30k service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

30k service

Postby Crash486 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Just got the 30k service done $590 !! "Subsidised by the Mitsubishi Capped Price Servicing Program"
Had just two warranty claims, #4 radio button fell off and the scuff plates front driver and passenger half falling off. Neither were fixed, the radio did not come in and dealer said they would not fix the scuff plates as it was the responsibility of the dealer I purchased the vehicle from. Is this true or are they fobbing me off? Not my idea of a service network. :-(
Crash486

Re: 30k service

Postby dan_4818 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Sounds like they are fobbing u off. Any dealer should warrant the new car warranty. It warrants the car not the dealership
dan_4818
Platinum Subscriber

Postby fridgie on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:55 pm

dan_4818 wrote:Sounds like they are fobbing u off. Any dealer should warrant the new car warranty. It warrants the car not the dealership

x2
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

30k service

Postby Crash486 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:05 am

Thanks guys, I'll have a chat with them see if I can find out why they are so stingy about $30 of metal from eBay.
Crash486

Postby Lee-thal on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:37 am

Are the Scuff plates genuine? Were they fitted before you purchased the car? The radio they need to place an external exchange order from the Radio Manufacturer and trust me they take forever to get,

Any Dealer fitted accesories fitted prior to delivery have a 3 Year Warranty, If you fit them yourself you only get 12 months warranty on the part not on the labour, as they are only double sided taped into place it was prob just a fitment issue.

Cheers Lee
Lee-thal

Postby destorman on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:23 am

Lee-thal wrote: ... Any Dealer fitted accesories fitted prior to delivery have a 3 Year Warranty, If you fit them yourself you only get 12 months warranty on the part not on the labour, as they are only double sided taped into place it was prob just a fitment issue ...

I've been told by the local steelers parts manager, mitsi genuine accessories self fitted, get the balance of the new car warranty, or 12 months, which ever is the longest ... we've installed the mitsi genuine towbar and wiring harness and the torrneau ourselves ... so hope what we've been told is correct.

Guess there'll always be the argument that we did not install correctly!
The best surfer is the one having the most fun ... :mrgreen:
destorman

30k service

Postby Crash486 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks for the info, good to know there is three years warranty as all the bits were fitted prior to delivery by the dealer.
Crash486

Postby destorman on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:12 am

destorman wrote:
Lee-thal wrote: ... Any Dealer fitted accesories fitted prior to delivery have a 3 Year Warranty, If you fit them yourself you only get 12 months warranty on the part not on the labour, as they are only double sided taped into place it was prob just a fitment issue ...

I've been told by the local steelers parts manager, mitsi genuine accessories self fitted, get the balance of the new car warranty, or 12 months, which ever is the longest ... we've installed the mitsi genuine towbar and wiring harness and the torrneau ourselves ... so hope what we've been told is correct.

Guess there'll always be the argument that we did not install correctly!

Just had a look in the service manual for our Triton ... under the warranty section, there's info about accessories ...

From my reading, it confirms what I've been told.
The best surfer is the one having the most fun ... :mrgreen:
destorman

Postby Thommo3337 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:21 pm

Going in on Thursday for the 30000km service! Have decided to take it there as it has the fixed price servicing, they have agreed to allow me to use my own filters (Nippon max oil and Sakura air and fuel($88.00 delivered) they have stayed that Mitsubishi have advised that there is no need for tapper adjustment unless it doesn't pass the audible however I have requested that it be done (will have to mark somehow) is there any point asking about carbon build up after 30000km on an mn 2010? And is their anything else to request them to look at (they have in the past told me they will only look at issues I raise with them before hand) thanks guys wish me luck!!!!!
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

Postby Lee-thal on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:41 am

Thommo,

If they are telling you that about the tappets, TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. The tappets are stated in your handbook to be done every 30000kms, If the dealer tells you otherwise they are lying to you!! If they Lie Over the phone what else will they Lie about????

Cheers Lee
Lee-thal

30k service

Postby MN GLXR on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:08 am

From memory the service book does not say tappet adjustment is mandatory. It is optional so there must be a level of discretion about whether it is required or not.
MN GLXR

Postby hvac guy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:27 am

Its a new motor and must be done full stop.
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lee-thal on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:54 am

The service book states that tappet adjustment is part of the 30000km service, then every 30000km after that,

To ensure your warranty is maintained the service schedule needs to be done by the book.

You dont have to change the oil in your car, But when it seizes then dont expect warranty to pay for the repair. At the end of the day its your car, you can do as little or as much as you like to maintain it.

Cheers Lee
Lee-thal

Postby har05l on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Lee-thal wrote:The service book states that tappet adjustment is part of the 30000km service, then every 30000km after that,

To ensure your warranty is maintained the service schedule needs to be done by the book.

You dont have to change the oil in your car, But when it seizes then dont expect warranty to pay for the repair. At the end of the day its your car, you can do as little or as much as you like to maintain it.

