Genuine oil filter price

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: Genuine oil filter price

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:50 am

Don't neglec outsourcing.

The amount of rebranding would make it difficult to know what you're actually buying.

A you tube clip I looked at a few weeks ago had a guy checking out a few genuine and alternate replacements.

Three were Toyota OEM spares, in identical boxes and part numbers. On cutting them open they were all inferior to some of the third party ones, with cheap valving and weak elements. All three were totally different inside.

The ryco I cut open a couple of years ago looked a smidge more robust than the mitsi part and the sakura, Nippon max , etclooked oOK also.

Bottom line, I don't see spending three times the amount offers any better value.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby leonbee on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:20 am

RHKTriton wrote:Don't neglec outsourcing.

The ryco I cut open a couple of years ago looked a smidge more robust than the mitsi part and the sakura, Nippon max , etclooked oOK also.

Bottom line, I don't see spending three times the amount offers any better value.

Ryco was good when made in Australia, but remember the recall when they went off shore a few years back. Lots of other past forum talk on pressure problems, failing Ryco filters and engine damage. The quality of the Genuine Mitsi filter is most likely made to meet the quality of the rest of the Truck :lol: but they don;t fail.

Here is the Old Ryco Recall spill...

Important Quality Message From Ryco
RYCO OIL FILTERS: Made in Indonesia Z386, Z432, Z442, Z445 and Z547

As a precautionary measure, we request that you identify and cease to fit any Ryco branded oil filters with a part number Z386, Z432, Z442, Z445 or Z547 that were manufactured in Indonesia. The country of origin can be found on the bottom of the inner carton. If you have any of this product please call Ryco Customer Service on 1800 804 541 and we will make arrangements with you to have the defective stock swapped at no cost to you.

Last year GUD Automotive experienced a minor quality issue across a limited batch of 65mm diameter spin on oil filters manufactured in Indonesia. The result of the issue was that some filters could weep oil from around the seam of the filter.

As the market leader in Automotive Filtration Ryco takes its product quality very seriously. GUD is taking every possible measure to ensure that all suspect stock is removed from the market. All stock of these part numbers shipped from GUD Automotive since October 2009 has been 100% certified. This stock has a country of origin of China so please do not return this stock.

GUD have undertaken significant investigations into the cause of this defect and are confident that the issue will not reoccur.

Generally if this defect occurs it represents an inconvenience for vehicle owners and fitters, and based on our analysis it is extremely unlikely that engine damage will occur. Should any vehicle in the field exhibit an oil leak then this should be handled through the Ryco warranty policy.

A full Ryco warranty statement can be found in the Ryco catalogue or on our website www.rycofilters.com.au

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and you can rest assured that Ryco is committed to providing high quality genuine performance filtration solutions.
leonbee

Postby wildturkeycanoe on Sat May 28, 2016 6:37 am

I just got a filter kit [oil,fuel and air] from Ebay, somewhere down Melbourne way, for under $60. That's cheaper than just the oil filter alone at the local shops. The fuel and air are Transgold, the oil is OSK [Osaka] brand. I will let you know if I have any troubles with them, though in a sealed system such as the oil path of an engine, why would there be any dirt in there unless something was falling apart or wearing out anyway? That means you'd have some serious issues to attend to.
2019 MR GLX+ manual. Stock for now...the future is always evolving.
wildturkeycanoe

Postby sv294 on Sat May 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi guys i was using a genuine filter and had switched to cooper (nippon max) good filters cheap as and no leaks, but have since found Hitachi heavy machinery here in adelaide is donaldson dealer they do kits for the triton air oil and fuel 89 dollars thats great value over mitsis filter pricing and donaldson are great filters

chers sv
sv294

Postby viking shippy on Sun May 29, 2016 8:17 am

Yes Donaldson do 2oil&2fuel in a pack For$120...nothing but Donaldson for 150k now...all good high quality...

------------------------
Cheers VS
I don't miss my old
viking shippy

Postby Colsha on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:26 pm

viking shippy wrote:Yes Donaldson do 2oil&2fuel in a pack For$120...nothing but Donaldson for 150k now...all good high quality...

------------------------
Cheers VS
I don't miss my old

Shippy, are you near Hitachi Construction Machinery or do they post them out to you? I'd like to find a supplier on the Sunshine Coast at that price!
Colsha

Postby mitch_o on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Repco can Order Donaldson Filters in for you. I got a Filter kit through them 2 x oil 2 x fuel for $99

https://www.donaldsonfilters.com.au/~do ... ucts/kits/
mitch_o

Postby coughy on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:14 pm

here colsha

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DONALDSON-4W ... SwRgJXkr3r

P506010 - 1x Panel Air Filter
P551343 - 1x Oil Filter Spin On
P506011 - 1x Fuel Filter Water Separator Spin-on

Kit X900048 Includes:

P506010 - 1x Panel Air Filter
Length: 238 MM (9.37 Inches)
Width: 238 MM (9.37 Inches)
Height: 67 MM (2.64 Inches)
Efficiency: 99.90 Percent
Efficiency Test Std: JIS D 1612
Media Type: Cellulose

P551343 - 1x Oil Filter Spin On
Outer Diameter: 102 MM (4.02 Inches)
Thread Size: M26 x 1.5
Length: 135 MM (5.31 Inches)
Gasket OD: 73 MM (2.87 Inches)
Gasket ID: 45 MM (1.77 Inches)
Efficiency 50%: 16 Micron
Efficiency Test Std: JIS D 1611
Anti-Drainback Valve: Yes
Bypass Valve Setting LR: 0.5 Bar (7 PSI)
Bypass Valve Setting HR: 0.7 Bar (10 PSI)
Type: Combination
Primary Application: MITSUBISHI MD069782

P506011 - 1x Fuel Filter Water Separator Spin-on
Outer Diameter: 106 MM (4.17 Inches)
Thread Size: M20 x 1.5
Length: 105 MM (4.13 Inches)
Gasket OD: 99 MM (3.90 Inches)
Gasket ID: 94 MM (3.70 Inches)
Efficiency 99%: 5 Micron
Efficiency Test Std: ISO 4548-12, JIS D 1617
Emulsified H2O Efficiency: 99 Percent
Type: Water Separator

dont even have to leave the house lol
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby trevtriton on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:18 am

Colsha wrote:
viking shippy wrote:Yes Donaldson do 2oil&2fuel in a pack For$120...nothing but Donaldson for 150k now...all good high quality...

------------------------
Cheers VS
I don't miss my old

Shippy, are you near Hitachi Construction Machinery or do they post them out to you? I'd like to find a supplier on the Sunshine Coast at that price!

Colshy, try Suncoast Truck Spares at Kunda Park, they stock Donaldson and I paid $28.95 for an oil filter part #P551343 last month, bought the X900048 kit 6 months ago around $80-90 bucks from memory. Just don't tell everyone, they'll put the price up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers trev
trevtriton

Previous

Return to Servicing