Suspension squeak recall

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Suspension squeak recall

Postby trytin on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Just had a call from the stealer, they fixed the squeaky springs nearly 12 months ago with the fix kit from Mitso. Stealer said their is a new fix kit out and they want to have my car back to fit it. Said yes because it still does squeak a little when your getting in and out of the car but cant hear it when your driving. At least I will get my springs serviced for nothing. Any one else had the call ?
trytin

Re: Suspension squeak recall

Postby Homer on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:06 pm

No, but mine will need the fix at the first service. Seems they still have the same problem.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby spargo on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:20 pm

Mine's going in for it's 1500k first wipe-over on monday (it's now done 2200km thanks to a trip to Dalby I just finished), so I'll suss this out then - any further details on it trytin? does it have a special name or require some kind of password for the dealer to know what I need fixing?
spargo

Postby spargo on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:57 pm

yep, my dealer knew about it and it will be dealt with on monday. he's a good fella. ;)
spargo

Postby jop on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Which dealer are you using spargo?
jop

Postby Big Brad on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:03 pm

Mine got done last week.

50k travelled on road only and still quite as a mouse. 1 trip to Moreton Island ( sand ) and squeakier than an old bed spring.

Stealer fixed it up though so am assuming I got thew latest and greatest.

He even noticed the rear end was down 5mm to standard and asked if I wanted it fixed but I said no as it was just the weight of the lpg tank .

All good.

Brad
The next statement is True - The first statement is False
Big Brad

Postby Storm Trooper on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:30 pm

Good News trytin.... i had this problem roughly 3000 km from new, small annoying squeak at every bump, even heard while the music/radio is on loud. mentioned this at the 15000 km service and they applied the hot fix, now at 24000 km i have the squeak again, but this time its also when i get in and out of the truck.

surely if its a recall they would be phoning us, but definitely will mentioned this if they don't call by the next service due at 30000 km.
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby Dazza on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Mine is booked in to get the squeek fixed next Tuesday - I hope they they have the latest fix
Dazza

Postby spargo on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:14 am

jop wrote:Which dealer are you using spargo?

purchased new from Nundah Mitsubishi (Norris Motor Group).. they're just down the street from me so very convenient.
spargo

Postby Naff on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:15 am

They'll only issue a formal recall if the problem was detrimental to the operation of the vehicle or safety of the occupants - the squeak is more a nuisance noise.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Greedy on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:53 am

NaffX214 wrote:They'll only issue a formal recall if the problem was detrimental to the operation of the vehicle or safety of the occupants - the squeak is more a nuisance noise.

A bit like the power steering issue. :lol: :lol:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Naff on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Haven't read that one ... :shock:

They'll do anything to save money - if you don't complain about the suspension, it won't get fixed.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ML-VR08 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:19 am

Just use some spray grease! this will fix the problem! Spray it all over the leafs especially the "C" type clips this will eliminate that annoying squeak
ML-VR08

Postby Stu on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:11 pm

ML-VR08 wrote:Just use some spray grease! this will fix the problem! Spray it all over the leafs especially the "C" type clips this will eliminate that annoying squeak

I've been through about 5 cans of lithium grease in the last 9 months, it always fixes it until I go offroad then it comes straight back. Must get it to the dealer one day for the fix, the only reason I haven't bothered is cause I keep telling myself that I'll upgrade the suspension to fix the problem but that isn't happening in the near future
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby Nick 08 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Had mine fixed at about 5000km and it came back after about a month so its going back to the dealer AGAIN soon
Nick 08

Postby bina on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:29 am

my rear springs started squeaking at 5000k,the dealer greased the affected areas to no avail,it then went to pedders to have them reset,still did not fix the squeak. mits then put new springs in with the kit and guess what,they still squeaked,back to the dealer again, :evil: it turned out to be the bushes that were the problem,the bushes themselves were in good order,just dry,so they got the grease and I have been squeak free for 6000k :D
bina

Postby tryhard on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:35 pm

i noticed a squeak in mine (MYO9 VR build date Jul 08) when jumping in an out via the tailgate. Don't hear it while on or off road though. Will see if they can look at it at the 15k service given I don't usually get to hear it and I'm only up to about 6,000 km so far.... :p
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Postby spargo on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:39 am

spargo wrote:Mine's going in for it's 1500k first wipe-over on monday (it's now done 2200km thanks to a trip to Dalby I just finished), so I'll suss this out then - any further details on it trytin? does it have a special name or require some kind of password for the dealer to know what I need fixing?

right. 1500km service done yesterday (at 2250), and 'apparently' my MY09 already had 'the fix' done at the factory, and hence there was nothing they could physically do to it yesterday - so they felt that they could do was lube everything up, and unfortunately it's still squeeking when getting in and out and when giving the tray a gentle rock..

oh well, will see how bad it gets over time.
spargo

Postby ML-VR08 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:45 am

Ok i will say it ONE more time hahaha (use spray grease) it will fix it trust me!!! Its a $8 can of spray grease you can get from super shit auto!
ML-VR08

Postby spargo on Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:02 am

ML-VR08 wrote:Ok i will say it ONE more time hahaha (use spray grease) it will fix it trust me!!! Its a $8 can of spray grease you can get from super shit auto!

Yeah yeah.. will get some this weekend.. :)
spargo

Postby ML-VR08 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:19 am

Good man! 8-)
ML-VR08

Postby TrickML on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:00 am

I have the squeak in the rear suspension and my VR08 is fitted with the Ironman kit, anyone else have squeaks with Ironman suspension?
TrickML

Postby TrickML on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:01 am

I have the squeak in the rear suspension and my VR08 is fitted with the Ironman kit, anyone else have squeaks with Ironman suspension?
TrickML

Postby Buzzy on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:24 pm

Mate I have the squeek with the Dobinsons.
Pain in the arse, looks like another phone call is in order :x
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Chaj on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:21 pm

yeah I have a squeak now I've dome 16000kms but only noticed it about 14K - time to sort this shit out I reckon - more of a nuisance than anything & sounds cheap and nasty.
Chaj

Next

Return to Warranty/Recalls