Buzzys Truck Problems

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Buzzys Truck Problems

Postby Naff on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:17 am

The airflow sensor and oxygen sensor seems to be the first thing anyone replaces.. my folks Musso has got some issues at the moment; not unlike the surging, stalling some of you guys are experiencing. He's replaced all those sensors, had the ECU checked out, replaced the throttle body motor and is at wits end. I've told him to check out his EGR :lol:

And I'm typing this while my Ford Ranger work ute is being towed away from the front of my house for the second time in as many weeks. :lol:

They just don't make them like they used to.

But you are right greeny.. you would think they would find a solution to what seems to be an increasing problem. There's plenty of trucks out there they can practice on.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby borngeek on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:21 am

Buzzy... Write the letter (your version of events with docs), take it to your lawyer and get him to write something demanding on letterhead and send via registered mail to Mitsubishi Legals. (a quick call to MMAL and they will give you a specific address to 'serve' them).. Your letter is your 'statement'.. (so you will need to have it witnessed as such so it becomes a 'statutory declaration'.. Your lawyer can help do that after you knock on his door!)

I would accompany it with a invoice for how much you want from them to take your car - as you have probably lost confidence in the brand right now, and want to take your money elsewhere? You may find this a little over the top... (so may your lawyer :lol: )

However;
I would give chaser's crew another week to get you up and running.. It seems like they are trying pretty hard, but at some point they are going to have to get MMAL involved (as i am under the impression they are currently trying for you without MMAL's involvement). They would be wise to have them involved this week possibly...

Better to be upfront with the dealer about what you are even thinking of doing anyway as in the first instance they will get the call from MMAL for a 'please explain'... Them having their 'ducks in a row' can only help you anyway!

Failing to get a satisfactory reply from MMAL would then 'justify' taking further legal action and going to a media outlet if you feel it is necessary.. In the first instance the department of fair trading will be the first port of call... All companies/manufacturers etc are legally bound to 'make good' on their warrantee and there is NO WAY possible that MMAL could slide out of it.
When you win in court you will be reimbursed all legals with compensation.

Some lawyers would do 'pro-bono' on this type of work... the good ones wont but will win you more compo for you troubles....

lets hope it doesnt come to that :shock:

EDIT: if your wife drives the car and has experienced any issues at all get her to write a stat dec too! (but no lies at all as that would jeopardise the entire process)
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Steane on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:51 am

NaffX214 wrote:I've told him to check out his EGR :lol:

And I'm typing this while my Ford Ranger work ute is being towed away from the front of my house for the second time in as many weeks. :lol:

They just don't make them like they used to.

I think the engines are probably being made better than ever, it's the emissions crap that they have to put on them that causes the problems. A year or two from now and these issues will be a thing of the past as the manufacturers find ways of introducing EGR gas without the soot, and hopefully PCV gases without sucking the sump dry at the same time.

I'm convinced that the Mitsubishi EGR/PCV setup and intake manifold design causes issues that are not being fully understood yet.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sam on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Ok this is most likely not the prob with the Triton's but maybe worth checking out ;)

A guy I know with a Hyundai had it go south on him the other day and when they plugged the diagnostics into it it said everything was fine no probs :? but it was still a sick puppy.
Turned out they traced it to a bad power supply to the main ecu so once this was fixed no more probs and he reckons it's running better than it's ever done :)

Like I said most likely not the prob but could be worth checking as an intermittent high/low power supply could cause a few probs :?
sam

Postby Buzzy on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:47 pm

scubapro wrote:Buzzy I got mine back on friday. They tell me it was a faulty computer after replacing everything else. So far no problems, it feels smoother, quieter & idles better. Although it apears not to go quite as hard as before.

Time will tell, I hope you get yours fixed properly soon.

Took it in thismorning with no code showing.
They check what code it was from saturday and it was the same as last time. Faulty SCV.
Its in for another night :roll:
Hey scuba, what error code did yours throw up?
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby chick_magnet_0001 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:00 pm

i know whats sams sayin with the right power supply even in this day and age manufactures are still having trouble with these little things take BRP's etec outboard quite a few problems with power supply all they did was change some tolerances for power supply and fixed it... ahhhhh being a keyboard mech is so easy no grease under the nails no brused nuckles no dusty/ greasy cloths 8-) :lol: :roll:
Last edited by chick_magnet_0001 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COME ON FULL NOISE!!!!
Recovered:
Jop at scenic rim
Homer at janowen Hills
Homer at janowen Hills (3mins later)
Recovered
by fridgie 4wd Training Day... "shakes head" i woulda made it
chick_magnet_0001

Postby chaser on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:06 pm

we are trying to fix this vehical so us as a dealer not carring out the full extend of the warranty seems to be a bit odd. every car has problems just consider your selfs lucky you dont own a transit van or anyother euro trash, trust me there warranty sucks. but we will keep tearing our hair out to fix it, so hold tight buzzy we are doing the best we can...
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

2005 Toyota Prado gxl, Lifted, Bar, Lights, Tyres etc etc...

Triton still on the waiting list.....
chaser

Postby Buzzy on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:18 pm

chaser,
Nothing against you guys mate but its starting to get behond a joke.
Im sure you blokes are doing all you can (or more like all your allowed) but obviously this isnt working. I cant afford to have this going on and on and on.
You all keep saying we dont know whats wrong with it etc etc, doesnt instill much confidence. But surley some bastard knows whats doing
This is a family car, therefore I need it for my family so "hold tight" isnt realy good enough.

