 100kph coming from the rear drivers side door, it sounds like a seal leaking a little but they all look to be in good condition. Had it in to the dealer, they said when I picked it up that they had driven two other twin cabs in the yard they were the same as mine so it was'nt a problem thats just normal!! Just wondering has anyone had this problem? :x
Hillzy

Re: Air leaking around drivers side rear door GLX-R

Postby mad992 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:49 pm

hey hillzy, naaa not a drama with wind noise in the triton but ill fill you in my mazda tribute whistled like a train as i drove it out the dealer on pick up so i turned around and ordered new door rubbers brand new got em fitted still noise at 80klms piss me off so i sold it for the triton and mine is good as gold, :D NVH is very good in the triton they apparently spent hundreds of hours in the wind tunnell look at the fins on the mirrors thats to stop noise hillzy and i reckon our trucks are fine 8-)
mad992

Postby daryn on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:18 pm

You should get to drive the other 2 twin cabs and see for yourself, otherwise it is there usual cop out excuse.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby slimv6 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:09 pm

There's a seam weld at the top of the door that dosen't seal properly. My stealer used a bit of silicon to make the seal a bit bigger, it's a bit better... If i can figure out how to post a pic, I'll do it!
I'm not as thunk as you drink I am. ;)
slimv6

Postby Hillzy on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:06 pm

A pic would be great slim... Had car back in again they said they talked to mitsi and said they know about it but they dont have a fix for it!
Hillzy

Postby Narloo on Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:34 pm

I have the same problem, went back to dealer and all they did was tighten up the wrong door :evil: (driver door now shuts 'very' firmly), given what they did to my front door it seems they may be able to adjust the doors to pull in more on the seal and hopefully remove the leak?? :roll:
Narloo

Return to Warranty/Recalls