Parts pricing

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Parts pricing

Postby Thommo3337 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Have been looking at what the Stealers are charging for filters etc and find it disgusting!! Surely this has got to be some sort of profiting or illegal activity? What's worse is that it seems to only be Australian Mitsubishi. I have had a look on eBay uk and am currently requesting postage prices. The oil filters are 12 pounds each for genuine as opposed to $68 here. Front brake pads $170 aftermarket at super cheap $70. Why is it only Australia? We should be cheaper than England as we are closer? Might make a few phone calls tomorrow to fair trading see what they say
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

Re: Parts pricing

Postby Custom Offroad on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:07 am

Good luck with that! There are a lot of different factors that affect pricing when compared to other countries. The biggest problem is power in numbers ie population! USA pay close to half what we pay for big name tyres we just have to deal with it! My advice buy your filters from overseas and just move on. There are plenty of ways to save a buck. I buy my tyres for the ute from USA and let my tyre fitter know how much I paid for them to make him jealous......In most cases the retail price I pay in the States is less then the dealers cost price here!!! Ive had guys at Goodyear tyre service ask me to get them good year tyres from the states cause its cheaper :shock:
Bash Plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad accessories......

viewforum.php?f=80
Custom Offroad

Postby Thommo3337 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:30 pm

True that Prestige!! It just makes you sick when you hear or see how cheap they are in every other country! May aswell be no retail shops here in Aus.
Thommo3337

Postby Homer on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Thommo3337 wrote: May aswell be no retail shops here in Aus.

Pretty sure that's what this govt is aiming for....
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby 4WD Supplies on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:01 pm

I had my service done by mitsi dealer the other day and they charged me $47.27 for my oil filter. :shock:

Maybe try some of these. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=10975
4WD Supplies

Postby Thommo3337 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Just rang consumer affairs nothing they could do told to ring accc 18 mins on hold told nothing they could do the Stealers can charge what they want. Rang the local Stealers oil filter $69 air filter $82 fuel filter $85 kit from England for all three $100 excluding deliver or can get a full service kit with all filters engine flushs oil manifold seal and some belts for $185 we get shafted!!!
Thommo3337

Postby fridgie on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Retailers will always charge what they think they can for a product, the only thing we can do about it is choose where to shop ;)

You know, you can get petrol pretty cheap overseas (in the right places).... :roll: :lol: :lol:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Blue on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 pm

oops - wrong forum, let alone thread... :oops:

Think I need some sleep... :roll:
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby fridgie on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Blue wrote:oops - wrong forum, let alone thread... :oops:

Think I need some sleep... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Return to Servicing