Will be calling Greg again in the morning. Unfortunatly you guys will soon know how annoying I can be :cry:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby chaser on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Buzzy wrote:
Will be calling Greg again in the morning. Unfortunatly you guys will soon know how annoying I can be :cry:

sorry to say this mate but i garrentee you being really [censored] annoying aint gunna fix your truck. if i could devote all of my 7.6 hours i get paid for in a day i would. but hey im not the boss, i only do as im told. greg was on the phone to mitsubishi tac again today for ages so im not sure what im doing on it tomorrow at this stage.

i will be back tomorrow to enlighten you some more but please dont annoy greg because it dosent make my life any easier. im sure you know what its like when a customer is annoying the boss and how he reacts....
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

chaser

Postby Buzzy on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Well apart from selling the car which isnt an option for us, what would you do in this situation?????
I have 50k of my hard earned sitting in your garage atm and the only contact I have with all this is your workshop so to be honest I dont give a stuff how Greg reacts.
I put the pressure on and he can then pass it on to whoever he likes, hopefully he passes it on to MMA and not you guys. Thats the way it works.
I think I have been more than patient so far, how long would you let this go on for?????
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby chaser on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Buzzy wrote:Well apart from selling the car which isnt an option for us, what would you do in this situation?????
I have 50k of my hard earned sitting in your garage atm and the only contact I have with all this is your workshop so to be honest I dont give a stuff how Greg reacts.
I put the pressure on and he can then pass it on to whoever he likes, hopefully he passes it on to MMA and not you guys. Thats the way it works.
I think I have been more than patient so far, how long would you let this go on for?????

me personally would ask for the loan vehical and say ill bring it back when my truck is fixed. but to say the least this is the 2nd time its been back for repairs. anyway putting pressure on anyone aint going to fix it any quicker than its taking.

chaser

Postby ag9111 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Chaser, you might be surprised at how much can get done when the right amount of pressure is applied to the right set of nuts. Not saying that yours are the right nuts. It should be a set of nuts further up the evolutionary tree at mitsubishi
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daryn on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:14 pm

That's what management is for and that's why he gets paid the bigger dollars chaser, there has to be 100% communication with the customer, that can solve a million problems but keeping people in the dark doesn't. If a customer gets angry after showing restraint and cooperation for a reasonable period of time like what buzzy has done he now needs to suck it in and listen and provide the appropiate service to solve the problem to the buzzys satisfaction. That's me saying it all in a nice manner too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby dismatpe on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 pm

i'm just curious, whats been done electrically? Has the wires to the scv been check for continuity, a broken core in the wiring will give intermittent faults, as you could have continuity, then move the wires and the circuit opens etc. Tracing the circuit back to the ecu for wiring defects etc. Electronics can be fickle creatures, as someone mentioned above, if and when the voltage is not correct, perhaps theres dc-dc voltage regulator that is not performing or a 12-5v transformer, if there is a dip in the supply voltage, say when the air-con kicks in, or fan or something it could cause issues, some cpu's need to be at 5v, not 4.95V, or 5.6V. Has the ecu got the latest version of code on?, or maybe the verision of code is too new for the car? Has the actual ecu been replace? Does the ecu have terminals or is in a socket? If a socket has then been this been replaced? Also with the fault code, does it have a sub code which may give more information? like i said above, i'm curiuous...
dismatpe

Postby chaser on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:40 pm

i have check all the wiring from the ecu to the scv, fuel rail and all the voltages are within the voltages given in the workshop manual. the ecu hasnt been replaced/removed......

chaser

Postby snowman on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:56 pm

what about the dual batt setup - i noticed Blue and Patto don't have it so maybe i am barking up the wrong tree, but it is an easy check. :?

could the dual batt arrangement be causing some issues with the ECU with voltages etc....it would come and go possibly dependant on the charge of the second battery......makingthe issue intermittant.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chaser on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 pm

snowman wrote:what about the dual batt setup - i noticed Blue and Patto don't have it so maybe i am barking up the wrong tree, but it is an easy check. :?

could the dual batt arrangement be causing some issues with the ECU with voltages etc....it would come and go possibly dependant on the charge of the second battery......makingthe issue intermittant.

highly doubt it but hey what do i know i only work on the shit

chaser

Postby snowman on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Chaser,

when you don't know how to fix something you have to apply a process of elimination.