Cheers Lee

And just to add to this Lee I'm near 100% sure that genuine filters and the likes are also to be used regardless of who the mechanical workshop is that does any of the needed services as you would no doubt know :)

The tappet adjustment may seem like a waste to some but IMO it most definitely makes a difference and I want my warranty to be as care free if ever I have an engine issue ;)

And at the capped price it is in the $590 price regardless anyway :roll:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Thommo3337 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:38 pm

I know for a fact that it is illegal to not warranty the car if after market filters are used! Mitsubishi have to prove that it is the after market filter that caused the problem! To sell a filter in Australia it has to by law be equal to or exceed the genuine Mitsubishi filter! If anyone tells you otherwise get them to right it down and I bet they won't! Was told a while ago that Mitsubishi have agreed to the audible check at 30000km (could be a lie as it is a fixed price service and the dealer only gets paid what they should for the service!!! These cars are made in Thailand and for me it is peace of mind having someone check to make sure it is right! What's the best way to mark?
Thommo3337

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Yeah but who wants to have a warranty fight later because they saved 20 bucks using non genuine? Not me.

The audible check has been the subject of past discussion. If I recall correctly the consensus was that you couldn't hear the difference to the point where you could trust it over a physical check. Some have had half adjust one way and the other half adjust the opposite way - no way you could hear that just by listening to the engine.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby snowman on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Thommo3337 wrote:I know for a fact that it is illegal to not warranty the car if after market filters are used! Mitsubishi have to prove that it is the after market filter that caused the problem! To sell a filter in Australia it has to by law be equal to or exceed the genuine Mitsubishi filter! If anyone tells you otherwise get them to right it down and I bet they won't! Was told a while ago that Mitsubishi have agreed to the audible check at 30000km (could be a lie as it is a fixed price service and the dealer only gets paid what they should for the service!!! These cars are made in Thailand and for me it is peace of mind having someone check to make sure it is right! What's the best way to mark?

mate that may be the official requirement, but in today's world of cheap chinese imports you would be mad to trust any other brand if Mits are unlikely to cover a warranty.

Almost everything you buy today has poor quality control based on a 'if a few fail' we will replace them. i would not waste the time risking it. any process 'proving' it was the fault of the filter manufacturer, and then getting money out of them could take months, if not years. meanwhile you dont have a car and a 10k bill.

different story once you are out of warranty i guess.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:59 am

Thommo,

thats right they would have to prove it,

TRUST me, I have seen aftermarket Filters FAIL and cause Major Engine Problems, ANd you know what, EVERYTIME i have seen it the Manufacturer HAS NOT paid for the repair. THe BEST one i saw was a QLD Police Vehicle with a Ryco Filter, Filter failed and the engine of a Liberty GT was Destroyed, It went on for a month or 2 with the Owners and Manufacturer fighting but guess what, THE customer Paid.

At the end of the day for PEACE OF MIND, USE Genuine Parts, At least if it fails you will not ahve to waste your time and money to fight it. Cause Trust me You will have to fight with any manufacturer if u use non genuine parts!!
Lee-thal

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Sydney filters used fastway couriers was sent Friday night and has not been delivered still was told they still won't have it by tomorrow morning for the service. Was told I should recieve it Monday Tuesday at the latest! Second time fast way have bent me over last time took 8 days and 5 phone calls
Thommo3337

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Still being told that the tappers don't need doing
As none have been through that needed adjusting even on the 60000km service have also been told that the mn has no issue with carbon build up! Have still requested the tappets be physically looked at!
Thommo3337

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Yeah well the MN does have an issue with carbon build-up so there's another warning bell for you mate.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Snooozy on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:39 pm

time to find a new dealer Thommo
your current one talks s*#t
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Froggy on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Where are you located thommo?
Perhaps someone might be able to recommend a dealer nearby!
Froggy

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Melton Vic I know they talk shot I have pulled them up a few times already have marked all the filters and will see! Just waiting for the capped price to run out then will be off to a local! Sony know if the head service bloke isn't a mechanic or just full of shit! Told him it was using more fuel but didn't seem to care! Said they will see after the service how it is. can they put a camera down to see if their is build up? Thanks guys for the info/help this forum rocks, you end up been able to know that they are talking utter crap and if wish can tell them....
Thommo3337

Postby Thommo3337 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Dropped the car off at 8am was called at 3pm to tell me that they don't have the right manifold gasket or the ones that they had were deformed (probably talking shit) not sure if they ran out of time or discovered that I had marked the gaskets with white paint? Have to wait till lunch time tomorrow!! Does anyone work at Mitsubishi know that this is a problem of running out of gaskets or are they been shifty? Thanks guys you would think that this sort of stuff shouldn't happen at a place where you are paying a premium on a service as opposed to a local
Echanic
Thommo3337

Next

Return to Servicing