MN Rear Seat belts.

What were your warranty claims and recall information

MN Rear Seat belts.

Postby Tony on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:52 am

I seem to be having issues with the rear seat belts. They lock up very easily and work their way tight on the kids and will not release. The left side is so bad we often have to pull over to release it. Had it back to the dealer three times now and they say nothing is wrong :? Maybe things will improve when we change the crap suspension out?
My kids are fine in our other vehicles so something is not right here. :(
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Re: MN Rear Seat belts.

Postby Greedy on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:40 am

There are two modes of operation in the rear belts. The standard operation is just the inertia style operation. i.e. lock up if moved suddenly. The other is constantly locked for use on child seats etc. The second operation is achieved by pulling the seatbelt out to it's limit then letting it retract once done up. A slight clicking will be heard whilst the seatbelt is retracted. To remove this to get back to standard operation, you need to fully retract the seat belt. In summary, if you can hear a clicking while the seatbelt is retracting it will always be locked and you need to let it fully wind up to remove this setting. No idea if this is your problem :? but I hope it helps.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby kevin on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:35 am

^ very useful Greedy - I did not know that.
MY'10 MN GLX-R auto
MY'03 Forester XS
https://www.offroadsubarus.com/
kevin

Postby Tony on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Thanks Greedy :) That sounds like the problem. I have a fiddle when the missus gets home tonight. Should I read that funny looking book that came with the truck now. :oops:
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:24 pm

manual that came with the truck won't be of use fiddling with the missus!
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby smouch1975 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 pm

RHKTriton wrote:manual that came with the truck won't be of use fiddling with the missus!

Wondered how long that was going to take :o :o :o
Mark

Dirty woman, Clean truck :-)

View My Build Thread Here
smouch1975

Postby Tony on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:06 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: Damn thing is just as temperamental :lol: :lol: ;)
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm still having issues with the rear belts in this thing. Sure if you pull them all the way they do change into lock mode.. Then have to let it all the way back to change to inertia mode. That bit works fine.

Mine seems to intermittently go into child lock mode wile a passenger is wearing the seat belt. :? Not good as have to stop the truck and release the damn belt to reset it. Both sides are doing this too. :? The dealer cant find anything wrong with them so wont replace under waranty. :evil: I'm sick of it, as we do long k's and will happen at least twice in a trip.
I'm going to replace them myself with new units out of a poverty pack model with out the electric rear window. End of problem :evil:
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lee-thal on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 am

are u sure your kids arent pulling them out and playing with them while driving??

the operation of the locking mechanism for the child restraints is simple, it is almost impossible for them to accidentally come on. Be careful if going to change seatbelts from a different car, this may affect insurance should something happen and they find different seat belts fitted.

Cheers
Lee-thal

Postby kwyjibo on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:05 am

In my ML I'm having the same problem, people in the back keep getting stuck, but they just release it all the way then put it back on ;)

Or i just leave them to struggle as it doesn't really affect me cause i'm in the drivers seat :roll:

Also didn't know about the auto lock thing that's cool
kwyjibo

Postby har05l on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:23 pm

kwyjibo wrote:In my ML I'm having the same problem, people in the back keep getting stuck, but they just release it all the way then put it back on ;)

Or i just leave them to struggle as it doesn't really affect me cause i'm in the drivers seat :roll:

Also didn't know about the auto lock thing that's cool

I'm like you kyle, front seat is fine :D

Have you come up with a fix yet tony :?: . Mine does this to and with a 15 year old daughter you can imagine the ear ringing I get :roll:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:51 pm

This is a bit of a rant on my old problem.....

After all this time (over 50k) mine are still locking and wont release at least once every 200 to 400ks. Very annoying.
As stated above, have to take the belt off and let the thing all the way back to reset.

My dealer wont change them as cant replicate the bloody problem pulling on the belts wile sitting in the workshop :evil: , so may have to take it in my own hands from here.
Is dangerous like this as passengers may have to remove the belt wile car is in motion if get hung badly. Happens to the adults including the elderly..Too. I have also travelled in the back and had the same problem. Is a bloody pain on a motorway or clear way.

I can live with the many other annoyances such as the squeak in the rear back rest wile has weight against it but not the bloody belts locking :evil: :evil:
I'll try a Sydney dealer as our dealer up here is frigin useless I can tell you :evil: Never going back as had enough of them.
Have done more harm than good to my pride and joy over the past year. Many others have left them too.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Warranty/Recalls