ensuring the ECU is not being compromised from a power supply perspective is probably not a bad idea particularly if it is quite easy to do.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby marashkar on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:11 pm

i am watching this with great concern. when are we going to harden up and put this problem where it belongs squarley at mitsubishi. this talk about lawers is not coming from where it should.if you have a serious saftey problem and continue to drive the vehicle knowing of the problem under duty of care you could/would be liable. and anyone who thinks mitsubishi and there lawers would help you is off with the pixies. if one of these things shuts down causes an accident and kills someone you will not be able to say it has a problem but i kept driving it anyway. end result off to the big house you go. i realise it is easy for me to say but after the second limp episode i would take it to the nearest mitsi dealer while there write a letter saying the vehicle has a serious safety issue and you deem it to dangerous to drive. give them the keys and walk away. get a copy of the letter tell the finance/lease/insurance co where it is and why. and find a lawyer. not in the same league yet but over 30 people have died over a car company refusing to admit/ own up to an issue and the lawsuits will go on for years my 2 cents worth steve
marashkar

Postby Buzzy on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:24 pm

marashkar wrote:i am watching this with great concern. when are we going to harden up and put this problem where it belongs squarley at mitsubishi. this talk about lawers is not coming from where it should.if you have a serious saftey problem and continue to drive the vehicle knowing of the problem under duty of care you could/would be liable. and anyone who thinks mitsubishi and there lawers would help you is off with the pixies. if one of these things shuts down causes an accident and kills someone you will not be able to say it has a problem but i kept driving it anyway. end result off to the big house you go. i realise it is easy for me to say but after the second limp episode i would take it to the nearest mitsi dealer while there write a letter saying the vehicle has a serious safety issue and you deem it to dangerous to drive. give them the keys and walk away. get a copy of the letter tell the finance/lease/insurance co where it is and why. and find a lawyer. not in the same league yet but over 30 people have died over a car company refusing to admit/ own up to an issue and the lawsuits will go on for years my 2 cents worth steve

I completley agree however when I picked the truck up last week it was supposivley fixed. Only knew there was a problem on saturday when it threw another code while driving. What can you do? :?
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby borngeek on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:31 pm

steve you have a point... esp with toyota's recent episode!

i DO think that someone should balls out at mitsu, but you may know (as i do) that going with the lawyers is not always the way forward...?? I have spent more than the cost of a dealership with those scoundrels in a fairly short lifetime so far :evil: (and i use scoundrel being mindful of the audience here...)

I do agree the issues being experienced have a element of 'danger' about them... But its not like an accelerator jamming on, a wheel randomly falling off of your truck or it spontaneously combusting because you hit 65 with your cruise control on while going up a 45degree hill with low beam on.... (ok drama :lol: )

Some of us may have paid outright for the cars we drive! (not my triton, being one of my bizo lease fleet cars, but i have cars that i actually OWN and still have warrantee...)

What is happening to Buzzy is damn right fked. theres no better way to put it and i am positive chaser would agree there...

Mits has to help chasers boss BEFORE chaser can help buzzy! No alternatives there, but at least good ole chaser can read all our 'posts' and charge into work with some ideas he has read and the ones he has conjured in his dreams/newtriton.nightmares.net..

In the end "10 minds are better than 1" and we have a fair few more than that working here!
..... who said that??? :ugeek:
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chaser on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:34 pm

^^^ agreed

chaser

Postby Blue on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Buzzy wrote:
marashkar wrote:i am watching this with great concern. when are we going to harden up and put this problem where it belongs squarley at mitsubishi. this talk about lawers is not coming from where it should.if you have a serious saftey problem and continue to drive the vehicle knowing of the problem under duty of care you could/would be liable. and anyone who thinks mitsubishi and there lawers would help you is off with the pixies. if one of these things shuts down causes an accident and kills someone you will not be able to say it has a problem but i kept driving it anyway. end result off to the big house you go. i realise it is easy for me to say but after the second limp episode i would take it to the nearest mitsi dealer while there write a letter saying the vehicle has a serious safety issue and you deem it to dangerous to drive. give them the keys and walk away. get a copy of the letter tell the finance/lease/insurance co where it is and why. and find a lawyer. not in the same league yet but over 30 people have died over a car company refusing to admit/ own up to an issue and the lawsuits will go on for years my 2 cents worth steve

I completley agree however when I picked the truck up last week it was supposivley fixed. Only knew there was a problem on saturday when it threw another code while driving. What can you do? :?

Exactly, Buzzy, they keep saying "It's fixed this time" and refusing to drive it beyond that opens another can of worms - loss of faith in a vehicle has no legal backing...

I finally heard from the lease company today - it's a shame one has to email the MD and attach all the emails no-one has replied to in order to be heard... Let the arse kicking begin, fingers crossed...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jop on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Good luck blue
jop

Postby Blue on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:42 pm

ta jop - did you track down those toyota wheel nuts for the tri...??? :P
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls